MotownWebGuy

New MotownSports.com Website!

I just wanted to inform all of you that the MotownSorts.com website is currently being redesigned and should be ready to launch within days.

This new website will be very much different then our current site which basically builds itself off of the message board. The new site will be simple, but will be something that I feel will become a very valuable resource for those of you who want information about Detroit's sports teams.

In addition to the website changes, the message board software and photo gallery will both be upgraded to the very latest versions.

With these changes in mind, there will be some expected and possibly unexpected downtime taking place on the site at some point soon. Hopefully this can be kept to a minimum. In addition, as the new site is launched and the message board is upgraded, there are bound to be some things that are different and out of place. Please be patient while I try to get everything back in order, as this may take a few days or more.

Thanks much for all the support over the years!

-MWG

Will it still be vBulletin software, and will the structure of threads be the same?

I belong to another message board that is using vBulletin version 3.8.1. The format is a little different than this board, but not that much. I believe vBulletin is currently to version 3.8.2.

Will it still be vBulletin software, and will the structure of threads be the same?
Yes, the forum will still use the vBulletin software (version 3.8.2). The structure of the threads should be similiar to what they are now. We're currently using vBulletin version 3.6.5, so they aren't too many changes between the two versions.

Yes, the forum will still use the vBulletin software (version 3.8.2). The structure of the threads should be similiar to what they are now. We're currently using vBulletin version 3.6.5, so they aren't too many changes between the two versions.

Will this new version be one that will solve some pic posting problems? I mentioned it in another thread, but one web site I am part of uses vBulletin but when someone posts a picture that is too large, it only effects that post and not the rest of that page of the thread. Any chance this new upgrade will do that? Looking forward to seeing the upgrade

The new site has been completed and the removal process of the current site is expected to take place soon, probably tomorrow (5/22). So if you are seeing this message and things have not changed yet, please do not be surprised to see the site down at somepoint soon. When it does go down, please be patient and check back a few hours later.

The new site has been completed and the removal process of the current site is expected to take place soon, probably tomorrow (5/22). So if you are seeing this message and things have not changed yet, please do not be surprised to see the site down at somepoint soon. When it does go down, please be patient and check back a few hours later.
Glad I'll be off line tomorrow until after the Daytona/LFT game then. I look forward to it.

Not to look a gift horse in the mouth, because you guys work hard to maintain this site....but any chance there will be a version for Blackberries or other hand-held devices? As it is now, it's too difficult to read on my phone, and I would love nothing more than to be able to peruse MTS while waiting in line at the bank, etc.

Not to look a gift horse in the mouth, because you guys work hard to maintain this site....but any chance there will be a version for Blackberries or other hand-held devices? As it is now, it's too difficult to read on my phone, and I would love nothing more than to be able to peruse MTS while waiting in line at the bank, etc.

If you've got a blackberry, you need to download this browser.

http://boltbrowser.com/

It's a million times better than the factory blackberry browser and makes it very easy to read and post on MTS while on the go.

If you've got a blackberry, you need to download this browser.

http://boltbrowser.com/

It's a million times better than the factory blackberry browser and makes it very easy to read and post on MTS while on the go.

Thank you. I'll give 'er a whirl.

MWG, are the 34 Arcade games gone now or am I just not looking in the right place? I'm hoping I'm just overlooking them.

MWG, are the 34 Arcade games gone now or am I just not looking in the right place? I'm hoping I'm just overlooking them.
They are probably gone for now. I'll look into reinstalling this feature when time allows.

I'm assuming this extremely widescreen look is intentional?
Yes, for the time being it's intentional. I hope to add some sort of sidebar back to the message board area soon.

I have to do a lot of tweaking to the message board to get things back in order. My time is a little short this weekend due to other commitments (yard work), so please be patient until I can clean the place up.