Shinma

6/2. Stanley Cup Finals. Game 3. Red Wings @ Penguins. 8:00 pm, Versus/CBC.

It did really hurt to lose that game 5 last year. It'd be great to win one in Detroit for once.

Was exactly one year ago tonight. Was a long flight back to Vancouver for me the next morning. Got back from the Joe at 2 or 3 in the morning, had to be at the Sarnia airport at 6:30am, transfered at the Toronto airport in a terminal with sun streaming in that tortured my tired eyes.

Was exactly one year ago tonight. Was a long flight back to Vancouver for me the next morning. Got back from the Joe at 2 or 3 in the morning, had to be at the Sarnia airport at 6:30am, transfered at the Toronto airport in a terminal with sun streaming in that tortured my tired eyes.

Ah man. I feel your pain there. I've had some extremely early and miserable flights as well. At least you were sober enough to make it through customs. HAHA

This lose just ensures that the Red Wings won't have to celebrate winning the cup on the opponents ice. Wings win it all in game 5.

You have far more faith then I do that the refs won't stick another .... better stop.

Wings up 2-1 over the officials.

Blocked shots tonight: Pittsburgh 12, Detroit 5

Hits: Pittsburgh 35, Detroit 17

If the Wings led in those categories after a victory, we'd be lionizing them and laughing at the opponent's fans for blaming the officiating.

If the Wings led in those categories after a victory, we'd be lionizing them and laughing at the opponent's fans for blaming the officiating.

2 power play goals on two **** calls.

You see it your way, I'll see it mine.

This is correct. Detroit deserved to lose this game. The fact that they were tied deep into the 3rd period is astounding, IMO. Game 4 pressure is still mostly on the Pens to prove that they can sustain that level of play for more than a single game. Tonight's game proved that even if they can repeat their game 3 performance -- where they essentially won by a single goal -- it still might not be enough to beat Detroit.

Detroit did not play all that well. They weren't hitting near enough and they didn't have that killer instinct that they usually have. That does not take away the fact that the Penguins cannot win a game against a 75% effort from the Red Wings without some **** calls to go their way. Maybe Detroit didn't deserve to win, but Pittsburgh does not win this game either without a lot of help. They aren't very impressive, sure, they can score when on the powerplay because they are highly skilled, but that doesn't impress me. They aren't a Stanley Cup team and people should quit acting like they are or trying to convince everyone to believe and help them become one.

We didn't play really well, and the Penguins definitely did enough to deserve the win.

That said... it's UNBELIEVABLY frustrating to leave that too many men penalty out on the ice. You never know what we would have done with an extra power play. What a ridiculously inexcusable mistake by the refs.

2.jpg

"Stick with me kid and you just might find yourself with a huge TV deal one day"

I will rarely if ever get into ref bashing. Usually for every 'bad call' for one team there is an equal offense the other way.

But...today is different. I did not see the "too many men", but thats a huge miss while the powerplays have become so rare and pivotal in this series. Inexcuasable, thats a no brainer and there is no interpretation needed. 6 players is 6 players, period end of story. Refs blew that one.

The 3rd period penalty on Ericsson was a bad call also. For all the refs have been allowing, (cross check to Franzens head one example) that seemed quite bad at that time in the game. Consistency is the goal here. Watch any Wing dump and chase the puck into Pitt zone behind Todd Gill and see how Gill interferes. Letting that go is fine, but don't whistle Ericsson for the same.

I 'saluted' the refs when that call was made and immediately thought it was an attempt to see Pitt win the game. Which did happen. I know thats homer thinking, but I am a homer.

Win game 4 and march on!

Popular posts on message boards all over NHL land

"The refs lost us this game."

"I usually don't say this but the refs lost us this game."

"It wasn't the reason we lost, but the refs ...."

"I've never ever blamed the refs for losing us a game, but the refs lost us this game."

Popular posts on message boards all over NHL land

"The refs lost us this game."

"I usually don't say this but the refs lost us this game."

"It wasn't the reason we lost, but the refs ...."

"I've never ever blame the refs for losing us a game, but the refs lost us this game."

Those posts sure are annoying too. Refs make bad calls, that's part of the job description. The even more annoying posts are the "that would be a penalty on us, but never is on them" type. It comes across very whiny to me. We chastise the other team for complaining, and acknowledge the Wings for being such a professional group that doesn't whine at all, then turn around ourselves and whine up a storm. It's tough to read in my humble opinion.

Those posts sure are annoying too. Refs make bad calls, that's part of the job description. The even more annoying posts are the "that would be a penalty on us, but never is on them" type. It comes across very whiny to me. We chastise the other team for complaining, and acknowledge the Wings for being such a professional group that doesn't whine at all, then turn around ourselves and whine up a storm. It's tough to read in my humble opinion.

You don't think if one of the Wings broke his stick cross-checking a pen in open ice with no puck around it wouldn't be called? The fans would throw a ****-fit and the refs would be shamed into making the call.

Although I never blamed the loss on the refs, I still have the right to ***** about it because its absolutely ridiculous how inconsistent the refs are.

Also, the fans don't play for the organization. Its the finals. Cut them some slack.

2 power play goals on two **** calls.

You see it your way, I'll see it mine.

Does not change the fact the Red Wings have been awful and killing off penalties these entire playoffs.

Does not change the fact the Red Wings have been awful and killing off penalties these entire playoffs.

All season for that matter. How can a team so talented be so horrible on the killing penalties?

All season for that matter. How can a team so talented be so horrible on the killing penalties?

And on occasions during their streak of 12 straight games allowing a PP goal, or whatever the number was, it seemed unfair because they had killed off most of a penalty comfortably before giving up a goal late in the PP. Not so in Game 3. Leading to the game-winning goal, the Pens controlled the puck for a minute to minute and a half.

I don't like the way they kill. They don't pressure the point nearly enough. Their stickwork and body work is superb but they basically allow plays to develop because they just don't seem to get enough pressure.

I don't like the way they kill. They don't pressure the point nearly enough. Their stickwork and body work is superb but they basically allow plays to develop because they just don't seem to get enough pressure.

I agree 100%. Good PK teams pressure the puck all the way around the perimiter. They may give up more clear shots, but they have to rely on the goalie in that situation. And a goalie is much more likely to stop a clear shot than a shot from the blue line with 7 guys standing in his way.