Shinma

2009 Red Wings off-season thread.

Chicago could lose several players because of a clerical blunder?

Sources: NHL and NHLPA investigating Blackhawks over offers

ources tell TSN the NHL and the NHLPA are investigating what might have been an enormous mistake by the Chicago Blackhawks.

Chicago tendered qualifying offers to several key players this week, including Kris Versteeg, Cam Barker, Ben Eager, Colin Fraser, Aaron Johnson and Troy Brouwer, however the investigation underway is to determiner whether the qualifying offers were filed correctly.

If not, there is the remote possibility the qualifying offers could be ruled invalid and the players listed above, conceivably, could be deemed unrestricted free agents because of the blunder.

There are few details, but one source says the players involved didn't receive the necessary notification of the offers.

The National Hockey League is in the process of trying to determine whether the situation was remedied in time.

Chicago general manager Dale Tallon says the qualifying offers were mailed to the players in time, on June 29th, but says because of the July 1 holiday, some of the players didn't receive them in time.

Tallon says fax copies of the offers were sent to the league, so he doesn't anticipate any significant fall out.

Hmmm, Kris Versteeg might look in a Wings uniform........Could they get him for 2.5 to 3 ???

YES!

I liked Sammy. Thought he played pretty well for us. Not a lot to complain about - they did win a Cup and get within a game of another one with the guy in the lineup. He's not worth 2.5 a year, but he came up with some pretty big playoff goals.

Darren Dreger of TSN says Hossa is close to signing in Chicago. Incredible.

They are gonna have a tough time keeping Toews, Kane, and Keith now though. Not sure why they'd do this.

haha, I just realized this was the #81st post of the topic. Nice work :)

Wings have also signed Jeremy Williams and Kris Newbury. Pretty much minor fodder.

NHL.com - Players: Kris Newbury, Red Wings - Stats

NHL.com - Players: Jeremy Williams, Red Wings - Stats

For what its worth: someone on another board said Williams was supposed to be the "next Brett Hull" when he first came about. And that all he can do is score. Also a few Leafs fans weren't happy that he wasn't resigned/given a chance in the NHL.

Edited by drownwithyou

I may be playing some hockey with Hudler tomorrow. Apparently my friends in El Segudno have ice time and he's supposed to play too according to my friend. I'm trying to butt my way onto the ice, or at least go and watch/hopefully meet him. My friend said last week he played with some Czech guy from the Blue Jackets. I really hope this happens.

I may be playing some hockey with Hudler tomorrow. Apparently my friends in El Segudno have ice time and he's supposed to play too according to my friend. I'm trying to butt my way onto the ice, or at least go and watch/hopefully meet him. My friend said last week he played with some Czech guy from the Blue Jackets. I really hope this happens.

Is he trying out for the Gulls?