Mschottey1985

2010 NFL Draft

RB's aren't dependent on their offensive lines? :confused:

They are as well. But you can still get the running back carries with a bad offensive line. It is much tougher to get a receiver the ball.

I'd agree that CJ is the most talented WR in the league. The problem is that coming into this season there were about 5 or 6 guys that were just flat out better at the position.

He's been pretty good thus far in 2010 and maybe this will be the year that he really starts to consistently play to his extremely high potential.

Going into the season, Fitzgerald and Andre Johnson were considered the best at the position. But look at what has happened to Fitzgerald now that Warner is gone. His production has gone down quite a bit. Has he gotten worse as a player? Obviously not...it is just that his offense is a lot worse.

I don't think we know truly how good CJ can be because he has always been limited by playing for the Lions. That could change this year if Stafford gets it going.

Remember that Fitz is not 100% He was injured pretty badly in pre-season and has never gotten healthy.

One other factor is that CJ has always dropped a ton more balls than both Fitz and Johnson. That has nothing to do with team and system and is more about discipline, concentration, and consistency.

Remember that Fitz is not 100% He was injured pretty badly in pre-season and has never gotten healthy.

One other factor is that CJ has always dropped a ton more balls than both Fitz and Johnson. That has nothing to do with team and system and is more about discipline, concentration, and consistency.

There was a time when Fitzgerald would drop his fair share of easy passes. I know because he was on my fantasy team and I followed him closely.

Backus is closer to Thomas (more healthy, no knee issues) than Burleson is to CJ, or Best is to AP.

I agree with this and it is why I'd take CJ/AD over Thomas, for the Lions. They can draft a LT when Backus is washed up but he's OK for the time being.