Motor City Sonics

NHL Conference Finals are set.

Bummer, would have liked to see an original 6 finals.....now I will look forward to the last 2 teams the Wings beat for the cup.

Would have rather seen boston win. I think they would have a better shot at beating Pitt than carolina does, but oh well. War Wings!

Wings/Hawks will be fun to watch

Being in Illinois now, it'll be epic for me. They give me a hard time about Illinois/Michigan .... Bears/Lions ..... Illinois/State .... White Sox/Tigers..

I think i might win this battle! :)

Wings/Hawks will be fun to watch

The Hawks defense is nowhere near as good as the Ducks, but the Hawks can score very quickly too. But if they were giving up large amounts of chances to Vancouver, the Wings should be able to do better.

GOD HOW 'BOUT THAT HELM GOAL..........WHAT A BEAUTY. It just hit me again, sorry.

I think Chicago-Detroit goes to 7, I'm not sure on who wins though, the Blackhawks have been able to adapt to two different styles of play so far in the play-offs, and even though the last two games of the season were essentially meaningless since no one was playing for anything (since we each clinched our respected seeds) but I think that the Hawks winning the last two against Detroit put the mindset in their head that they can beat Detroit, plus someone on one of my sox forums made a good point in "The Wings are obviously a good team, almost certainly better than the Hawks, but they look a bit gassed. I think if the Hawks can keep the pressure on they might be able to wear them out as the series goes on", I don't know the relevance of it, but it is something to ponder, IMO, nonetheless it should be a good series

khabibulin is no Hiller, am I right?

But Pavel has GOT to wake up. He was horrible tonight. Sloppy on the puck ... seemed out of it. Just my opinion.

I think Chicago-Detroit goes to 7, I'm not sure on who wins though, the Blackhawks have been able to adapt to two different styles of play so far in the play-offs, and even though the last two games of the season were essentially meaningless since no one was playing for anything (since we each clinched our respected seeds) but I think that the Hawks winning the last two against Detroit put the mindset in their head that they can beat Detroit, plus someone on one of my sox forums made a good point in "The Wings are obviously a good team, almost certainly better than the Hawks, but they look a bit gassed. I think if the Hawks can keep the pressure on they might be able to wear them out as the series goes on", I don't know the relevance of it, but it is something to ponder, IMO, nonetheless it should be a good series

Take the homer hat off and REALLY think about it. Chi is young and inexperienced ... and they are going to come in cocky. RIPE for the pickin, as they say. Det will win first 2 at home, split in Chi-town and finish it at home.

Nice season for you kids though. Just not yet.

Take the homer hat off and REALLY think about it. Chi is young and inexperienced ... and they are going to come in cocky. RIPE for the pickin, as they say. Det will win first 2 at home, split in Chi-town and finish it at home.

Nice season for you kids though. Just not yet.

Maybe your right Dennis, but this is also the play-offs, the Blackhawks were written off in both rounds so far (or so it seems). But if the Blackhawks loss, like you said, it was a good season for the kids, just not yet.

Maybe your right Dennis, but this is also the play-offs, the Blackhawks were written off in both rounds. But if the Blackhawks loss, like you said it was a good season for the kids, just not yet.

Hey bud, i'm just giving you a hard time. Just having some fun. I hope it goes 7 and OT and we see who the best team really is.

I'm in Central Illinois. It'll be interesting to see how many of these people jump on the wagon, ya know?

Good luck.

Wilbon rooted for the Ducks tonight because he doesn't see the Hawks beating the Wings.....good enough for me...

Hey bud, i'm just giving you a hard time. Just having some fun. I hope it goes 7 and OT and we see who the best team really is.

I'm in Central Illinois. It'll be interesting to see how many of these people jump on the wagon, ya know?

Good luck.

Thanks!

I don't think the Hawks will be in there with the Wings....but the future is very bright. We may see a decade of battles between the Wings and Hawks.

Don't forget Columbus...they have come a long way.

khabibulin is no Hiller, am I right?

But Pavel has GOT to wake up. He was horrible tonight. Sloppy on the puck ... seemed out of it. Just my opinion.

Pavel has done alot of things right. He will be an asset to this team even if he doesn't score the rest of the playoffs.

Pavel has done alot of things right. He will be an asset to this team even if he doesn't score the rest of the playoffs.

He showed that tonight....killed the two 5-3 and was phenomenal on the winning goal.....he was one of the few Wings on the 02 team that beat the lanche at home....wow..has it been that long?

I think Chicago-Detroit goes to 7, I'm not sure on who wins though, the Blackhawks have been able to adapt to two different styles of play so far in the play-offs, and even though the last two games of the season were essentially meaningless since no one was playing for anything (since we each clinched our respected seeds) but I think that the Hawks winning the last two against Detroit put the mindset in their head that they can beat Detroit...

That works both ways...it put the mindset in the Red Wings head that the Blackhawks can beat them if they don't bring their A-game. So, the Wings will be prepared and not looking past Chicago. I think Game 1 will be a chance for the Blackhawks to steal since the Wings just came off a tough, long series.

I see a lot of 5-4 type games this series

I've been saying the same thing. I think this series will look a lot different than the Ducks series. More offensive play, more goals, less penalties. At least I hope so. I'm so sick of the g'damn Ducks.

It's gonna be crazy in my neck of the woods. A Red Wings bar in the heart of Blackhawks territory. But more or less, everyone just seems to be happy that it's these two teams in the final. I really couldn't be more stoked that Chicago is good again. This rivalry means a ton for the NHL.

My roommate at college is a Hawks fan and he was rooting hard for Ducks to win because he said he thinks they had no shot of beating us. Im not as willing to write them off as he is, but I think Wings in 6

I haven't really gotten into hockey discussion threads but it had to happen sooner or later. So my 2 cents...

Red Wings will win in 6. We have a huge edge in experience, but the Hawks have a lot of young talent.

Ozzie hasn't exactly been a brick wall, he's let a few easy ones in from time to time but he's been very respectable.

I'm hoping we can get them out of the way quickly, but I see them being pesky and hanging around.

Wings will need a lot more from Datsyuk and I mean a lot more. Players on Chicago having a better playoff than Datsyuk.

Havlat

Kane

Versteeg

Toews

Campbell

Sharp

Seabrook

Bolland