Motor City Sonics

NHL Conference Finals are set.

Boy those Hawks fans are a bit cocky for team that hasn't won since 1961.

Wow, that pretty much makes them the Detroit Lions of the NHL! And let me see, who was in goal for the '61 Blackhawks? Hmm..seems to me it was a former Wing right? Oh yeah...Glenn Hall, who should have never been traded along with Ted Lindsay to the Hawks in the first place.

Mutley, that's hilarious.

Vonleska, I mostly agree with your post. But we must admit that the Wings do seem to have letdowns, or at least "pace themselves" for certain periods or games. Like games 5 and 6 against Dallas last year, the 1st period of Game 5 against Pittsburgh last year, the 2nd period of Game 4 against Columbus, the first couple of periods of Game 6 versus Anaheim. So I can see the Hawks winning the odd period here or there.

Wow, that pretty much makes them the Detroit Lions of the NHL! And let me see, who was in goal for the '61 Blackhawks? Hmm..seems to me it was a former Wing right? Oh yeah...Glenn Hall, who should have never been traded along with Ted Lindsay to the Hawks in the first place.

That's going way back ... but I think I can appreciate your point.

By the way, the Blackhawks were in the Finals in '71 and '73, but lost both years to the Canadiens. I may be mistaken, but I'm thinking that's how those two years ended. So the Blackhawks have been there before.

A little bit of heresy for our Hawks fans here:

340x.jpg

Awesome! You guys can totaly have him! :classic:

Hell, if you can get him into the Tigers, Pistons and Lions, be my guest!

They haven't. Not in the United Center, not around Chicago's fans rooting for Kane's Krew.

I know. The prospect of that just made me soil myself, and I am not even playing any games there. The worst part is I am using my wife's desk writing this, so I'll have to explain the mess. I think I'll just pin it on my youngest who is toilet training. I also think the Wings might just forfeit the series to avoid the unimaginable prospect of playing a hockey game in front of a full arena in Chicago - something they haven't had much experience with the last 15 years.

from mlive - the wings are skating some interesting lines in practice today

Franzen-Zetterberg-Cleary

Abdelkader-Datsyuk-Hossa (Leino)

Hudler-Filppula-Samuelsson

Draper-Helm-Holmstrom (Maltby)

Lidstrom-Rafalski

Kronwall-Stuart

Ericsson-Lebda

Meech-Chelios-Lilja (scratches)

Osgood

Conklin

Howard

probably more about sending a message to Homer and not what we are going to go with imo

They haven't. Not in the United Center, not around Chicago's fans rooting for Kane's Krew.
I know. The prospect of that just made me soil myself, and I am not even playing any games there. The worst part is I am using my wife's desk writing this, so I'll have to explain the mess. I think I'll just pin it on my youngest who is toilet training. I also think the Wings might just forfeit the series to avoid the unimaginable prospect of playing a hockey game in front of a full arena in Chicago - something they haven't had much experience with the last 15 years.

It really is a frightening proposition. Even if they can somehow escape the madness that is KANE'S KREW, the Wings will then have to brave the horrors of WARD'S WARD or STAAL'S STALL. God forbid if they have to enter the PENS PEN. My hands are shaking and I'm noticeably uncomfortable just typing those words. It's worse than Frodo's trip to Mordor.

It really is a frightening proposition. Even if they can somehow escape the madness that is KANE'S KREW, the Wings will then have to brave the horrors of WARD'S WARD or STAAL'S STALL. God forbid if they have to enter the PENS PEN. My hands are shaking and I'm noticeably uncomfortable just typing those words. It's worse than Frodo's trip to Mordor.

lmao.

I've gotten a lot of texts and messages over myspace, facebook, ect from my friends whom are Wings fans telling me its going to be over in 5 or 6. I understand Detroit is a very talented team, but I wouldn't write the Blackhawks off just yet. I mean, we were the 4th seed after all, its not like Chicago is some 8th seed that just barley got in, and IIRC, we had more points than Vancouver who finished third by winning their respected division. The Blackhawks finished 6 points back, I still think had we not of been without Khabi, Havlat, Sharp due to injury, that last two games of the season would of decided the division winner. Honestly, I don't know who's going to win the WFC, I do think it will go to 7, but please don't write off Chicago just yet, the Blackhawks are a good young team, and if we lose, I guess it wasn't our time, and after seeing the good young core we have, I would be happy with that.

I think while Chicago is probably better skill-wise than Anaheim, and deeper, they're style of play probably suits the Wings more than the Ducks' style of play.

I am worried, though, that the Wings psychologically, will think that the worst is over and think Chicago will be easier; and have a letdown in game one, and lose.

If the Wings come out ready and treat the Blackhawks like the Penguins and the Ducks, they should be OK. If they come out thinking the worst is over until the Penguins, they could be in trouble.

