What? Are you asking a serious question Red?

It works on wear like it is designed to work on Wear. By that I mean that you can use your wear device to control the feed while streaming to a chromecast via the app.

Yes, it was a serious question, but not phrased well. I was hoping to have an AtBat app on my watch... that is, I want to pull up a screen that gives me info on the game. This is one thing I really miss moving from Pebble to Wear:

00-Upload-JPG1-1024x573.jpg

This was perfect for when I'm stuck shopping or someplace where I can't follow the game on my phone. Just have little updates on the watch. It's also nice when driving, even when listening to the game on the radio. A quick glance and I can see what the status is.

Yes, it was a serious question, but not phrased well. I was hoping to have an AtBat app on my watch... that is, I want to pull up a screen that gives me info on the game. This is one thing I really miss moving from Pebble to Wear:

This was perfect for when I'm stuck shopping or someplace where I can't follow the game on my phone. Just have little updates on the watch. It's also nice when driving, even when listening to the game on the radio. A quick glance and I can see what the status is.

i am testing this, but i think that if you turn on notifications for things like game events in at bat, it should push to Wear. I just turned them on, and can try to report back tomorrow.

i am testing this, but i think that if you turn on notifications for things like game events in at bat, it should push to Wear. I just turned them on, and can try to report back tomorrow.

I know that works, but that has limits. If you ask for notifications for everything it can get a bit overwhelming with constant updates. If you ask for too little notifications, then you can't follow the game easily. Plus, with either way you only can get updates when the events happen. I want to be able to just glance when I have a second, see the score... see the innings, see the base runners.

What I might do sometimes is try to setup some sort of web scraping to get the data and push it through tasker to a watch face in WatchMaker.

I know that works, but that has limits. If you ask for notifications for everything it can get a bit overwhelming with constant updates. If you ask for too little notifications, then you can't follow the game easily. Plus, with either way you only can get updates when the events happen. I want to be able to just glance when I have a second, see the score... see the innings, see the base runners.

What I might do sometimes is try to setup some sort of web scraping to get the data and push it through tasker to a watch face in WatchMaker.

Since what you are asking for is more than the MLB app gives you on a phone widget, I don't think that you'll see it on Wear. Perhaps a different app.

I might have something on this. i tried to send a PM, but they are being weird for me today. Will circle back.

For anyone interested in a really good phone at a really good price.

DEAL: Nexus 6 Drops to $349 at Amazon ($150 Off) | Droid Life

Sounds like it's time for the new Nexus devices to come out. Hopefully they'll do another Nexus 7 or 8 (or 7.5!). The 2013 Nexus 7 is still maybe the 3rd best android tablet, and the 2 in front of it (the top of the line Dell and Samsung tablets) are currently priced around $350-400, and both those tablets are held back by the Android variant that Samsung and Dell throw on there. The Nexus 7 was $250 when it was released over 2 years ago. Guess I'll have to pick up an iPad mini whenever my Nexus 7 craps out.

With that said, what's the deal with Apple releasing a 13" tablet? Samsung did a 12 incher and it was a total flop. The Surface Pro 3 works at that size because it's really a laptop. And why would anyone buy an iPad Pro when they can get a 13 inch Macbook Air that for about the same price? I'm guessing sales will tank after all the sheep pick one up in the first month or 2.

Sounds like it's time for the new Nexus devices to come out. Hopefully they'll do another Nexus 7 or 8 (or 7.5!). The 2013 Nexus 7 is still maybe the 3rd best android tablet, and the 2 in front of it (the top of the line Dell and Samsung tablets) are currently priced around $350-400, and both those tablets are held back by the Android variant that Samsung and Dell throw on there. The Nexus 7 was $250 when it was released over 2 years ago. Guess I'll have to pick up an iPad mini whenever my Nexus 7 craps out.

With that said, what's the deal with Apple releasing a 13" tablet? Samsung did a 12 incher and it was a total flop. The Surface Pro 3 works at that size because it's really a laptop. And why would anyone buy an iPad Pro when they can get a 13 inch Macbook Air that for about the same price? I'm guessing sales will tank after all the sheep pick one up in the first month or 2.

My Nexus 7 is really nice, but the battery is toasted. It's the first model - is that a 2012 or 2013? I've read its not too difficult to change the battery and a new one is cheap.

My Nexus 7 is really nice, but the battery is toasted. It's the first model - is that a 2012 or 2013? I've read its not too difficult to change the battery and a new one is cheap.

The problem with the nexus 7s is that the chipsets don't seem to like Android 5+, IIRC.

I wouldn't be surprised at that. It's the way technology works.

I would buy another based on the experience with it. This is an Asus iirc, I don't know if that's who's still making them.

Someone posted a comic on twitter from 2012 where Apple copied the Surface years from then, and everyone called Apple brilliant.

The problem with the nexus 7s is that the chipsets don't seem to like Android 5+, IIRC.

Lollipop runs fine on my Nexus 7 2013.

I had the 2012 Nexus 7 until the 2013 version came out. The 2012 version's battery was already acting up when I sold it a year later.

I'm still pretty satisfied with the Nexus 7 2013. Like I said, there's still only a couple Android tablets out there that are superior it...which says a lot about how much the OEMs care about the tablet market.

Wearble screenshot, getting ready for SW7.

3d1fd8397e133f1895550bbc9ca7abfb.jpg

What are you using for design? Or is that just a Watch Face App?

I'm considering getting the Moto 360 - 2. I'd really prefer a square face. I have the Samsung Gear right now. But the bigger battery live of the Moto 2 is very tempting. But I think AMOLED screen use less battery and the Moto has a LCD screen too...

What are you using for design? Or is that just a Watch Face App?

I'm considering getting the Moto 360 - 2. I'd really prefer a square face. I have the Samsung Gear right now. But the bigger battery live of the Moto 2 is very tempting. But I think AMOLED screen use less battery and the Moto has a LCD screen too...

Its just the minimal and elegant watchface, with a magic background. The Falcon exhaust lining up was serendipitous. Its what I use most of the time.

If you have Android on any of our devices and also a Chromecast device, you can get 50% of a movie right now in the Play store.

I picked up a ZTE Max Pro the other day and the camera is wonderful. The rest of it operates like it should so I don't really have much to say on that end. I have gotten quite a few "look at the size of your phablet" comments though.

5 minutes ago, Biff Mayhem said:

I picked up a ZTE Max Pro the other day and the camera is wonderful. The rest of it operates like it should so I don't really have much to say on that end. I have gotten quite a few "look at the size of your phablet" comments though.

I have heard that they are pretty decent phones.  The gap is narrowing enough between mid tier and high end phones, that most laypeople won't notice much of a difference.  Especially those that tend to be 2 generations behind already.

8 minutes ago, Walt said:

I have heard that they are pretty decent phones.  The gap is narrowing enough between mid tier and high end phones, that most laypeople won't notice much of a difference.  Especially those that tend to be 2 generations behind already.

I'm admittedly a low end user. E-mail, social media and occasional pictures. I spent 100 bucks on a phone and I'm good.

Just now, Biff Mayhem said:

I'm admittedly a low end user. E-mail, social media and occasional pictures. I spent 100 bucks on a phone and I'm good.

There is definitely good bang for the buck there.  It is also easier when you don't know what you are missing.  as you climb up the ladder, the differences narrow, while the price widens.

Also of note, now that the Pixel is out, I am officially 2 generations behind.