Mschottey1985

2010 NFL Draft

Aaron Wilson (RavensInsider) on Twitter

A name to look for in the 2nd if the Lions were to draft Okung would be Linval Joseph.

No reason to draft Joseph. DT's that can play 0 technique have overinflated value this year. He is far from the 34th best player in this draft. Furthermore he brings nothing to the table that couldn't be found in Terrel Troupe that will be available in the third round.

wow. if you're a team that really has tebow that high on your board, do you pull the trigger in the top 10? do you trust your board and assume that at least some other teams have him that high, or do you trade down about 20 spots and hope your board is wrong and that you can take him there, where the rest of the non-nfl front office world seems to think his name begins to become a consideration?

not hating. just wondering if someone out there would so blatantly put his job on the line with a pick like that.

1. Kyle Wilson- He's one of the toughest press corners I've seen come out of college in a while. NFL Comparison: Al Harris

2. Joe Haden- Good solid corner with good ball skills. NFL comparison: Dunta Robinson

3. Patrick Robinson- Despite some lapses, has the best feet of any corner in the draft. Good solid size and speed. NFL comparison: Nate Clements

4. Kareem Jackson- Good corner, good tackler. NFL comparison: Marlin Jackson

5. Chris Cook- Corners with his skill and size and speed are always in high demand. NFL comparsion: Ike Taylor

6. Brandon Ghee- Great size/speed combination. NFL comparison: Chris Houston (sort of, not press guy like Houston)

7. Perrish Cox- Good talent, has had problems putting it to use on the football field. Risky type of guy. NFL comparsion: Adam Jones (Not as talented)

8. Akwasi Owusu-Ansah- Very good talent, has yet to face top compitition. NFL comparison: Richard Marshall

9. Dominique Franks- This is where the drop-off is for me. The rest of the guys are first/third round picks, Franks is fourth at best, but corners are always in demand. NFL comparison: Ashton Youboty

10. Javier Arenas- Great short area quickness gives him added value as punt returner, he's one of the best. Risky on an island, but he has terrific ball skills. NFL comparison: Unique

Told who? Who doesn't know about his concussions?

hmm..seems like we have a slight misunderstanding about how relevant they are and whether they should be factored in the decision of whether to draft him..remember that discussion..

hmm..seems like we have a slight misunderstanding about how relevant they are and whether they should be factored in the decision of whether to draft him..remember that discussion..

The only reason why he's available for the Lions in the 2nd is because of the concussions. If he's not fully healed, then that's another thing. Last I checked, we don't have that information.

Where have people been seeing OT Charles Brown projected? It seems as though he would be a reach at the top of the second round, but might not fall to the third. Just curious about him because he's one of the tackles the Lions have visited with, and I like the athleticism he could bring the the LT position. I wouldn't be against the idea of drafting him in Round 3 and keeping Backus around for another year while Brown learns the techniques of the position more.

Where have people been seeing OT Charles Brown projected? It seems as though he would be a reach at the top of the second round, but might not fall to the third. Just curious about him because he's one of the tackles the Lions have visited with, and I like the athleticism he could bring the the LT position. I wouldn't be against the idea of drafting him in Round 3 and keeping Backus around for another year while Brown learns the techniques of the position more.

I don't think there's any way he makes it out of the 2nd. Wouldn't be surprised if he went in the first. Latest I can see him go is mid 2nd.

I think he would be a solid second round pick for us.

I think Brown is likely to be gone before the Lions pick in round 2. Tackles go pretty quickly.

Take a CB in the 2nd - RB in the 3rd & maybe Veldheer will be there in the 4th.

Otherwise, wait till next year for an OT.

I agree. None of the OT's this year seem to be worth any high picks. I'd be willing to draft a project in the 4th round on.

Take a CB in the 2nd - RB in the 3rd & maybe Veldheer will be there in the 4th.

Otherwise, wait till next year for an OT.

Veldheer may not make it out of Round 1, he certainly won't be there in Round 3.

Veldheer may not make it out of Round 1' date=' he certainly won't be there in Round 3.[/quote']

Seem to be a lot of 1st round talent tackles in this draft, doesn't seem like they could all go round one though. Some of them have to fall, right?

The CB that would really intrigue me in the 2nd round (maybe even after a slight trade down) would be Chris Cook. He's got great size, and has an upside.

I agree. None of the OT's this year seem to be worth any high picks. I'd be willing to draft a project in the 4th round on.

Okung is worth it. He stoned Orakpo when they played each other, Orakpo had 11 sacks as a rookie, fair to call him a great pass rusher at any level. He is, to me, a safer pick than Suh...his knees worry me a lot and his technique won't transition well into the NFL IMO.