MrStrunz

Germain Dye

We need to get this Tiger killer next year...doesn't sound too thrilled that Rios is on the team....

SEATTLE - Jermaine Dye doesn't know what the future holds for him after the White Sox claimed Alex Rios on waivers from Toronto."

"It's a shock," said Dye, who was informed of the Rios claim by manager Ozzie Guillen. Dye and the Sox have a mutual option for 2010, but Dye hopes the addition of Rios doesn't affect his desire to stay with the Sox.

Dye thought at some point he would talk to general manager Ken Williams abouit his future. Dye said he was happy that the Sox acquired a player of Rios' talent but that he and his teammates were shocked.

"I remember from the spring training I've been here," said Scott Podsednik, another potential free agent. "The goal is to get to the World Series. Anything short is a disappointment."

" ... I don't think anyone here is thinking about playing time."

Dye, designated hitter Jim Thome, and pitchers Jose Contreras and Octavio Dotel can become free agents after this season.

Edited by MrStrunz
mispell

Epic fail. For the misspelling of his name, which is written right in that article you quoted.

How did you mispelll the nname that was qouted write in the article? I hope the Tigres get Germainne Die tho becuz he is a good hitter and we culd use another bat in the outfield. If the Tigres get someown that can hit better than Ordoniez in the outfield we could won the devesion much easier than this yaewr.

Thats the only way to get someone to respond to a post.See it works doesn't it?

No. Every other thread is working as evidence against you.

Personally, I have always sucked at math...if it were not for my love of baseball and its statistics, I would have never graduated.

:pirate:

On the bright side however, millions of Americans can't spell...

at least those who can't are no longer a minority.:grin:

God bless America...and..Jermany.

Thats the only way to get someone to respond to a post.See it works doesn't it?

Nice cover up....:wink:

As far as Germain, I'd definitely take him, but I'm sure if he does opt for FA, he'll be getting his fair share of offers from teams around the league. More or less meaning, somebody is going to throw tons of money at him, but most likely not us.

I'd rather DD not invest in an aging right handed hitter like Germaine Die...

The whole idea of it just reeks of Magglio and Sheff.

Whatever money is available for free agent hitters/position players (in my oppinion)would be better spent on a few of any in the group of Marco Scutaro, Matt Holliday, Chone Figgins, Aubrey Huff, or Jason Bay.

Actually there really isn't any one player i'd be jumping with joy for the Tigers to sign this coming off season. What a poor free agent class it will be...:cry:

I must resentfully tip my hat to Kenny Williams for the deals he's made this year...if not so much for this year, the White Sox are sending a message to our division regarding next year.

First Peavy, now Rios.

I think i'm gonna hurl.

I would much rather that the Tigers go after to Adam Done.

I'm so dunn with speculating the pausibilities of wishing we cudighi bee speculating the idea that the Tigers could go to after Adam Done.

This teem definitely neads to acquire a big bat...i'm affraid if any one DD after goes it wood more likely be Aubrey Hough. That's not too encouraging considering the lack of offense he's produced this season.

In any event, if it is poosable the Tigers could get Done, I hope DD gets her dunn.

No kidding....This is turning into Mlive.

Ah, I think folks is just joshing you more than anything. I don't sense any real malice. That's one of the things that sucks about posting a thread -- you can't go back and change your misteaks. I've pulled a few boners like that myself.

Epic fail. For the misspelling of his name, which is written right in that article you quoted.

Now is that really germane? :ponder:

Or was it Germaine?

l10.jpg

Ah, I think folks is just joshing you more than anything. I don't sense any real malice. That's one of the things that sucks about posting a thread -- you can't go back and change your misteaks. I've pulled a few boners like that myself.

Pulled a few boners, ey?:ponder::speech::embar:

Threads like this are why I love this board so much.....:laugh::devious:

Your own or those of others?