DaYooperASBDT

The Ramon Santiago Appreciation Thread

Between him doing really nicely and Everett not sucking horribly, shortstop has not totally been an offensive black hole for the Tigers.

The entire bottom of the line-up has been a nice surprise. I think most Tiger fans were worried our 6 thru 9 hitters were going to kill rally after rally. It's pretty much been the opposite. They have helped start rallies and they have produced more than most of us ever expected.

Pineapple, G-Money....Ramon needs a nickname

The Jockey?

Actually, he's had a nickname. Pac-Man. It's because he gobbles everything up on defense.

I'll take it even though I'm not sure how long it will last. Kind of like dating a supermodel if you look like Billy Joel.

LMAO, good one. But once the cocaine and money are gone, so is she. At least, that's what I hear. But I really don't follow the gossip papers or celebrities too much.

I know some of us have already said some things about hoping Ramon gets more starts through the year, and he just continues to make me feel like that's the best idea. Sucks that he couldn't get that double for the cycle today....

His nickname is Razor, as in former pro wrestler Razor Ramon. I've heard several of the Tigers refer to him in this way.

Don't get in a pissing match with a Sabr - he'll treat you like Old Faithfull.

A tip of my hat to you good sir!

Back on topic, I think it's about time. Santiago's been a nice surprise so far.

just wanted to post here to show some love. ramon is the best! :classic:

The following demonstrates how Santiago has helped both the SS and 2B position in a handful of at-bats.

It also shows how Sardihna and Treanor have killed the C position along with Laird's recent slump. Yes, the backup C position is important offensively folks, especially when the starter has a history of crapping out as a full-timer.

OPS by position (ML Avg):

c: 521 (744)

lb: 1041 (874)

2b: 759 (747)

3b: 959 (766)

ss: 780 (715)

lf: 708 (809)

cf: 849 (716)

rf: 666 (784)

dh: 712 (781)

team: 777 (766 - AL only)

At this point, Cabrera, Granderson and Inge are the only regular players hitting above league average. Everett is hanging around average. Larish, Santiago and Thomas are also above average with a handful of at-bats, Anderson is hanging around average as a part-timer.

We need at least two out of Maggs/Guillen/Thames to come back and hit decently well.

Where did you get this information? I don't doubt it in the least, its just that this is the type of thing I'd like to keep up with on my own as time goes on and knowing now beats creating threads asking people like you to post it every third day or so.

Where did you get this information? I don't doubt it in the least, its just that this is the type of thing I'd like to keep up with on my own as time goes on and knowing now beats creating threads asking people like you to post it every third day or so.

It's at espn.com -- go to team stats and sort by position, it's pretty easy.

The following demonstrates how Santiago has helped both the SS and 2B position in a handful of at-bats.

It also shows how Sardihna and Treanor have killed the C position along with Laird's recent slump. Yes, the backup C position is important offensively folks, especially when the starter has a history of crapping out as a full-timer.

At this point, Cabrera, Granderson and Inge are the only regular players hitting above league average. Everett is hanging around average. Larish, Santiago and Thomas are also above average with a handful of at-bats, Anderson is hanging around average as a part-timer.

We need at least two out of Maggs/Guillen/Thames to come back and hit decently well.

I think that will happen. 2 out of those 3 will be good.