MotownRandy

3 C's...Revisited

Here is an article from ESPN.com about Nesterovic signing with the Spurs:

http://espn.go.com/nba/columns/stein_marc/1580887.html

Now, it seems that the Wolves are missing out on everybody that they wanted this offseason. What will they do now? Kevin Garnett has to be upset about the situation so maybe he will really want to leave now. It might be time for the Pistons to finally make their move. Offer The Twolves Cliff, Corliss, and Chucky for Kevin Garnett. This way, they relieve themselves of Garnetts contract and replace him with 3 guys capable of starting. The Pistons would be taking on a huge contract, but they may be able to do it by getting rid of those 3 guys. We could even throw in a first round draft pick. Maybe the 8 hours I am sitting in this office are causing me to dream, but it seems to make some sense. Let me know what you think. I know you are interested JonBenke!

Well, you'd have to match salaries -- first off.

If you could swing a three team deal, where we offer up some draft picks, along with Chucky, Corliss, and Cliff -- then possibly, the deal could be done. Who is a player who is making a rediculous amount this year, like Juwan Howard for the past -- you find a player like that -- then we can talk.

LATER

True Jon, I posted this without researching the salary situation because I don't have the time or patience right now(sitting thru the first 8 hours of my work day anticipating the next 5+ of work afterwards is uncomfortable enough...I need to get off this damn computer!) so I dont know how it would work out. I just figured that the 3 c's are all contributors at positions that the TWolves need. So in that sense, it is logical. If we can make it work financially then it could be a possibility.

Minnesota

C Cliff Robinson

PF Joe Smith

SF Corliss Williamson

SG Wally Szcerbiak

PG Chucky Atkins

??????

Maybe not a playoff team, but still decent enough considering you lose possibly the best player in the league. If you get a draft pick out of it then that works pretty good too. Modifications are welcome.

There's no way Minnesota would take 3 role players for possibly the best player in the league. They don't need a PG either. They already have Sam Cassell and Troy Hudson who are both better than Chucky.

As a two team deal KG is nearly impossible to get.

He makes 28M this year, the last year in his historic deal.

The only way to even get in the same ballpark salarywise as them would to do a sign and trade after giving Rip a max contract.

Forget trading for him, just sign him outright next offseason if we can create the space or do a sign and trade next offseason.

Kevin Garnett

Wait till next summer!

One of his best friends is Chauncey Billups. I think Detroit needs to make a trade, so where they have enough cap space -- to sign Kevin Garnett. In the NBA, TODAY - you come into the league, get your 3 year deal, and you work that -- so you can get PAID in the second contract. Well, Garnett got paid -- and it was well worth it. I think next year, he'll wanna go where he has a chance to win -- for YEARS to come. He'll get paid well, don't get me wrong -- just not as much.

G. Chauncy Billups

G. Richard Hamilton

C. Ben Wallace

F. Darko Millicic

F. Kevin Garnett

I'd love to have that -- for the next TEN YEARS!

Ok, I forgot about the Cassell trade, so I apologize for that oversight. But the reality is that the Pistons cannot just wait and sign him because they have to get rid of salary first. There will be no cap room to just pick up KG. That's why they may try to trade. In fact, don't be surprised if it is a sign and trade when they acquire him via free agency.

As a rebuttle to my original post here is a link stating that the Wolves just signed Michael Olowakandi:

http://espn.go.com/nba/news/2003/0715/1581145.html

So they are not in deep crap afterall...