But this is not a stupid team, and they don't have a hack coach. I'm guessing they'll be ready for game one.

Whitesox, anyone would be a fool to write off a semi- final opponent. I just think many variables need to break the right way for Chicago to win the series. This is a series detroit would win 8 times out of 10. this might be one of the other 2 out of 10, who knows, I hope not.

I've gotten a lot of texts and messages over myspace, facebook, ect from my friends whom are Wings fans telling me its going to be over in 5 or 6. I understand Detroit is a very talented team, but I wouldn't write the Blackhawks off just yet. I mean, we were the 4th seed after all, its not like Chicago is some 8th seed that just barley got in, and IIRC, we had more points than Vancouver who finished third by winning their respected division. The Blackhawks finished 6 points back, I still think had we not of been without Khabi, Havlat, Sharp due to injury, that last two games of the season would of decided the division winner. Honestly, I don't know who's going to win the WFC, I do think it will go to 7, but please don't write off Chicago just yet, the Blackhawks are a good young team, and if we lose, I guess it wasn't our time, and after seeing the good young core we have, I would be happy with that.

Everyone is Chicago is predicting Hawks in 6, so there ya go.

Um why would you care what Wings fans think, and why would you be offended? Predictions are predictions. The only thing that matters is the outcome of the game. That's all there is to it. Also, this is a Wings board so naturally Wings fans are going to feel good about their team's chances and rightfully so. Heck at WSI, there are too many people that are overconfident about the Hawks chances to win, and rightfully so. Both fanbases should like their chances and be cocky to begin with.

I also think you are being a hypocrite. You have been mouthing off about the Red Wings at Palehosed board so how are you any different than those Wings fans that are "bothering" you?

Please spare everyone about what you said.

I just don't think the Wings know what they are about to step into...the UC crowd will be nuts. Chicago is more hungry than the Red Wings.

Have you ever watched playoff hockey before? Detroit has been experienced enough to play in hostile environments for couple of decades now, and some of those players that played in the last decade are still there now. It's not going to matter much. Detroit can handle Chicago at Chicago, and it wouldn't surprise me if the Hawks win some games at Chicago.

Detroit is hungry too, you know. They have something to play for, which is repeat as Cup winners. That's as great as it's going to get.

Boy those Hawks fans are a bit cocky for team that hasn't won since 1961.

Chicago sports fans are always cocky. It's what makes them sophisticated and unique according to what ChicagoGirl told me few months ago.

The Blackhawks finished 6 points back, I still think had we not of been without Khabi, Havlat, Sharp due to injury, that last two games of the season would of decided the division winner.

:confused:

keep telling yourself that buddy, considering you were never ahead of the wings in the schedule all year. The Wings finished 3-6-1, you think if they were in a division race they would have finished that way? And it was a 10 pt lead going into the final 2 games, u think if the division was at hand the wings wouldnt have played it differently? The wings had NOTHING to play for the last few games of the season.

you could also say the wings were a healthy zetterberg/hossa/franzen away from winning the division by 15 pts. Lidstrom/Datsyuk/Rafalski all missed as many/more games than Havlat did.

Havlat missed 1 freaking game and Huet was a big free agent addition (making a ton of money) so I dont think him starting is anything to frown at.

Um why would you care what Wings fans think, and why would you be offended? Predictions are predictions. The only thing that matters is the outcome of the game. That's all there is to it. Also, this is a Wings board so naturally Wings fans are going to feel good about their team's chances and rightfully so. Heck at WSI, there are too many people that are overconfident about the Hawks chances to win, and rightfully so. Both fanbases should like their chances and be cocky to begin with.

I also think you are being a hypocrite. You have been mouthing off about the Red Wings at Palehosed board so how are you any different than those Wings fans that are "bothering" you?

Please spare everyone about what you said.

When did I ever say I was offended? All I said is don't write off the Hawks. And wow a Blackhawks fan was being arrogant on a Chicago sports forum, Who would of thought was going to happen...

:confused:

keep telling yourself that buddy, considering you were never ahead of the wings in the schedule all year. The Wings finished 3-6-1, you think if they were in a division race they would have finished that way? And it was a 10 pt lead going into the final 2 games, u think if the division was at hand the wings wouldnt have played it differently? The wings had NOTHING to play for the last few games of the season.

you could also say the wings were a healthy zetterberg/hossa/franzen away from winning the division by 15 pts. Lidstrom/Datsyuk/Rafalski all missed as many/more games than Havlat did.

fair enough, jmac, fair enough

-and for winning teams too....

yea, but the quote is from an interview of his where he dumped the puck into the zone with only a couple seconds left instead of scoring and was asked why he did it. His team still won too....