Sign in to follow this  
pfife

Fedorov scammed for 43 Million?

I'm sorry, but someone defrauds you of $43 M, it's your own damn fault. Spend the money and hire an accountant or professional financial advising firm, rather than trusting all your money to some guy in flashy clothes and a nice car.

I'm sorry, but someone defrauds you of $43 M, it's your own damn fault. Spend the money and hire an accountant or professional financial advising firm, rather than trusting all your money to some guy in flashy clothes and a nice car.

The guy seemed to be a professional financial advisor, had a stable of clients (many of whom are now suing him). But I agree Fedorov has to blame himself to a large extent. Don't put all your eggs in one basket, spread your money around with different institutions or funds. And insist upon quarterly updates in writing, which Fedorov didn't.

That is exactly what he did it appears....and all the people who put money in Madoff.

I know someone who got $300,000 from an aunt in 1993. He was 24 years old. He invested it with a guy we played poker with. Didn't really know the guy but it was "solid".

That money's long gone. It's really hurting him now because he realizes if he'd just invested in conservatively and left it alone he'd probably be looking at having a million bucks. Not a bad way to enter your 40's.

I just read one of the little "fact" boxes about Fedorov in the paper and they referred to the 1997-1998 contract situation as a "hold out". Big pet peeve of mine. He didn't have a contract. A hold out is when you have to be there but want something else. He had no obligation to the team at that point beause he didn't have a contract. It was as much their fault as Fedorov.

That is exactly what he did it appears....and all the people who put money in Madoff.

Because investing with Bernie became a "fashion" not a wise investment choice. People got off on telling others that they were invested with him. It was a status symbol. That's a brilliant con man that pulls that off.

I just read one of the little "fact" boxes about Fedorov in the paper and they referred to the 1997-1998 contract situation as a "hold out". Big pet peeve of mine. He didn't have a contract. A hold out is when you have to be there but want something else. He had no obligation to the team at that point beause he didn't have a contract. It was as much their fault as Fedorov.

+1, I hate when I see that crap in regards to him as well.

Good to see Federov invested his money in the same manner in which he played..... serious lack of consistent effort

Hated him as a player wasting all that talent but hate to see him get robbed

Good to see Federov invested his money in the same manner in which he played..... serious lack of consistent effort

Hated him as a player wasting all that talent but hate to see him get robbed

That's ignorant Wasting talent? He was one of the best players in the game and could play defense as well as offense. 3 cups in Detroit just isn't enough eh? Why? Because he was flaky? How many other Wings have won the Hart Trophy in the last 40 years? Oh, he won the Selke trophy the same year he scored 120 points. Oh, and he led the team in playoff scoring several times.

Yeah, what a waste. He sucked.

That's ignorant Wasting talent? He was one of the best players in the game and could play defense as well as offense. 3 cups in Detroit just isn't enough eh? Why? Because he was flaky? How many other Wings have won the Hart Trophy in the last 40 years? Oh, he won the Selke trophy the same year he scored 120 points. Oh, and he led the team in playoff scoring several times.

Totally agree. Fedorov didn't waste his talent. He was an elite player for several years, and right up there with Yzerman and Lidstrom as the most important player in that era that scored 3 Cups. Maybe he never reached the same peaks he did in his Hart trophy year, but if so that's not unusual at all - it's called a "career year". Did Gretzky waste his talent by never after his 3rd NHL season scoring 90 goals again?

Sergei Federov is one of the most maligned sports figures in my memory. The guy was flat out a ridiculous hockey player and without him, the Wings aren't one of the most dominant franchises of the last 15 years.

Where did I say he sucked? I didnt, I said he was a waste of talent.

He was one of the greatest talents the NHL has seen when he decided he wanted to play, but did he play hard consistently every night? If you answer that honestly then yes, he was a waste of talent.

Red Wing management originally brought Larionov and Fetisov in because Federov looked up to them hoping to influence him in a positive manner. Having to bring in veteran players to try and get more effort out of a player says waste of talent.

