sportz4life

Tigers Acquire Aubrey Huff

It's hard to get excited about Huff's .725 OPS but they do need a LH bat and he's capable of getting really hot. Jacobson is a good prospect but he's a minor league reliever which means he is very not very projectable. It's a blah trade but could turn out good without a big risk.

If renting a player that hits as well as Maggs is this year ends up saving us $18MM next year, I'm all for it. If Magglio vests, I'd be surprised...

100% chance Magglio vests. This move is not about that in the least bit...

I'm not disagreeing with you, but I have my reservations about Huff. He's been bad this year. Then again, they're probably only going to play him against RH's and he has been very good against our division this year.

I don't mind giving up an unproven bullpen arm for anyone who might help you down the stretch.

That's my take. I'm not down on the move. I was just wondering why they'd do this when we have Larish. I am thinking the organization is through with him.

what happens when he faces Carl Pavano then??????

Cats and dogs will live together.

Hate this. I really like Jacobson. Blah trade. He is just a rp arm, but one I thought could really make some noise. So from a trade standpoint of value it was good, but I can't help think that Jacobson perhaps would be of more value to this franchise after this season than Huff. Huff better hit then it will be worth it. Of course Jacobson would have to make the bigs first, but I believe that is not too far away, most likely next year.

Huff is what he is. With Satterwhite hurt, Jacobson gone so much for the RP corps draft of 08. At least anytime soon,other than maybe Weinhardt.

& Perry

well, against CWS this season 9-27 3 2b 2 hr 5 rbi

v. MIN 2-5 1 2b 1 hr 2 rbi 2 bb

v. KC 10-32 2 2b 1 HR 6 rbi 3 bb

hope he can keep up those numbers

It's hard to get excited about Huff's .725 OPS but they do need a LH bat and he's capable of getting really hot. Jacobson is a good prospect but he's a minor league reliever which means he is very not very projectable. It's a blah trade but could turn out good without a big risk.

+1

Decent trade, didn't cost a lot but Huff needs to start picking it up. I think this move could end up being better than the Sean Casey move though.

I'd be shocked if the Tigers offer him arbitration.

8 million this year...are you serious?

People here constantly complain about clutch hitting

his clutch stats (this season)

with men on - .317 avg .919 ops

with RISP - .324 avg .925 ops

Decent trade, didn't cost a lot but Huff needs to start picking it up. I think this move could end up being better than the Sean Casey move though.

It's a similar move, but I think Huff has more upside than Casey did at that time. I would rank it far ahead of Matt Stairs as well...

What about Larish? Does this mean the organization is done with him? What does Huff do what Larish couldn't do?

Hit major league pitching

According to some Eddie Bajek dude, dude is still an "A" free agent after this year, so maybe a good deal?

Rankings 081609

Doesn't really matter since he will accept arbitration if the Tigers offer it.

This could be a trade of Jacobson for a first and a supplemental first. I'll take that.

With Satterwhite hurt, Jacobson gone so much for the RP corps draft of 08. At least anytime soon,other than maybe Weinhardt.

Satterwhite is healthy again. I saw him pitch yesterday for Erie. He looked good, but his command was a little rough. Not surprising since it was his first appearance since returning from the DL. Anyway, Perry is already in the big leagues and Weinhardt, Green, Stohr, and Gayhart are all having good seasons, so I'm not too upset about losing Jacobson.

He's this year's Sean Casey.

except his OPS (even in a down year) is still a lot higher than Sean's and Sean Casey had more than 10 less RBI at the END of that season than Huff has now.