Stormin' Norman

How good is Martin Mayhew?

Which shows you just how meaningless those gifts are to a QB.

I really hope that wasn't meant to be serious :confused:

I just finished reading this entire thread, and now I have a headache...

The whole thing could have been summed up with one reply. "We don't know yet."

"It's not what you say, but how you say it"

I can't read Stormin Normin anymore. DetroitFan is getting close.

It's not what he says rather I can't handle his insistence on replying to posts sentence by sentence. It's maddening to read and nearly impossible to follow if you're not the one he's arguing. It also causes him to create his own context and many times not what the poster was intending. It becomes a giant cluster and makes me yearn for the days of concise and to the point.

I really hope that wasn't meant to be serious :confused:

No, I firmly believe that Arm Strength and Mobility doesn't really matter for QBs(as I've said over and over before).

Either way I'm sick of the Stafford love fest so Stormin is on my ignore list.

Hopefully its over with.

So it only took four months to make an ignore list? Nice.

Not exactly something to be proud of. DFan and I have had the Stafford debate, but it was always just that, a debate and we ended up agreeing to disagree and respecting each other's opinion. I don't think pushing the issue so far and hard to the point where someone doesn't even want to listen is something to hang your hat on.

But to each their own.

Not exactly something to be proud of. DFan and I have had the Stafford debate, but it was always just that, a debate and we ended up agreeing to disagree and respecting each other's opinion. I don't think pushing the issue so far and hard to the point where someone doesn't even want to listen is something to hang your hat on.

But to each their own.

It's hard to type the amount of tongue I had placed in my cheek when I made that statement. I will miss DetroitFan, while I he was the least respectful debate partner I have had, he was an active one.

I nave no problem respecting DF's beliefs. I have greatly enjoyed our discussion (as I have enjoyed similar ones with Buddah or Mschott), I never insulted him or dismissed him or intentionally went out of my way to pick on him. I never mocked him for his lack of trust in Stafford (as he has done to me). I believe the record will show that most of our "debates" stemmed from him responding to something I said, not the other way around (which makes his choice to ignore me...interesting to say the least).

People seem to get the notion that I don't like anyone to have an opinion different from my own when the opposite is the case. I enjoy discussion and debate. When I respond with long posts, it's because I just enjoy talking football - not because I feel the need to convert the non-believers.

I don't mean this ugly, because I do understand liking to talk football, but there is something to be said for brevity. Long posts where you break up into sentences everything that another poster has said makes the board difficult to read. Being able to dovetail everything into one post may be tough, but I think it benefits all of us.

Being able to dovetail everything into one post may be tough, but I think it benefits all of us.

It's really the only way to get people to bother reading posts. People don't come to sports forums to read a novel or deal with drama.

It's really the only way to get people to bother reading posts. People don't come to sports forums to read a novel or deal with drama.

Agreed! Even though I really didn't think DetroitFan and Stormin Normin were that antagonistic to each other. I think the topic is just been worn out.

Keep it fresh, keep it honest and keep it respectful all!

http://adamjt13.blogspot.com/2009/05/review-of-2009-nfl-draft-trades.html

A review of the 2009 NFL draft trades

Three weeks ago, I posted a list of almost every trade from 1992 to 2008 that involved NFL draft picks but not active players. Using that list and a mathematical formula, a fan who posts as Mr. Bighead on the KFFL message boards created a draft pick value chart that indicates the historical value of each draft pick. The value of the No. 1 pick was fixed at 3,000 points, the same value it has in the commonly used value chart. Not surprisingly, though, the chart based on actual trades from 1992 to 2008 is much different from the commonly used chart. In general, higher picks are worth more in the historical chart than in the commonly used chart, and the higher the pick, the greater the difference between the charts.

I tested the historical value chart against certain benchmark trades in the list of trades that I posted, and I found that the chart is quite accurate, at least through five rounds or so. Late in the draft, teams are less likely to have picks that will balance out a trade, so they generally just make two-for-one trades out of the picks they have left and don't worry as much about point values.

In this post, I'll take a look at the trades made during the 2009 NFL draft and see whether teams that traded down got more value or less value than expected, based on trades made from 1992 to 2008.

Here are all of this year's trades that involved only draft picks --

65 = 76, 115, 228

Detroit traded the first pick of the draft's second day to the New York Jets for higher-than-expected value. The 65th pick has a historical value of 326 points, compared to a combined 341 for the three picks the Jets sent to Detroit (243, 91 and 7, respectively).

174 = 235, next 5th

Both of these were relatively equal trades. A fifth-round pick in the next draft is worth an average of 19 points, which is the value of picks No. 183-185. Philadelphia had the 164th pick (30 points) and traded down with New Orleans, getting 27 points in return (8 plus 19). Detroit traded down from No. 174 (24 points), getting 25 points (6 plus 19) back from Denver.

Good point made by you.

I don't mean this ugly, because I do understand liking to talk football, but there is something to be said for brevity. Long posts where you break up into sentences everything that another poster has said makes the board difficult to read. Being able to dovetail everything into one post may be tough, but I think it benefits all of us.

I can try to do better, but it's going to be hard for me. I am a natural debater, I like to go point for point and, for me, its most easiest to do this by breaking down a post. I actually thought breaking down a post like that would make it easier to read.

I don't agree with this. If you don't want to read...then why are you on a message board? It's a reading medium. A message board lends itself to longer, thought out discussion. A chat room lends itself to short, quick responses.

Agreed! Even though I really didn't think DetroitFan and Stormin Normin were that antagonistic to each other. I think the topic is just been worn out.

Keep it fresh, keep it honest and keep it respectful all!

I would agree with that entirely.

I like to make my points as brief as possible otherwise I tend to get ignored.

Isn't that right fellas?

Fellas? .... You out there?

I don't agree with this. If you don't want to read...then why are you on a message board? It's a reading medium. A message board lends itself to longer' date=' thought out discussion. A chat room lends itself to short, quick responses.[/quote']

I'm all about reading substantive posts but taking a comment like "people don't come to sports forums to read a novel or deal with drama" and spinning it into me not wanting to read so that you can create an argument is a big part of the problem. Now it's my turn to say that's not what I said and then we can go back and forth for 3 days, bogging down the boards with another who said what argument. I'm sorry but it's just tired. I'd rather stick to discussing football.

I like to make my points as brief as possible otherwise I tend to get ignored.

Isn't that right fellas?

Fellas? .... You out there?

ha! Priceless :cheeky: