Shinma

Adopt-a-Lion 2009 ***DRAFT THREAD***

It just dawned on my that my block is up. I'll take the closest thing our OL has to an anchor.

raiola_dominic.jpg

Biography

PRO: Raiola finished his eighth pro season in Detroit and his seventh as the starting center in 2008. He had played in every game for the Lions since being drafted in the second round (50th overall) of the 2001 NFL Draft and made 104 consecutive starts at center since the beginning of the 2002 season before a hand injury forced him to miss his first career game and start vs. Jacksonville (11/9/08). Among centers in the league, he had the second most consecutive starts (104) in the league behind Denver C Casey Wiegman (112) and Atlanta C Todd McClure (112) since 2001. In 2006, Raiola emerged as one of the most effective all-around centers in the league, especially with his ability to get outside and block on the perimeter and to get to the second level. Prior to 2005 season, he signed a five-year contract extension (March 13, 2005). In 2004, he centered an offensive line that developed into one of the top run-blocking lines in the NFL by the end of the season as the offensive line led the way for a rushing attack that ranked second in the NFL over the final seven games of the season.

Edited by djhutch

Jerome Felton RB/FB

Compares To: JEROME BETTIS-ex-Pittsburgh...Felton is much quicker than Bettis, but both display the powerful frame that allows them to break tackles and drag multiple defenders in attempts to gain additional yardage. Felton is a devastating scorer when near the goal line and has shown decent receiving skills out of the backfield. He might be a better fit in a one-back offense, but he has enough hip snap to play tailback and the upper body strength to play fullback, making him a valuable prospect due to his versatility.

jerome-felton.jpg

Well, heck. I'm a little torn because I want Stafford to do well and all, but I'm going to babysit Daunte Culpepper. He's been a good sport, said the right things when he has said anything, and he was solid in the preseason.

With my help, he can be the BEST at holding onto the clipboard.

I will take Turk McBride. I like the name Turk!

Tennessee+Titans+v+Kansas+City+Chiefs+B600KNUf8w_l.jpg

Turk McBride | #67 | DE

Height: 6-2 Weight: 278 Age: 24

Born: 5/30/1985 Camden , NJ

College: Tennessee

Experience: 3rd season

High School: Woodrow Wilson HS [Camden, NJ]

Edited by Jimmy D

Sorry for the delay (guess I didn't hurt anyone but myself). I will take Offensive Line Coach George Yarno.

Here's to continued success on the ground for the '09 lions.

Yarno_George.jpg