JOliver

Bondo, McClendon Suspended

Do we get to see these suspensions right now or do we have to wait until next year?

protest them, wait until next year, hope bondo is a starter and make him the #4 starter. its like he wasn't suspended. I don't really care what Legendary Lloyd does.

It's late Friday - does the league have a policy on when to answer the appeal? Is it only "business day" or "business hours" excluding weekends?

Bondo is appealing so if its an issue only handled between Monday - Friday during business hours then yea, it should kick in for next season.

Seriously, this is such a non-issue. Bonderman is appealing and is not a crucial member of the team right now, by any means. McClendon, even assuming that he is a good hitting coach, is not needed in the dugout.

And by next year, when Bonderman serves the suspension, a three game suspension is irrelevant. They could suspend the whole Twins team, and it wouldn't make a difference over the next three games.

I'm sick of baseball turning into such a wimpy sport. You throw at a guy on the other team you should expect it in return. Getting thrown inside or hit with pitches is part of the game as well. Everyone needs to grow up and quit acting like babies when a pitch hits them or almost does. It's part of the game.

The Bonderman suspension is a non-issue. If he appeals, he serves it next year when he is likely in the rotation, making the three days meaningless. If he doesn't appeal, then we have all the September call-ups we can use in his stead. I'm not even certain he pitches again this year anyways.

The only reason I can think why the Tigers seem to be getting harsher penalties than other teams is that the Tigers pissed off MLB regarding signing bonuses to draft picks.

The only reason I can think why the Tigers seem to be getting harsher penalties than other teams is that the Tigers pissed off MLB regarding signing bonuses to draft picks.

I doubt that.

Exactly. Just nonsense suspensions. Why don't they suspend the umpires for letting the game get out of control? Warnings should have been given the FIRST time Thames got thrown at.

McClendon being suspended can only help our offense score runs.

That was my first thought.

My second thought was Bonderman will have no trouble serving that suspension next season when he's in the rotation. He might be needed Saturday, though.

TinFoilHat.jpg

:wink:

Exactly. Just nonsense suspensions. Why don't they suspend the umpires for letting the game get out of control? Warnings should have been given the FIRST time Thames got thrown at.

Wasn't that a breaking ball?

The second one was definitely a breaking ball, the first one (that actually hit him) had a bit more steam behind it

Yes, the 2nd one looked like a curve that got away from Baker. Understandable, it happens. But he should have been warned when he hit Thames the 1st time, with a much harder pitch. It was as intentional as you can get. When Jose Mijares threw behind Everett, he would have been tossed, IF the umpires had control of the game. As it stands now, the Twins will have Mijares for this weekend. If he would have gotten tossed, would he have been suspended for 3 games? I doubt it. As for that umpire crew, they should all be fined and suspended. I sure hope they're not working either the Twin series or the Tiger series this weekend.

Lets not forget about the horrible call on Santiago tagging up. The officiating the past few series for Detroit has been horrible.

Lets not forget about the horrible call on Santiago tagging up. The officiating the past few series for Detroit has been horrible.

And the foul ball in the stands, off of a fans hand, off the screen and into Mauer's glove called an out. Who's the umpires for the Twins series this weekend, does anyone know?