Motor City Sonics

NHL Conference Finals are set.

from mlive - the wings are skating some interesting lines in practice today

probably more about sending a message to Homer and not what we are going to go with imo

I agree. Bench may be too severe, but I think Homer needs a wake up call.

Yeah, their future is more bright than the Red Wings. Chicago has a ton of elite players that are 19, 20, or 21 years old. Toews, Kane, Sharp, Bolland, Eager, Byfuglien, Havlat, Barker, Seabrook, and the list goes on for eternity. The Wings' best player is 30+.

-3, -3, 0, -1, 0, -2, -2, 0, -2, and that eternal list is all minus.

That's a combined -13 this afternoon.

PS, there isn't a single guy in that list that can be called elite at this point.

I also think Patrick Kane is a little over-rated. Yes he can put up some numbers, but when he is on the ice he is also letting up those goals. I mean for a guy who puts up 70 regular season points on a team who is the 4 seed to be a -2 means he is letting in a lot while on the ice. In the playoffs he has 12 pts in 11 games, yet is a -3. Id love to see Datsyuk and Zetterbergs line against him, guys who are solid defensively who can work at stopping him but can also convert on his weak defense on the other end and put up some goals.

Kane a -3 in only 14 minutes today

I've gotten a lot of texts and messages over myspace, facebook, ect from my friends whom are Wings fans telling me its going to be over in 5 or 6. I understand Detroit is a very talented team, but I wouldn't write the Blackhawks off just yet. I mean, we were the 4th seed after all, its not like Chicago is some 8th seed that just barley got in, and IIRC, we had more points than Vancouver who finished third by winning their respected division. The Blackhawks finished 6 points back, I still think had we not of been without Khabi, Havlat, Sharp due to injury, that last two games of the season would of decided the division winner. Honestly, I don't know who's going to win the WFC, I do think it will go to 7, but please don't write off Chicago just yet, the Blackhawks are a good young team, and if we lose, I guess it wasn't our time, and after seeing the good young core we have, I would be happy with that.

You do realize the Red Wings have been the 4th seed or better since 1992 (a time frame in which they have won more Stanley Cups than the Blackhawks have won as a franchise, incidentally), and any year in which the Red Wings were the 4th seed was viewed as a poor regular season by its fans. Actually, now that I think about it, I don't believe the Wings have been lower than the 3 seed for the seasons referenced (an 18-year(!) period).

"Oh no, not number 4!" - Sam Kinison

yea, but the quote is from an interview of his where he dumped the puck into the zone with only a couple seconds left instead of scoring and was asked why he did it. His team still won too....

And Iafrate would have buried it if there was more than a couple seconds left.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/hockey/nhl/wires/05/18/2040.ap.hkn.blackhawks.red.wings.0839/

"That's why I was brought in here as a draft pick,'' Kane, the first overall selection in 2007, said Monday. "I'm not out there to be blocking shots and fighting guys.''

That's the kind of thinking I like to hear from the Wings opponents. It also shows that those kids don't yet have the type of leadership they need to get to the next level. Sounds like something Alexei Yashin would have said.

It would be shame if little Patty Kane had to block a shot one day and got his pretty face ruined.