Sign in to follow this  
JOliver

The 'Stache....

Wait, why are mustaches being grown again?

Because Teddy Roosevelt, Nietzsche, and Rollie Fingers are telling you to do so.

The best part about little freshmen females is that you keep getting older, but they stay the same age.

Seriously, here I am in April or May, counting off the reasons the Tigers will go all the way this season:

4587_560842220560_2905695_32876549_7180900_n.jpg

This was back when I was trimming it regularly, going for what my grandmother calls the "Clarke Gable" look. But I've found that the longer the stache gets, the bigger the Tigers' lead in the standings gets.

Um, Is that like an ironic stache? Crazy kids.

I reserve all my irony for Timberwolf, jake, and Tyrus. That picture was taken when I was keeping it close.

Options:

1. Keep the beard & my wife speaks to me.

2. Trim to a stache and she doesn't

that's a .05 second decision

he's kinda got a Randy Marsh thing going on.

4587_560842220560_2905695_32876549_7180900_n.jpg

Randy-Marsh-Workout-256x256.png

certainly not Clark Gable

clark_gable.jpg

unless we're talking about a guy named Clark Gable who is a plumber

super-mario-brothers-adj.jpg

Options:

1. Keep the beard & my wife speaks to me.

2. Trim to a stache and she doesn't

that's a .05 second decision

You could get this published: "How To Get Your Wife To Shut Her Yap."

Google is my friend, never mind. OK I am onboard. I have been growing mine on and off all year, along with a goatee. The goat is gone, and I am done trimming it.

Rock on Binge!

I see now that this is not a thread about Jack Morris. But that can be changed: how about a campaign on behalf of J-Mo's Hall of Fame candidacy, wherein Tiger fans "Grow a 'Stache for Jack"?

I see now that this is not a thread about Jack Morris. But that can be changed: how about a campaign on behalf of J-Mo's Hall of Fame candidacy, wherein Tiger fans "Grow a 'Stache for Jack"?

No, because then I'd have to shave mine, lest anyone think that I support Jack Morris' candidacy for the Hall of Fame.

Former UN Ambassador John Bolton has a great stache too.

Has anyone ever noticed how many people there are who look like John Bolton? Next time you see one, point it out to your friends and make a joke about throwing staplers. (Of course, this only works if your friends enjoy obscure political references from 2005.)

Times change...35 years ago, every college guy in North America would have loved to be able to do that Sam Elliott look, and the girls would have approved. I had a moustache for a while - my wife didn't like it, but I kept it anyway. Then I had a full beard for a while, but I shaved it off about 10 years ago because it was a lot whiter than the hair on my head. I'm thinking about going back to it and letting my hair go a bit longer again, sort of the "aging hippie" look. Not necessarily before the World Series though.

After tonight NOW can we get a few more on board with the 'stache???

I just shaved today and the 'stache is coming in nicely.

Come on boys (no girls represent the 'stache please.)

No, because then I'd have to shave mine, lest anyone think that I support Jack Morris' candidacy for the Hall of Fame.

Ha ha, agree with that. Jack Morris was in Toronto last week and taped an interview with the local all-sports radio station. The interviewer played it a couple of days later and introduced it by saying something along the lines of "Here's an interview with someone who I think was...yes I definitely think I can say that he was the most miserable human being that it was ever my misfortune to deal with. However, last Friday he was very generous, friendly and accomodating to the media, POSSIBLY BECAUSE HE'S TRYING TO GET INTO THE HALL OF FAME?? Here's my interview with Jack Morris."

Times change...35 years ago, every college guy in North America would have loved to be able to do that Sam Elliott look, and the girls would have approved.

This is true. We all went through the stache phase. I eventually got rid of mine because it made me look like an Iranian terrorist. But the stache always comes back into style and the chicks will approve even if they think they won't.

The friends are giving me ish about the 'stache and the "soul patch" but the 'stache is coming along nicely.

They say before the World Series it should be full. We shall see. I'm going to post pictures soon!

I shaved everything but the stache last night and realized that without all the rest of the scruff, I have a pretty legit, 1/2 inch hangtime handlebar mustache. And lo and behold, the Tigers shut out the unbeatable Red Sox.