Shinma

6/2. Stanley Cup Finals. Game 3. Red Wings @ Penguins. 8:00 pm, Versus/CBC.

I thought that was the Wings best game so far. What a great game.

Did you see the third period? We got dominated for probably 17 minutes of it? If that was the best game we've played so far, we're screwed.

Geez, stop it with the refs already. They are pretty much letting them play. That is good, the pace of that game was great.

But they weren't letting the Red Wings play. Do you seriously think that the style the red wings play warrants a holding penalty and an interference? Detroit would seriously have a powerplay for 56+ minutes per game those types of calls went both ways. I am the first guy to acknowledge when it's a good call when it is, but this was by far a the worst called game in the series so far.

Geez, stop it with the refs already. They are pretty much letting them play. That is good, the pace of that game was great.

I thought the refs blew one call, the result was a game winning goal. That call is never made in a game in which they are "letting them play." I'm sorry, but I have a problem when the officials effect the outcome of the game by making a bad call. For the most part, they have done a great job this series, but one bad call does ruin that.

Anyway, not a big deal. Pittsburgh HAD to respond and they did, and they barely squeaked out a victory. As long as they continue to shut down Crosby and Malkin they'll be successful.

Awesome.

Not comfortable at all with this series now.

We have no energy (and I'm guessing that won't get any better on Thursday), we can't get the line matchups with the home ice...we're going to have to win this in games 5 and 7.

Eh, I don't feel too bad. That was Pittsburgh's must-win game, and they played like it. I think Detroit will win Thursday, but it's no gimme for sure. Good to see our super stars finally get on track.

Yeah, the refs didn't win or lose this game. The Wings weathered the storm in the 1st, they made their 14-4 push in the 2nd and the Pens hung on, then a desperate team pushed back 9-2 in the 3rd and got the goal they needed to stay in the series. Not unusual at all for a Game 3.

But they weren't letting the Red Wings play. Do you seriously think that the style the red wings play warrants a holding penalty and an interference? Detroit would seriously have a powerplay for 56+ minutes per game if it was even. I am the first guy to acknowledge when it's a good call when it is, but this was by far a the worst called game in the series so far.

Or was it just the game with the most penalties? Sure the call on Ericsson was weak, but the refs don't put the puck in the net dude.

Or was it just the game with the most penalties? Sure the call on Ericsson was weak, but the refs don't put the puck in the net dude.

But power plays take away offensive time for the wings and give it to the penguins. In a normal game or probably in a series tied 1-1 already, the Penguins should get called for at least 3 more penalties and the Red Wings 2 of 3 fewer. That would give the Red wings 6 more even strength minutes, take away two penguins goals and give themselves 4-6 minutes in the Penguins zone. Seems like that could be a game changer.

The only really egregiously bad call was the too-many-men infraction the refs missed. That lead to the Wings taking a penalty, which Pitt scored on. The interference call sucked, not because it wasn't interference -- it was --- but because they hadn't called it on similar plays this series. But whatever. The refs didn't lose this game for Detroit, the Pens just won it.

Did you see the third period? We got dominated for probably 17 minutes of it? If that was the best game we've played so far, we're screwed.

Wow, give the Penguins some credit. They are a great team. The Wings just can't wave their hands and win. They got gassed in the middle part of the third period, but other than that, they were terrific tonight, but the Penguins were a bit better. A sweep? I don't expect that. I really enjoyed that game tonight, the final result sucked, but wow...........

Even if you guys are nervous (and I guess we should be), do you really think these Wings are going to lose 3 more times? Including a hypothetical game 7 at home?

Detroit weathered the storm tonight and played pretty well (through 40 minutes at least) in a must win game in a hostile building in the finals. I'm pretty pleased with their effort.

I thought the refs blew one call, the result was a game winning goal. That call is never made in a game in which they are "letting them play." I'm sorry, but I have a problem when the officials effect the outcome of the game by making a bad call. For the most part, they have done a great job this series, but one bad call does ruin that.

It was a bad call. But penalties sometimes come from one team pressuring the other. And it's not like a PP is an automatic goal, it gives you a 1 in 4 or 1 in 5 chance of scoring, that's all.

Really, given the flow of play these 3 games, would the Wings really have deserved to be up 3-0? 2-1 sounds right. Pittsburgh seems like a tougher opponent than Columbus, not as tough as Anaheim, about the same as Chicago.

