Sign in to follow this  
redshark63

Nieves K record broken - fastest to 100

I just read that when Chris Davis just struck out his 100th time in 219 at-bats, that he broke the record of 235 AB set by Melvin Nieves w/ the Tigers in 1997.

Striking out that much boggles the mind while still getting at-bats from your manager!

Edited by redshark63
97 not 87

I'm definitely in agreement. I know as his "fantasy manager," I dropped him many weeks ago as there was just no improvement.

And my regards to my fellow Tiger fans who remember enduring Melvin Nieves AB's back in '96 and '97. Better days have arrived.

Well the K's can be acceptable if there is other production there. But when he's hitting under .200 with those 200+ AB's that's the question of why he's still there. Smoak just needs to skip 4 levels and be up.

Well the K's can be acceptable if there is other production there. But when he's hitting under .200 with those 200+ AB's that's the question of why he's still there. Smoak just needs to skip 4 levels and be up.

Exactly. If the dude had 26 HRs and 100 Ks than that may be worth it. But I,too, have dropped Davis in a couple leagues.

Exactly. If the dude had 26 HRs and 100 Ks than that may be worth it. But I,too, have dropped Davis in a couple leagues.

Don't forget his paltry 14 walks as well.

At least a player like Rob Deer walked a bit.

Even Mark Reynolds has 32 k's this year.