sportz4life

Tigers Acquire Aubrey Huff

So we just acquired a left-handed Magglio Ordonez? Is this a good thing?

I guess it's possible that he gets hot.

What does Huff do what Larish couldn't do?

Hit a baseball at the Major League level.

Does this speak to the fact that we're trading from our one strength in the minors (bullpen depth)? Do they think more highly of Weinhardt and Satterwhite thus making Jacobson expendable. Two minor league slaps on mlive are saying that we overpaid.

Ok so does that mean they are done with Larish? He's not a "yoot" anymore.

I think Larish could have put up 2009 Aubrey Huff numbers.

Hit.

Larish's numbers are better than Huff's this year.

The hope is that Huff will turn it around because he's done it before.

Even with the down year he is having, he is still OPSing 767 against RHP. His OBA compared to his AVG is relatively in line with what he has done before. His BABIP is down 20 points from is career average, so bad luck could be depressing his numbers a bit as well.

I think Raburn is the one being sent down. I don't think Huff is back with the team next year, so Larish could still have a future with the team in 2010 (unless they decide that Guillen is the DH next year, which is a very strong possibility).

Hate this. I really like Jacobson. Blah trade. He is just a rp arm, but one I thought could really make some noise. So from a trade standpoint of value it was good, but I can't help think that Jacobson perhaps would be of more value to this franchise after this season than Huff. Huff better hit then it will be worth it. Of course Jacobson would have to make the bigs first, but I believe that is not too far away, most likely next year.

Huff is what he is. With Satterwhite hurt, Jacobson gone so much for the RP corps draft of 08. At least anytime soon,other than maybe Weinhardt.

Edited by Bondo

Larish's numbers are better than Huff's this year.

The hope is that Huff will turn it around because he's done it before.

Larish has only 90 PA and it's debatable whether he is having a better year or not. For the stretch run, I'd rather count on a veteran with a track record than an unproven Larish who hasn't shown much promise at the big league level.

I'll bet Huff gets up for us.

At least they're trying. I like it.

We've still got Satterwhite, Perry, and Weinhardt for the long haul. I'm happy.

Larish has only 90 PA and it's debatable whether he is having a better year or not. For the stretch run, I'd rather count on a veteran with a track record than an unproven Larish who hasn't shown much promise at the big league level.

I'm not disagreeing with you, but I have my reservations about Huff. He's been bad this year. Then again, they're probably only going to play him against RH's and he has been very good against our division this year.

I don't mind giving up an unproven bullpen arm for anyone who might help you down the stretch.

Huff does have more RBI's than any Tiger this year. It's a move that had to be made. Maybe the pennant race will get him going more...

.725 ops...not good.

eh, a .912 ops last season. I guess its worth hoping he can get hot. We couldnt have done much better in a waiver wire trade IMO.

Huff=72 rbi's

Cabrera=70.

Huff can move Clete's Left handed bat out of the 3rd slot (where apparently Jimmy wants a LHB). Now we can have either Guillen or Huff 3rd and still have a dependable RBI guy backing up Cabs.

Huff=72 rbi's

Cabrera=70.

Huff can move Clete's Left handed bat out of the 3rd slot (where apparently Jimmy wants a LHB). Now we can have either Guillen or Huff 3rd and still have a dependable RBI guy backing up Cabs.

Clete Thomas' reign of terror is over! (Not really, I just love saying that)...

If renting a player that hits as well as Maggs is this year ends up saving us $18MM next year, I'm all for it. If Magglio vests, I'd be surprised...