Sign in to follow this  
Evenings with Ernie

Nets over Lakers in six

That's my prediciton. I happen to think that intellect-wise, New Jersey is actually better than Sacramento. I also think McCullough isn't as dumb as Vlade as far as making the most ludicrous fouls ever seen. He might get in foul trouble, but I think he'll stay on the floor. I think Sacramento should have beaten LA, but they play so stupidly and tentatively at times that they gave away the series. The Nets don't have those type of players. I don't see Kittles, Kidd, and Van Horn losing themselves in the moment very often, and look for Kenyon Martin to guard Kobe for stretches of time. I really think this Nets team is for real, and I think the Lakers are VERY good, but they can be beaten, and will be.

Once again, we disagree!

First it was Big Ben, now its on the Nets (lack of a) chance.

No way, no way, no way.

Unless Shaq has a heart attack and dies on the floor, MacCullogh will get his ass beat out there.

Kidd is great, but not enough.

Sorry, Lakers in five.

I'm not going to necessarily predict a Nets victory, although I don't feel it's out of the realm of reason.

However, I'd like to think the Nets will surprise some people.

They're a decent team, who could have rolled over and played dead after they blew that game where they had a 20+ point lead going into the fourth quarter.

That gives me reason to believe that they have some intestinal fortitude as a team also.

I'll be curious to see if the refs will be equitable, or if they will allow Shaq to commit assault without even calling a foul on him.

OH what the hell.

Time to be ridiculously optomistic.

Nets in 7.

Guest E.J. Smith

Wow, I hope you guys are right. Man for man, the Nets are the deeper team. However, I just can't see Todd MacCollough (sp?) shutting down Shaq. Also, Keith Van Horn needs to show-up for the Nets to have any chance.

Prediction?: Lakers in 6.

Wish?: I'm wrong.

I don't think that McCullough will shut down Shaq either, but when Vlade wasn't in there, because of foul trouble, Shaq went nuts. You need a big body in there banging with Shaq or else he WILL dunk on you every time.

If the Lakers win, Pat Riley cashes in.

He trademarked the "Three-Peat" slogan and made some dough when Chicago won their pair of three peats. He donates the proceeds to charity.

Originally posted by MotorCityOrangeman

Unfortunately, Lakers in 4.

agreed, I was hoping the Nets would at least make them work

This mismatch is ridiculous. Shaq is having his way with the entire Nets team. Jason Kidd can't carry the entire team against the multi-pronged attack the Lakers throw at them. I hope the Nets come back, but I don't see it happening.

i watched all the playoff gets in the conference final but after the lakers beat the kings i cant stand watching shaq he plays the ugliest basketball i ve every seen

SHAQ.

My earlier prediction of Lakers in five may hold true, but I think it needs revision.

Lakers SWEEP.

Shaq is just too tough.