I just adopted a Husky Puppy, and I've done everything for him but name him. It's a big decision and as much as I've tried, no names have stuck out to me, and I just haven't been able to settle on a name. If anyone has any suggestions, let me know. He's part Siberian Husky, part Collie, but definitely mostly Husky. He's a little undersized so he's not going to get as big as a typical Husky, but he won't be a small dog. I'm not sure if any of this helps name him, but anyway...any cool suggetions? I want something original.

Here he is:

1248547165781069.jpg

What does he look like?

Your dog is a Danny Boy.

Boris or Duke

A quick story about a dog named Duke. We had a neighbor that had an unruly beagle named Duke. He sent it to obedience school to get the dog trained so it wouldn't run away. A friend and I(we were 10-11) were at his house when the dog was delivered back to him. The trainer opened his truck door and Duke took off running like hell. The neighbor guy(probably 35 or so at the time) yelled "Duke, Duke, DUKE, you son of a btch get back here! DUUUUUUUKE! Jesus Christ! 50 bucks shot to hell!"

Mine seems to think she is on the SWAT Team this weekend. Wants to attack anyone she doesn't know. Forget time out with a pet. Immediate attention is required to insure who is in control! First time I got a growl out of her she found herself choke slammed into a soft carpet. Never happened again. But it is more than physical. That puppy will read your demeanor and understand much more than a scold. I don't know if it is scent or chemical, but the pet can read you better than a friend can.

I would never use this on the pet's "property" because the rules comletely change to protection mode. My mother would never take her evcening walks without a cane for protection becauls of a lsarge Chow and Lab roaming the neighborhood. I demonstrated how body language and eye contact could keep them at bay. They wouldn't even bark. I don't know where this is leadiing me.....

Name him something he will come to, make it a short word so he will recignize his name and it's not a pain to say 10,000 times.

My wife is a dog trainer and her recomendations are.....

Dudley

Kota

Kodi

Skye

Me, I like Skoll.....and Skye.....

Name him something he will come to, .....
I've taught mine to come to GET BACK HERE YOU #$%@*& OF A %^!!)+%!!!!!

As a tribute to my mom who named her dog this, how about Aloysius P. McGillicuddy? Call him Wishy for short. It's a fun-sounding name that dogs dig.

Auggie was my granddad's and uncle's name.I think that would be a cool name for a dog.

I wish I had seen a thread like this year ago. My dad, grandpa and great-grandpa were all named Augustine, with my dad especially being called Auggie for short. But even though I was the eldest son, I was named Mike instead. Naming the family dog that we had for 18 years Auggie IV could have kept our family tradition alive!

I'd go with either Mush, Zeus, Odin, or **** head !

my friend named his kid Odin...