so this is, what? 5 coaches in 8 years? Carlisle, Brown, Flip, Curry, New Guy.

Big deal. I was excited when they fired Flip, and look what that got us? The time to get excited/upset is when they name a replacement.

Big deal. I was excited when they fired Flip, and look what that got us? The time to get excited/upset is when they name a replacement.

Would you be more excited if they kept Curry?

I'm heading out for beers even earlier today. Time to celebrate!

I'm guessing it's Laimbeer. He must have known something was up when he resigned from the Shock a few weeks ago.

Pistons fire Curry after one season

By Adrian Wojnarowski, Yahoo! Sports

20 minutes ago

After failing to gain the respect of his players and refusing to reconcile with a disgruntled star, the Detroit Pistons fired Michael Curry as coach on Tuesday.

No replacement has been hired, but a Pistons source believes that one-time Detroit coach Doug Collins could be the favorite for the job.

Pistons general manager Joe Dumars had been considering a change for several weeks, sources say, and ultimately let go of Curry after concluding he couldn’t recover the locker room. Curry had a deteriorating relationship with All-Star Richard Hamilton, whom he benched at times in favor of Allen Iverson.

Curry clashed with several of Pistons veterans and never gained their trust or respect. He had been an assistant coach for one season before Dumars promoted him as Flip Saunders’ replacement last June.

Under Curry, the Pistons finished eighth in the Eastern Conference and were swept in the opening round of the playoffs. The team has more than $20 million in salary-cap space this summer and will be active in free agency.

Collins coached Dumars with the Pistons from 1995-97, and has been out of coaching since the Washington Wizards fired him in 2003.

Hm..

Holy crap I didn't see this coming.

It's gotta be Laimbeer.

I'd be so pissed off if it's Bill. They need to go to either a proven HC or somebody Joe see as an up and comer with experience coaching in this league, also preferably more than one year to avoid situations like Mike Curry signing.

Im tossing Thibideau out there. Sadly, no way they would hire a coach with no HC experience now. Even though I think Thibideau will be excellent as a head coach.

We fire our coach every other year it seems so I am not surprised at all. Curry was not a good coach. But, this doesn't mean that much unless we hire a good coach to replace him.

Im tossing Thibideau out there. Sadly, no way they would hire a coach with no HC experience now. Even though I think Thibideau will be excellent as a head coach.

I like it. Probably not going to happen, but he will be a good one.

We have already hired our coach, imo. Not sure who it is, but Joe D. has someone lined up.

97.1 just reminded me of someone I bring up every time we change coaches. Rudy T. I know he says he doesn't want to coach, but its worth the phone call.

Hm..

I thought Joe did not get along with Doug Collins when Collins coached here 15 years ago. At the very least, Joe had a front row seat to that spectacular flame-out.

97.1 just reminded me of someone I bring up every time we change coaches. Rudy T. I know he says he doesn't want to coach, but its worth the phone call.

I would not be disappointed with Rudy T.

I don't know if his health is strong enough to enable him to coach again, though.