But power plays take away offensive time for the wings and give it to the penguins. In a normal game or probably in a series tied 1-1 already, the Penguins should get called for at least 3 more penalties and the Red Wings 2 of 3 fewer. That would give the Red wings 6 more even strength minutes, take away two penguins goals and give themselves 4-6 minutes in the Penguins zone. Seems like that could be a game changer.

The game isn't dictated by a higher power or a machine, these are people. People are not 100% spot on and always perfect.

Blaming the refs/focusing on officiating takes all the blame away from the Wings. They aren't perfect, and they are going to lose from time to time whether it actually be from a bad call or a bad break or whatever.

Really, I see the reason you guys complain about the calls so much is because the Wings' PK has been decidedly average. Pittsburgh is a pretty high skilled team, if they get chances they're going to bury them from time to time.

about the same as Chicago.

about as tough as Chicago with Huet, not as good as Chicago with Khabibulen

Its highly unlikely that the Wings lose four out of five.

Not worried at all.

Wow, give the Penguins some credit. They are a great team. The Wings just can't wave their hands and win. They got gassed in the middle part of the third period, but other than that, they were terrific tonight, but the Penguins were a bit better. A sweep? I don't expect that. I really enjoyed that game tonight, the final result sucked, but wow...........

No argument there, the Pens are a good team, they outplayed the Wings for the majority of the third and a substantial part of the first. That right there is why I was unimpressed with the Wings effort tonight. They were outplayed by a team that is at best almost as good as the Wings. We looked flat for most of the game.

It was a bad call. But penalties sometimes come from one team pressuring the other. And it's not like a PP is an automatic goal, it gives you a 1 in 4 or 1 in 5 chance of scoring, that's all.

Really, given the flow of play these 3 games, would the Wings really have deserved to be up 3-0? 2-1 sounds right. Pittsburgh seems like a tougher opponent than Columbus, not as tough as Anaheim, about the same as Chicago.

No argument here either, I wouldn't say I'm happy with being up 2-1, but I'm not too disapointed either. In my opinion we have to give a substantially better effort if we expect to win Game 4. I don't like the call, but you are correct, it doesn't give a goal to the Pens, but it does certainly help them.

The game isn't dictated by a higher power or a machine, these are people. People are not 100% spot on and always perfect.

Really, I see the reason you guys complain about the calls so much is because the Wings' PK has been decidedly average. Pittsburgh is a pretty high skilled team, if they get chances they're going to bury them from time to time.

Missing calls like elbows to the head, checks from behind, too many men, and calling a couple week interference or holding calls when those could honestly be made 10 times per period are not excusable and if they are just "human error" then every single official in the league should be fired immediately.

The calls like the trip with the stick between the legs or a stick that explodes on a weak slash are believable. Certain plays you can understand that a ref might have a poor angle and miss one, I do it watching on TV all the time, but I don't miss those type of calls that I first mentioned. No ordinary hockey fan does either.

No argument there, the Pens are a good team, they outplayed the Wings for the majority of the third and a substantial part of the first. That right there is why I was unimpressed with the Wings effort tonight. They were outplayed by a team that is at best almost as good as the Wings. We looked flat for most of the game.

No argument here either, I wouldn't say I'm happy with being up 2-1, but I'm not too disapointed either. In my opinion we have to give a substantially better effort if we expect to win Game 4. I don't like the call, but you are correct, it doesn't give a goal to the Pens, but it does certainly help them.

Come down off the ledge, the Wings are still up 2-1

Didn't expect to win tonight, but I was really hoping we'd pull one out. Hopefully they aren't getting too tired, its going to be a long series I think...

I don't know, dude. I thought the effort was solid -- they just lost. Sometimes you play well and lose.

This lose just ensures that the Red Wings won't have to celebrate winning the cup on the opponents ice. Wings win it all in game 5.

This lose just ensures that the Red Wings won't have to celebrate winning the cup on the opponents ice. Wings win it all in game 5.

It did really hurt to lose that game 5 last year. It'd be great to win one in Detroit for once.

Come down off the ledge, the Wings are still up 2-1

I'm not on the ledge, I'm still quite confident we win this series, but I'd like to see a couple things;

A) I'd like to see the Wings give a better effort in game 4. Put more pressure on them. It's hard to win when you only play in the spurts of the 1st and 3rd, and turn it on in the 2nd.

B) If the refs are going to "let them play," and they have for the most part, keep doing it.

In the end, the Pens outplayed us, they won, we still need 2 more.