A not so quick personal experience with the legend himself from last week.

Cheli's Chicago Wolves were here for two games. In Thursday night's game, he was getting quite a bit of grief from the fans in attendance. A lady on the glass next to their bench had a mug shot photo of Chelios and another sign that said, "Way to be a role model Chelios". After the first period ended, their was a meeting at center ice between the officials, Chelios, and one of the Rampage captains to discuss a penalty called right before the period ended. Now, during intermissions, several of us STH's go down the stairs to the lower bar area. As we were walking down the stairs, one of the younger guys and a member of the resident hecklers (Rampage Rowdies), was giving it to Chelios pretty good as he was skating off the ice. He wasn't cursing just ribbing him pretty good. Then he dropped the DUI bomb. Chelios turned and stared him down as he skated off the ice for a good 10 seconds.

Fast Forward to midway through the second period, a ATT Center security guard comes into the stands where this kid sits and proceeds to file an "official report". Apparently, Chelios complained to his coach, who in turn, complained to security that this fan was interfering with his abilities to coach his players. I looked down at the lady sitting on the glass...no pictures. Apparently, security removed those as well.

I always respected Chelios as a hockey player. I hated him in Chicago, but learned to like him as a Red Wing. That respect is gone. I'm sure I will get blasted for this, but I don't care. He's a whiney little *****. You'd think he had heard just about every insult one could think of. But bring up a DUI, and watch out!

F him.

Edited to add: He didn't play friday because he was "woozy" from an elbow he took in the 3rd thursday. IMO, the Wolves new he was going to get run because our enforcer got a 3 gamer out of it.

Small suggestion..avoid 48 year old men who can ride an excercise bike for 60 minutes full speed in a sauna..I'm guessing you would look like a squirrel who was hit by an SUV if he decided to get upset..plus he can afford a much more expensive attorney than you.

Small suggestion..avoid 48 year old men who can ride an excercise bike for 60 minutes full speed in a sauna..I'm guessing you would look like a squirrel who was hit by an SUV if he decided to get upset..plus he can afford a much more expensive attorney than you.

I agree "Oh wise one.":grin:

Considering all the good and bad portrayed here, and I won't argue there were some bad, but in any case (I'll take the bad), I'd still like to be in his shoes for a couple days, in Montreal, Chicago, Japan or the Olympics venues, Detroit, or anywhere else.

Job well done Cheli.

This is the first time I read this thread. Wow. I am frankly amazed that skyguy52 wasn't released.

In any event, wasn't too keen on his chili, he was a great player who played a crazy long time. Lots of people in and out of the game did not like him as a player the first 1/2 to 3/4 of his career.

The DUI is unfortunate and luckily no one was hurt. I hope it is dealt with appropriately.

I agree Mr.Bigglesworth .... so I will apologize (far too long in doing so) to all for what probably seemed,at the time at least, like a very obnoxious, even drunken (it was), uncalled for rant, back in June and July, which I now regret. I should have done this sooner, but I didn't ... probably because I honestly don't remember much about having done it. I only recently came back to this thread and after reviewing some of the earlier comments, mine included, (WOW was that me?!) I must admit it was a bad scene (I admit I was under the influence). And then when another comment appeared from someone who recently viewed this thread, callingit "Bizarre" ... well, I have to correct things the best I can ... so I'll say it again .... to those I may have offended, "Sincerely Sorry!" Hopefully we can move on and write it off to some bad happs --- We all make mistakes, right? Guess Cheli made one too with the DUI. I'm certain he'll recover. Didn't know it till I read the thread today. Peace to all!

Edited by skyguy52