Tone that rhetoric down a peg . He's struggling right now but this is over the top.

No, I really don't care to tone it down. It's absurd. Leyland is flat out stupid for continuing to bring him in when it matters. This is a contending team and you can't keep pissing away Ws against great teams on the road by bringing in some loser RP that throws fast. I'm just flat out tired of his crap.

No, I really don't care to tone it down. It's absurd. Leyland is flat out stupid for continuing to bring him in when it matters. This is a contending team and you can't keep pissing away Ws against great teams on the road by bringing in some loser RP that throws fast. I'm just flat out tired of his crap.

Leyland is hardly a moron for bringing him in in the 7th inning. If you have a guy on the roster you have to expect some kind of results.

I've had a lot of hate for Leyland over the years but I'm not going to blame him for this.

My guess is that he had guys that he really trusted Zumaya wouldn't see the field in those situations.

I am so tired of watching him pitch in a Tiger uniform....ball, ball, strike, double

ball, ball, strike, ball, ball............ball, single..............ball, ball, ball, strike, HR

Trade him and let him watch those gun readings for some other team

Leyland is hardly a moron for bringing him in in the 7th inning. If you have a guy on the roster you have to expect some kind of results.

I've had a lot of hate for Leyland over the years but I'm not going to blame him for this.

Who's to blame then? Obviously, Zumaya, but it seems like he's done more harm in close games, than good, yet Leyland still throws him out there.

Like some have already said, his role as a setup guy should be put on hold for a bit. DL, Toledo, come out of the bullpen any time other than close games, anything.....just don't continue to send this guy out there & watch him ruin games.

He is certainly partly to blame.

* The Yankees mash power pitchers to an OPS+ of 141.

* Lefties hit for an OPS 0f .944 against Zumaya

* Yankee Stadium is perfectly built for a left handed hitter with that short porch in right field.

* He was at least going to face left handed hitters, Johnny Damon and Mark Teixera (who each mash right handed pitching).

-The result was not surprising. Leyland put Zumaya in a position to fail and he did just that.

He's blown like 4 games in the last month. I was at a Cubs and Royals game where he gave up HR, the Houston game, and now tonight.

He needs to go. This team has so much dead weight now.

I wonder how far his stock has plummeted in the last year. Being injury prone hasn't really helped either.

Who's to blame then? Obviously, Zumaya, but it seems like he's done more harm in close games, than good, yet Leyland still throws him out there.

Like some have already said, his role as a setup guy should be put on hold for a bit. DL, Toledo, come out of the bullpen any time other than close games, anything.....just don't continue to send this guy out there & watch him ruin games.

Zumaya, and to a lesser extent, whoever it is making the decision of who is getting called up from or sent down to the minors.

Can we all finally agree that Zumaya is NOT one of the top 10 relievers in baseball?

He is certainly partly to blame.

* The Yankees mash power pitchers to an OPS+ of 141.

* Lefties hit for an OPS 0f .944 against Zumaya

* Yankee Stadium is perfectly built for a left handed hitter with that short porch in right field.

* He was at least going to face left handed hitters, Johnny Damon and Mark Teixera (who each mash right handed pitching).

-The result was not surprising. Leyland put Zumaya in a position to fail and he did just that.

So, another inning of Ni? Bobby Seay? I would have been fine with that but again, if the guy can't even be trusted to pitch the 7th inning, why is he on the team?

So, another inning of Ni? Bobby Seay? I would have been fine with that but again, if the guy can't even be trusted to pitch the 7th inning, why is he on the team?

Joel brings in the white trash fanbase

Sort of like Darren McCarty and the Red Wings

Joel brings in the white trash fanbase

Sort of like Darren McCarty and the Red Wings

Freddy Dolsi is on the 25 man roster. It's not like there are a bunch of other options.

With the lefties the Yankees have, Seay should have got some work. Lyon and Miner are also a better option against the Yankees. It is all about matchups and this is not a series that favors Zumaya.

Can we all finally agree that Zumaya is NOT one of the top 10 relievers in baseball?

Who suggested that? You could make the argument that he was in 2006, but not in the last 3 years.

Zumaya, and to a lesser extent, whoever it is making the decision of who is getting called up from or sent down to the minors.

But in no way the manager who keeps sending Zumaya out there in close games even though he continues to blow games that at least seem like we could win had he not been brought in......yeah, I guess that makes sense......:confused:

But in no way the manager who keeps sending Zumaya out there in close games even though he continues to blow games that at least seem like we could win had he not been brought in......yeah, I guess that makes sense......:confused:

Damned if he does, damned if he doesn't. Any person he'd have put in that situation, you'd have bitched if said person gives up the lead.

Losses like this always seem to separate those who know anything about baseball and those who just parrot whatever is being said on sports talk radio.

Who suggested that? You could make the argument that he was in 2006, but not in the last 3 years.

Scottwood, meed Mr. ILoveMakingUpMyOwnArguments.

Scottwood, meed Mr. ILoveMakingUpMyOwnArguments.

Hey! I think it was suggested Mr. Bigglesworth = Mr. ILoveMakingMyOwnArguments earlier today...:cheeky:

Hey! I think it was suggested Mr. Bigglesworth = Mr. ILoveMakingMyOwnArguments earlier today...:cheeky:

One more and you are officially eligible to start a club..since you two are among my favoirte posters..and everyone knows I run towards any argument..where the heck do I sign!!

Damned if he does, damned if he doesn't. Any person he'd have put in that situation, you'd have bitched if said person gives up the lead.

Losses like this always seem to separate those who know anything about baseball and those who just parrot whatever is being said on sports talk radio.

Wouldn't have been happy either way, but when it starts to become a reoccurring theme with a guy, it becomes more of an issue. It has nothing to do with what's being said on sports radio, it's pretty much common sense. Do you put a guy in there who has given up leads in close games, or do you go with someone else in a close game? Tough choice.....

Brandon Lyon? Bobby Seay?

Both have pitched significantly better than Zumaya of late. Honestly, Leyland allowing Zumaya to blow as many games as he has is just indicative of his stubborn tendancy to stick with his favorites, whether they are performing or not.