Motor City Sonics

NHL Conference Finals are set.

Wings will need a lot more from Datsyuk and I mean a lot more. Players on Chicago having a better playoff than Datsyuk.

Havlat

Kane

Versteeg

Toews

Campbell

Sharp

Seabrook

Bolland

huh? Like Datsyuk is the only wings player.....Between the 2 teams wings have 2 best playoff performers in terms of points, and have played 1 less game.

If it comes down to depth, id take Detroit any day of the week. Only way I see CHI winning is if Bulin outplays Ozzie, which there is a shot at.

I don't think the Hawks will be in there with the Wings....but the future is very bright. We may see a decade of battles between the Wings and Hawks.

Yeah, their future is more bright than the Red Wings. Chicago has a ton of elite players that are 19, 20, or 21 years old. Toews, Kane, Sharp, Bolland, Eager, Byfuglien, Havlat, Barker, Seabrook, and the list goes on for eternity. The Wings' best player is 30+.

I just don't think the Wings know what they are about to step into...the UC crowd will be nuts. Chicago is more hungry than the Red Wings.

Yeah, their future is more bright than the Red Wings. Chicago has a ton of elite players that are 19, 20, or 21 years old. Toews, Kane, Sharp, Bolland, Eager, Byfuglien, Havlat, Barker, Seabrook, and the list goes on for eternity. The Wings' best player is 30+.

:confused: :confused: :confused:

Congratulations. What trophy do they give out for the team with the best players who are not allowed to drink in the US?

I just don't think the Wings know what they are about to step into...the UC crowd will be nuts. Chicago is more hungry than the Red Wings.

:ponder::grin::tired: ............really? really? You're right, the wings have never been in this kind of environment before......

:ponder::grin::tired: ............really? really? You're right, the wings have never been in this kind of environment before......

They haven't. Not in the United Center, not around Chicago's fans rooting for Kane's Krew.

They haven't. Not in the United Center, not around Chicago's fans rooting for Kane's Krew.

How many goals will those fans score?

I see a lot of 5-4 type games this series

I just checked because a friend of mine has been playing the over ALOT in the playoffs. Since last saturday, 7 games have gone over 5.5, and 4 havent. Of those 4 games, a few were low scoring ones in the Detroit/Anaheim and all of them came close (5 goals). Betting on hockey is downright stupid, but I figured id throw it out there for anyone interested.

I'm sure Babcock will make it the Wings #1 priority ....."Guys, we can't beat this team unless we take out their crowd in the United Center"...:happy:

That's too funny, but I guess it's a good thing hockey's back in Chicago and people are getting all geaked up again.....

I'm quite certain the wings have played in hostile environments before. I mean they've won 4 cups in 12 years, been in the playoffs every year since the early 90's. Playoff crowds are nothing new to the Wings.

We may see a decade of battles between the Wings and Hawks.

It seemed that was the speculation a few years ago about Nashville and look where they are now. I can't see another team that will be able to compete with Kenny Holland's Wings over the long-haul, except for maybe the Penguins. He is the premier GM in the NHL and no one drafts better than he does long term and the Wings can also attract the premier free-agents (such as Hossa et al) with little to no sweat.

I think the largest obstacle facing young, up-coming teams like Boston and Chicago is the salary cap. If they can master the ins and outs of that part of the business, then perhaps we will see some long-term rivalries. Another Wings/Avalanche type rivalry would be huge for the NHL imo.

That works both ways...it put the mindset in the Red Wings head that the Blackhawks can beat them if they don't bring their A-game. So, the Wings will be prepared and not looking past Chicago. I think Game 1 will be a chance for the Blackhawks to steal since the Wings just came off a tough, long series.

The biggest things the Wings have going for them are:

1. their depth, they can roll 4 lines at you all night and all are pretty equal in terms of threats on each.

2. They have almost all been through this before and their calm, cool and collected attitude is what brought that series home last night. I can't see any of the other 3 teams that are currently in the Conference Finals being able to match that experience or grace under fire.

Like the UC could be harder for the Wings to play in than say the Pepsi Center, Shark Tank or Duck Pond?? C'mon almost every member of this team has not only been there before, they've been there multiple times. Funny thing is Chicago, hockey didn't just begin this year, Hockeytown has been here all along and we've got the (championship) T-shirts to show it.

I think hostile crowds have a bigger impact on the viewing experience of fans watching on tv than they do on the players on the ice.

Would have rather seen boston win. I think they would have a better shot at beating Pitt than carolina does, but oh well. War Wings!

Based on what I've seen so far from Carolina, I think they have a very good chance of beating Pittsburgh. And to be quite honest I hope they do.

Red Wings in 6 with some higher than average scoring for a typical play-off series;

Hurricanes in 6 ---- I really think they will surprise a lot of people. They are a solid team, with very good goal tending, and quite a few players with Cup experience.

I don't think we are too over matched, I'm not trying take anything from Detroit mind you, the Wings are one of the best teams in the NHL. In the season series you guys were 4-2 against us, 2 of those were overtime wins, and I think one of the OT was a shoot out, so the Hawks were able to force Detroit into over time twice, which I think is a good sign. I think it goes to 7 IMO, I think the Wings win the first two at the Joe, the Hawks win 2 at the UC, then from there who know? If anything, this play-off has proven that predictions don't mean crap.

I don't think we are too over matched, I'm not trying take anything from Detroit mind you, the Wings are one of the best teams in the NHL. In the season series you guys were 4-2 against us, 2 of those were overtime wins, and I think one of the OT was a shoot out, so the Hawks were able to force Detroit into over time twice, which I think is a good sign. I think it goes to 7 IMO, I think the Wings win the first two at the Joe, the Hawks win 2 at the UC, then from there who know? If anything, this play-off has proven that predictions don't mean crap.

and the Hawks two wins against the wings were last 2 games of season with nothing on the line and nothing to gain for either team.

Boy those Hawks fans are a bit cocky for team that hasn't won since 1961.

And who did the Blackhawks play in the finals in '61? Detroit.

I hate how spread out the series are. Wings-hawks scheduled for sun- tues-fri-sun-wed-sat-mon (June 1). Pens-canes could end June 2.

I hate how spread out the series are. Wings-hawks scheduled for sun- tues-fri-sun-wed-sat-mon (June 1). Pens-canes could end June 2.

I know, I think there are 3 days with no games during the stretch. Stupid scheduling.