According to ESPN, we have found our "replacement" for McDyess.

NBA free agents: The Detroit Pistons sign Chris Wilcox - ESPN

Cap space is now pretty much gone. This is our roster as of right now, I believe.

PG-Stuckey, Bynum

SG-Hamilton, Gordon, Washington

SF-Prince, Daye, Summers (3/4)

PF- Charlie V., Maxiell, Jerekbo

C- Brown, Wilcox

-Obviously, there will be some interchanging of the positions. But, that is our roster. A 3rd PG and signing Ben Wallace to the vet minimum is all that is left to fill out the roster barring a much needed trade for a big man.

Just for some perspective on this signing... he played 13 minutes a game for the Knicks last year and 19 minutes a game for OKC. He was a second big man off the bench on lottery teams.

We cannot under any circumstances have him or Kwame Brown as our starting center next year. Another move must be coming. At least, I hope it is.

I love it. I've always been a Wilcox supporter. I'm not the biggest fan of his defensive game but I think he can be a real asset on the offensive side. No playoff experience worries me. Still, count me in as one who likes this signing.

That's not a bad roster.

It might get us in the playoffs as a 7 or 8 seed before getting swept by the Cavs or Celtics or Magic.

...what part of those numbers speaks to you...

The Seattle #'s.

I'll take the 13.5 points on 52+ Pct. shooting and 7.5 rebounds and 1+ assists in 30 minutes...

The Seattle #'s.

I'll take the 13.5 points on 52+ Pct. shooting and 7.5 rebounds and 1+ assists in 30 minutes...

I agree, Oklahoma City is an awful team and with guys like Durant and Green a similar size to Wilcox it's hard to involve 6'9-6'9-6'10 all on the court at the same time.

I like it. He was solid the last few years when he was getting regular burn in Seattle. Last year his playing time was all over the place, but he did have a few stretches where he played regularly and did well.

If nothing else, he's young, athletic, and can score and rebound inside.

It's a real bad roster..if you plan on winning anyting.

What would you have done this year?

I guess for 3 million this is not that bad. But, he should not warrant more than 10 to 15 minutes a night. And, we wasted the majority of the cap space we could have used in a trade to acquire him. He can rebound fairly well, dunk and do a hand stand. Other than that, he doesn't bring much. His offensive game is mostly a mess and he struggles defensively.

Looking at the salaries, we basically traded Amir Johnson for Chris Wilcox.

LOL. . .

Wilcox Hollinger Player Profile (ESPN site) -

Most similar at age: Rasheed Wallace

LOL. . .

Wilcox Hollinger Player Profile (ESPN site) -

Most similar at age: Rasheed Wallace

Words cannot describe how bad of a comparison that is.

What would you have done this year?

Well..hard to say without knowing what I could have traded for..and unless Joe Dumars is going to divulge who was available it's hard to say.

The Pistons roster issues are a product of years of gross roster mismangament and putrid drafting. 2009 isn't their issue..20004-2009 is their issue.

They have a roster in trasition and a flawed collection of talent..they have 11MM invested in a 32 year old shooitng guard they dont need..11MM in a SF who is 74 in NBA years..and plays like it..and by the way..after teams watch him play the first 3 months of this year..he will have zero trade value..

Their front line plays defense two Vegas strippers ..

Kwame Brown, CV/Wilcox/Maxiel/Jerebko/Summers..I can hear frontcouts across the NBA discussing the fear in their hearts now.

Toss in another rookie coach..and you may have been better off with me than you were with the current GM..

Playoffs..they will struggle to win 35. I can't wait to see how many empty seats are in the Palace when they play Memephis in February.

Well..hard to say without knowing what I could have traded for..and unless Joe Dumars is going to divulge who was available it's hard to say.

The Pistons roster issues are a product of years of gross roster mismangament and putrid drafting. 2009 isn't their issue..20004-2009 is their issue.

They have a roster in trasition and a flawed collection of talent..they have 11MM invested in a 32 year old shooitng guard they dont need..11MM in a SF who is 74 in NBA years..and plays like it..and by the way..after teams watch him play the first 3 months of this year..he will have zero trade value..

Their front line plays defense two Vegas strippers ..

Kwame Brown, CV/Wilcox/Maxiel/Jerebko/Summers..I can hear frontcouts across the NBA discussing the fear in their hearts now.

Toss in another rookie coach..and you may have been better off with me than you were with the current GM..

Playoffs..they will struggle to win 35. I can't wait to see how many empty seats are in the Palace when they play Memephis in February.

Good post. Although, I still think we might make the playoffs. I could see us battling it out with Toronto and Chicago for the 7th and 8th seed. Of course, if that were to happen, I would just rather see us go into the lottery and hope to strike gold with the lottery pick.

Well, something tells me there are going to be a lot of 115-104 losses in our future. However, it seems to me like Dumars is just amassing as much talent as he can get his hands on. The roster doesn't really have any stiffs on it, and most of the players are quite young. A lot of interesting, moveable pieces that may be attractive to other teams in the future.

Well, something tells me there are going to be a lot of 115-104 losses in our future. However, it seems to me like Dumars is just amassing as much talent as he can get his hands on. The roster doesn't really have any stiffs on it, and most of the players are quite young. A lot of interesting, moveable pieces that may be attractive to other teams in the future.

Seems to me, after Gordon and CV, he's trying to landscape the house with new thin and weak sapplings and the last remaining sickly bushes from the sale bin..