63 Tiger

Denard Span guarantees a Twins win and calls Tigers chokers

In two previous starts, Porcello has not pitched well at the Metrodome, possibly contributing to the confidence of Twins outfielder Denard Span that "we're going to get the Tigers."

Porcello won't be intimidated by his latest pressure start | detnews.com | The Detroit News

Twins outfielder Denard Span called the Tigers chokers. He told the Minneapolis Star-Tribune after Sunday's games: "I don't want to say they've choked, but, yeah, they have choked.

Twins OF says Tigers choked | Detroit Free Press | Freep.com

Hope Porcello "Youks" Span. If for no reason other than Denard is a stupid name.

:)

After we have a big lead.

After we have a big lead.

First pitch he sees.

Make a statement. Take these Twinks off their game. It's time the Tigers get mad. Choke? You wanna see a choke, DENARD, choke on this fastball punk.

• From Jon Paul Morosi of Foxsports.com (and a Free Press alum): "If the Tigers are interested in preserving their integrity, Cabrera won't be in the lineup when the nation tunes in to see who will earn the right to face the New York Yankees."

• A Foxsports.com poll of more than 75,000 says 62% think the Twins will win.

• Another Foxsports.com poll of more than 40,000 says 64% think the Tigers should bench Cabrera. (No word on how many voters were from Minnesota.)

• From Jon Paul Morosi of Foxsports.com (and a Free Press alum): "If the Tigers are interested in preserving their integrity, Cabrera won't be in the lineup when the nation tunes in to see who will earn the right to face the New York Yankees."

• A Foxsports.com poll of more than 75,000 says 62% think the Twins will win.

• Another Foxsports.com poll of more than 40,000 says 64% think the Tigers should bench Cabrera. (No word on how many voters were from Minnesota.)

if they bench cabrerra, i'm benching the tigers. but they won't so no worries.

Hopefully this article is up in the Tigers clubhouse right now.

Do the Tigers even have the balls to react?

Sorry: you win 16 out of 20 games to catch us, you've proven you can talk smack....

He's right, but that's a monumentally stupid thing to say. He should've given his own team more credit than pointing out his opponent's failures. What is it about classless Minnesota outfielders? First T. Hunter, now Spann.

I can't wait till this season is over now.

Nothing good will come out of this last game. Even if we win.

What a sad turn of events.

I agree, this is a pretty crappy end of the season. With the Miggy news, us blowing a lead, and now having to go into the metrodump to complete the choke in front of the nation.

Edited by waffel

oh it's not that bad. you'll be screaming your *** off if miggy jacks a walkoff to beat the yanks in the alds.

Yeah, it's sad that I'm not as geeked about this game as I should be. But a World Series win would sure pep things up, and make us think about a multitude of sins.

I keep thinking of the 68 team. McLain was/is a slime, but that doesn't take away from the memories of that season.

Really?

Okay, see you in spring.

In Denard's defense, to say we've done anything but choke down the stretch would be a blatant fabrication

Oh, I agree. But he still deserves to be ear-holed.

Oh, I agree. But he still deserves to be ear-holed.

Problem is, he'd steal 2B get sacrificed to third, we'd walk Mauer and then Kubel would hit a gapper we're down 2-0.

Problem is, he'd steal 2B get sacrificed to third, we'd walk Mauer and then Kubel would hit a gapper we're down 2-0.

THIS.

In two previous starts, Porcello has not pitched well at the Metrodome, possibly contributing to the confidence of Twins outfielder Denard Span that "we're going to get the Tigers."

Twins outfielder Denard Span called the Tigers chokers. He told the Minneapolis Star-Tribune after Sunday's games: "I don't want to say they've choked, but, yeah, they have choked.

Twins OF says Tigers choked | Detroit Free Press | Freep.com

I have a feeling that Ron Gardenhire cringed when he saw (or heard) about that. This has been a classy team and management, and until now, no one to my knowledge has ever talked smack like this..

And no, don't hit Span. Rather, make him go hitless.