Great players never take a night off. You never saw Yzerman float around the ice uninterested. Messier, Konstantinov, Chelios, Lidstrom, etc never disappeared for several games at a time like Federov did- hence the difference between Great and Waste of Talent.

Federov played 20 years in the NHL and had 483 goals, 696 assists - imagine how great he had been if he played hard every night instead of coasting for weeks at a time because he was a flaky, temperamental waste of talent. Hell a 15 year old Anna Kournikova got more effort out of Federov than the Detroit Red Wings ever did.

I detest him for wasting such a gift.

Where did I say he sucked? I didnt, I said he was a waste of talent.

He was one of the greatest talents the NHL has seen when he decided he wanted to play, but did he play hard consistently every night? If you answer that honestly then yes, he was a waste of talent.

Red Wing management originally brought Larionov and Fetisov in because Federov looked up to them hoping to influence him in a positive manner. Having to bring in veteran players to try and get more effort out of a player says waste of talent.

Great players never take a night off. You never saw Yzerman float around the ice uninterested. Messier, Konstantinov, Chelios, Lidstrom, etc never disappeared for several games at a time like Federov did- hence the difference between Great and Waste of Talent.

Federov played 20 years in the NHL and had 483 goals, 696 assists - imagine how great he had been if he played hard every night instead of coasting for weeks at a time because he was a flaky, temperamental waste of talent. Hell a 15 year old Anna Kournikova got more effort out of Federov than the Detroit Red Wings ever did.

I detest him for wasting such a gift.

Awwww, Sergei signed with Anaheim and hurt your wittle feewings.....poor baby. Get over it. Without that guy - no cups in 97, 98 or 2002.

Awwww, Sergei signed with Anaheim and hurt your wittle feewings.....poor baby. Get over it. Without that guy - no cups in 97, 98 or 2002.

Believe its spelled little and feelings, keep plugging away on those hooked up phonetics DVDs kiddo, you'll figure it out eventually.

Sergei leaving for the Ducks was one of the best things to happen to the Wings - what has he done since he left? One decent season, six seasons of 4th line quality of play.

Wings would have won those three Cups without him, he was a luxury when he decided to play hard.

Who peed on your rug?

Believe its spelled little and feelings, keep plugging away on those hooked up phonetics DVDs kiddo, you'll figure it out eventually.

Sergei leaving for the Ducks was one of the best things to happen to the Wings - what has he done since he left? One decent season, six seasons of 4th line quality of play.

Wings would have won those three Cups without him, he was a luxury when he decided to play hard.

Pretty hypocritical to criticize someone's spelling when you just spelled FEDOROV's name incorrectly about 3 dozen times in your last post.

Pretty hypocritical to criticize someone's spelling when you just spelled FEDOROV's name incorrectly about 3 dozen times in your last post.

Not only that, but it seems fairly obvious to me that the words in question were intentionally misspelled so as to sound like a little child for effect.

The Fedorov situation sounds like God's way of telling Sergei he has too much money.

Presuming there is a supreme being, I personally doubt s/he cares one whit about how much money Sergei Fedorov has. I have to imagine there are more important and pressing issues on his/her plate. Not only that, God really wants to transfer wealth from Fedorov to a scam artist?

Presuming there is a supreme being, I personally doubt s/he cares one whit about how much money Sergei Fedorov has. I have to imagine there are more important and pressing issues on his/her plate. Not only that, God really wants to transfer wealth from Fedorov to a scam artist?

Wouldnt a scam artist be better than an adult who dates 14-15 year old tennis players?

Wouldnt a scam artist be better than an adult who dates 14-15 year old tennis players?

She wasn't 14 when they were together. She was 18 or 19.

Edited by lesgoblu02

She wasn't 14 when they were together. She was 18 or 19.

And that was 10 years ago. God must believe lessons need to be taught well after the fact...

What did God think about all the people who married 14-15 year olds for the past 30 odd centuries?