DaYooperASBDT

Poll: What Happens Once Bonderman Returns?

Next Move Once Bonderman Returns?  

106 members have voted

1. 1. Next Move Once Bonderman Returns?

Something going to have to give, assuming Bondy is back healthy by June 15th. Jackson and Verlander certainly are staying put.

EDIT: This is your chance to predict who goes, and where they go to.

Are you looking for just a blind prediction? It's really going to depend mostly on what guys like Porcello and Willis do between now and then. I suspect one of them will go somewhere but who knows.

I'll say... the wing of a space shuttle will chop of one of Willis' legs, rendering him unable to perform.

Yeah, it's pretty much a W.A.G. for me too. I'll say that Dontrelle gets left in an airport somewhere. Just kidding, I voted for "Trade".

To clarify, yeah looking for a prediction of what the Tigers will do, not what we want to happen.

Otherwise it would probably be D. losing out in a big way. And there are those who feel Porcello needs more time in the minors, but I'm still not convinced. Also, A.G. is going to have to start looking over his shoulder a bit if he continues to struggle. But he deserves an extended chance to right the ship. I think most here expected some regression from 2008, but he's definitely scuffling at the moment.

I think Porcello heading to the minors is the most probable, Willis getting released is less probable, and a trade would be a speculative possibility.

I don't think Leyland likes to go all righty in the rotation, which would probably make Porcello the odd man out when Bondo comes back. I also think that the Tigers need to figure out now if they can get anything at all out of Willis, and the only way to do that is give him playing time. With the work, Willis will either a.) demonstrate his usefulness as trade bait or as a 5th starter/bullpen option, or b.) be a completely useless gas can, justifying his eventual release. With the amount of money they're throwing at Willis, I don't think the Tigers can afford to treat Willis like a minor league experiment anymore.

Besides, it might not be a bad idea to keep Porcello in the minors and use him as an august/september call up. This way he can refine his stuff in the minors and maybe tinker with his approach a bit to further throw off hitters when he comes back.

Any of you think Willis might be worth a draft pick or a fringe prospect at all? If we can some how pick up a draft pick or two for him I'd consider that a success.

Porcello to the minors for consistant innings. I am really pulling for Dontrelle to regain his old self but I really do not think it will happen and Porcello will come back up to stay when they designate Willis in a month.

My guess - Willis gets released, as by that time he will have 5-6 starts and they will realize he has little shot at being an average pitcher at the major league level again.

My guess - Willis gets released, as by that time he will have 5-6 starts and they will realize he has little shot at being an average pitcher at the major league level again.

Willis might only make a couple of starts if Bonderman is correct in what he said yesterday.

On Friday, Bonderman mentioned to the press that he felt he only needed one or two minor league starts. That may be wishful thinking on his part, but if he is right, someone is going quick.

It could be Willis but he could be on a long leash. If I was Porcello or Galarraga, I woundn't want to make a bad start in the next two weeks.

It could be Willis but he could be on a long leash. If I was Porcello or Galarraga, I woundn't want to make a bad start in the next two weeks.
They do tend to use the minor league options when they are available ......

Willis to bullpen. Porcello is doing a fine job in the majors, I don't see why he needs to be sent down, atleast at this time.

It all depends on how well guys pitch between now and then.

I think Willis is the most vulnerable, followed by the Galarraga we've been seeing lately.

I think ideally, for me at least, you have Bonderman come back close to his old form. Willis makes another start or two and shows he might be able to be a league average #5 starter. Galarrage finds a happy medium between where was at the start of the year and how he has pitched the last few weeks and becomes a league average starter so then you have Verlander, Jackson, Bonderman, Galarrage, Willis.

At that point you can move Porcello to Erie and have him work on things (I would say the main things are control and his breaking ball). That way he will be more polished for 2010.

More realistically, Willis shows he can't pitch at the major league level and the gets released or DLed or goes to the minors or something and Bonderman takes his spot, Galarrage and Porcello both stay.

Right now I think it would be Porcello to the minors, but if Willis looks like...well Willis in his next couple of starts then it will probably be him going to the bullpen.

Upon further reflection, I can't imagine the Tigers expect Porcello to make 30+ starts this year - that would be a huge innings jump. So unless Dontrelle gets crushed, they probably will bump Rick to long relief or the minors. Long relief would keep his innings down.

If one of these guys is going to the bullpen, then Nate might not be much longer for this ballclub, unless they decide to send Miner to AAA ?

I don't expect Dontrelle to get better from here on out, so I voted to derail D-Train. If we put him on waivers, would anyone even claim him?

This is too complicated for me to provide an answer.

True, but that doesn't stop me from providing one.

I actually have less confidence in the fact Bonderman will be major league ready and competent than Willis..

If Bondo doesn't ramp up his velocity to 91-93 he will be the one searching for innings.

I voted Willis gone and Trade. Here is what I think will happen. Willis and Larish along with $$$ traded to the Mets for J.J. Putz. Hey a man can dream can't he?

I don't expect Dontrelle to get better from here on out, so I voted to derail D-Train. If we put him on waivers, would anyone even claim him?

Not at the money owed him next year (like $13 mil).

I voted Willis gone and Trade. Here is what I think will happen. Willis and Larish along with $$$ traded to the Mets for J.J. Putz. Hey a man can dream can't he?

Why, he has elbow issues AGAIN, as in currently on the DL..