Shinma

5/22. West Conference Finals. Red Wings @ Blackhawks. Game 3. 8:00pm, Versus.

they did blow the lead, and it was 2-0 after one

I stand corrected..my bad.. it just seems like it

Lidstrom broke his stick, Ericsson was tired at end of shift. They were no match on the rebound.

Not surprising when a D-man is tossed in the first for a completely clean hit.

Interested of course in Datsyuk's status for Game 2.

I can't fault the Wings on the night, but wish they had played with a bit more urgency in the 3rd period. The young Hawks were reeling.

Hawks go with Huet for Game 3?

By the way, it was a blown assignment by Samuelsson on the OT goal.

I'm just saying.

nah man not trying to make you look bad :)

no problem..

listen to Bettman..BS!!! The officials sucked in this game..

WOW!!! 0-93 when losing by 3-0

By the way, it was a blown assignment by Samuelsson on the OT goal.

I'm just saying.

I don't think you can blame Samuelsson for the loss tonight, but missing an assignment at that juncture is pretty indefensible.

Quenneville on the Kronwall hit: "I thought it was the right call".

Babcock coming up. He may feel differently.

Babcock: "Let's be honest, we had to stitch Stuart, he wasn't ready for the 3rd, Byfuglien sticked him and we never got the call".

"I'd be shocked if the league took further action against Kronwall. I'd be absolutely shocked".

Babcock: "Let's be honest, they tried their best to move Khabibulin early in the year but it didn't happen"

I think Babcock was trying to say that Huet is a 1st string goalie, but it could sound like a dig at Khabibulin.

Babcock on Datsyuk: "He's day to day".

watched the game at the bar, couldn't hear the announcers clearly on Vs. - but that Kronwall call almost got me chucked from the bar - I was swearing at the top of my lungs.

But think of this. The Wings had to play more than half the first period shorthanded - without Datsyuk, with only 5 defensemen for most of the game and it still took them till overtime to win.

I'm not worried - as long as they are allowed to play.

By the way, what do you think the last think Havlat remembers is? I can assure you it has nothing to do with the game itself - he probably doesn't even remember getting dressed for the game. He was out cold before he hit the ice. Nothing like seeing someone out cold with their eyes open, is there?

I had no idea that Kane's Krew included the refs.

And Gary, if you watched the after show.

League was a joke to sports fans before, now becoming a joke to THEIR fans.

After the game Dad and I talked about the last couple of weeks of hockey. Lots of people point to the Red Wings as the "Yankees of Hockey" ...

but you wanna know the difference between the two teams?

MLB wants the Yankees to be good, great, champions. NHL despises the success of the Red Wings. that's fact.

By the way, what do you think the last think Havlat remembers is? I can assure you it has nothing to do with the game itself - he probably doesn't even remember getting dressed for the game. He was out cold before he hit the ice. Nothing like seeing someone out cold with their eyes open, is there?

And Gary, if you watched the after show.

League was a joke to sports fans before, now becoming a joke to THEIR fans.

After the game Dad and I talked about the last couple of weeks of hockey. Lots of people point to the Red Wings as the "Yankees of Hockey" ...

but you wanna know the difference between the two teams?

MLB wants the Yankees to be good, great, champions. NHL despises the success of the Red Wings. that's fact.

and the nhl has a salary cap....

honestly the worst overall period of officiating I can remember in a while.

Pretty ridiculous statement to say the NHL despises the Wings' success when Detroit is/has been one of the biggest draws in the NHL over the past decade

I mean honestly, the "new NHL" basically allows the Wings to thrive with the rule set.

Stop whining about the ******* refs.

On that same note, the 3 consecutive power plays in the 2nd period allowed the Wings to get back into the game.

On that same note, the 3 consecutive power plays in the 2nd period allowed the Wings to get back into the game.

well when time on power play in first period was 11 minutes to nothing and they threw out one of our top 4 defenseman for a play that the biased announcer who reffered to the hawks as "we" on more than one occasion called "a legal play" and got them to a 3-0 lead, Id say 3 straight power plays was the least they could do......:dead: