Del, thanks for posting all of these links in the various threads. It definitely saves a lot of us a lot of time!

I have a little time today, so figured I would post some mock drafts to see how much things have/haven't changed. I am just posting the Pistons pick, but I will insert a link back to the full mock for each one. Any comments listed after the players name are those of the person running the mock draft and not mine.

NBADraft.net

15. Jeff Teague 6'2 PG Wake Forest - For a team in "semi-rebuilding" mode, adding a point guard with upside like Teague makes sense. Dumars has a keen eye for talent and after making the decision to blow the team up by dealing Billups, this team can look to the future with their pick with a number of potential options available such as Teague or possibly Mullens.

Hoops Hype

15. Terrence Williams 6'5 SG Louisville - Incredibly versatile shooting guard who plays three positions at the collegiate level. Outstanding athlete with great strength, terrific leaping ability, and a frame that is tailor made for professional basketball. An excellent defender first and foremost thanks to his physical attributes, length and the hard-nosed style of play he brings to the court. Fills up the stat-sheet with assists, rebounds and turnovers. Not a prolific scorer, very inconsistent with his jumper, particularly off the dribble, but settles regardless for bad shots from the perimeter. Doesn’t get to the basket or free throw line enough due to his average ball-handling skills.

Draft Express

15. Austin Daye 6'10 SF/PF Gonzaga

HoopsWorld

15. James Johnson 6'8 SF/PF Wake Forest

RealGM

15. Austin Daye 6'10 SF/PF Gonzaga - Last summer Daye looked like a top-five pick to me, but his physical development was slower than anticipated. He will never be too athletic and definitely not too strong, but he will almost certainly come into his own two or three years after arriving in the NBA the way Bargnani did this season.

I have a little time today, so figured I would post some mock drafts to see how much things have/haven't changed. I am just posting the Pistons pick, but I will insert a link back to the full mock for each one. Any comments listed after the players name are those of the person running the mock draft and not mine.

NBADraft.net

15. Jeff Teague 6'2 PG Wake Forest - For a team in "semi-rebuilding" mode, adding a point guard with upside like Teague makes sense. Dumars has a keen eye for talent and after making the decision to blow the team up by dealing Billups, this team can look to the future with their pick with a number of potential options available such as Teague or possibly Mullens.

Hoops Hype

15. Terrence Williams 6'5 SG Louisville - Incredibly versatile shooting guard who plays three positions at the collegiate level. Outstanding athlete with great strength, terrific leaping ability, and a frame that is tailor made for professional basketball. An excellent defender first and foremost thanks to his physical attributes, length and the hard-nosed style of play he brings to the court. Fills up the stat-sheet with assists, rebounds and turnovers. Not a prolific scorer, very inconsistent with his jumper, particularly off the dribble, but settles regardless for bad shots from the perimeter. Doesn’t get to the basket or free throw line enough due to his average ball-handling skills.

Draft Express

15. Austin Daye 6'10 SF/PF Gonzaga

HoopsWorld

15. James Johnson 6'8 SF/PF Wake Forest

RealGM

15. Austin Daye 6'10 SF/PF Gonzaga - Last summer Daye looked like a top-five pick to me, but his physical development was slower than anticipated. He will never be too athletic and definitely not too strong, but he will almost certainly come into his own two or three years after arriving in the NBA the way Bargnani did this season.

Like looking through clothes at the thrift store..keep looking..why do I keep hoping that either Jrue Holliday or DeJuan Blair fall or they move down and take Patty Mills..

The best source of information I have found regarding the draft is Chad Ford. He is constantly talking to people in the league and different organizations who give updated information. At this point, from all the info I have gathered, it seems like their are a handful of players who are very likely not going to be there when we pick: Griffin, Thabeet, Rubio, Holiday, Harden, Flynn, Curry, DeRozan, and Hill. Tyreke Evans and Brandon Jennings are kind of wildcards and more unknowns. If one fell to #15, they would be hard to pass up, but most likely that will not happen. That is 11 guys right there. So that leaves a group that includes Blair, Henderson, Daye, Clark, and Johnson as the main guys we will chose from. Personally, I would say after around 15 or 16, there is a drop in talent...or it is at least much harder to project the talent. So the Pistons are not sitting in a bad spot in this draft at all.

If you think there is a drop in talent after 15 or 16, you have a much different view then I do. Outside of Griffin, nobody really floors me.

Pistons best options are to trade up into the top 5 or trade/sell their #15 pick. I think you have Griffin as clearly the best talent. Then maybe 5 or 6 guys who are going to be good players. After that its ugly.

RealGM: Basketball Wiretap Archives: Rubio Now Open To Working Out With Teams Picking 2-4

Rubio Now Open To Working Out With Teams Picking 2-4

Ricky Rubio is now open to working out and interviewing with teams slated to pick 2-4, according to sources that spoke with Ailene Voisin of the Sacramento Bee.

Dan Fegan is limiting Rubio's workouts to those three teams (Grizzles, Thunder and Kings) at this time.

DraftExpress: Analyzing the NBA Combine Results

Part of this article that I am not posting talks about how useless these numbers are. I agree, but it's June 4th and the Pistons haven't been relevant in a good 6 months, so we need something to talk about. I'm not going to post the spreadsheet with all of the data. It's simply to hard to properly format here. You can view it on the DraftExpress web site here. They have data for players going back to the year 2000.

Analyzing the NBA Combine Results

-The often cited Blake Griffin – Amare Stoudemire comparison holds weight at the combine if nowhere else. The two look very similar on paper. Griffin’s no step vert of 32” and max vert of 35.5” are the same as Stoudemire’s, his lane agility time of 10.95 is .24 seconds faster than Stoudemire, and his 3.28 ¾ court sprint mark was a fraction of a second slower than the All-Star forward. The biggest differences between the two in terms of combine measurements lie in Stoudmires two inch wingspan advantage and Griffin’s ten extra reps on the bench. Though the two look considerably different in how they use their athleticism on the floor, their tests couldn’t have matched up any better for anyone supporting that comparison.

-James Harden tested out far better than anyone could have expected, which will likely cause teams to pay keener attention to his athleticism in competitive workouts. Harden’s 37” max vert tied him with a player than many consider one of the best athletes at the wing position in this draft in Terrence Williams, and had his 31.5” no step vert bettered him by a full inch. This is a clear case of a player testing well above the level teams project him at. The best example of that is in Harden’s 11.10 lane agility time, with is only .01 seconds behind the time posted by arguably the quickest point guard in the NBA, Chris Paul. Harden also showed good strength on the bench, throwing up 17 reps, but also recording the highest body fat percentage amongst wings with 10.1%.

Those tossing around Brandon Roy comparisons were likely surprised by Harden’s speed and strength, Harden topped the Trailblazers franchise player by 11 reps on the bench and beat him by .14 seconds in the ¾ court sprint. However, Roy out-jumped Harden considerably, posting a 40+” max vert three years ago.

-Jordan Hill tied for the second highest max vertical reach in this class, maxing out at 11’11”, which ties him historically with Nene and puts him just ahead of Al Horford. His 31” no step vertical was quite impressive for a guy his size, and his no step reach of 11’7” tied him with the likes of Josh Smith. Unfortunately, his lane agility time of 12.23 seconds ranked last in this class. Though players are able to perform each test twice with laser timing, Hill’s agility test shouldn’t raise any major red flags. Hill’s 11 reps on the bench and 3.30 second ¾ court sprint were both par for the course.

-Tyreke Evans didn't stand out in many areas athleticially, posting one of the worst lane agility times amonst guards at 11.81 seconds, and didn't compensate with a great vertical, only leaping 34" in the max vert test.

-Stephen Curry didn't wow anyone with his speed related results, posting average times of 11.07 in the lane agility test and 3.28 in the 3/4 court sprint. He did, however, put up 10 reps on the bench (an area you would think he’d struggle in) and posted an above average max vertical leap of 35.5".

-It didn’t take long to find a couple of players with measurables similar to DeJuan Blair, as past draftees Craig Smith and Paul Millsap both fit the bill on most levels. Blair posted a lower body fat percentage (12%) than Smith (12.2%), and compares well to Paul Millsap in his numbers across the board. His max vert of 33” was half an inch better than Millsap’s and while Millsap did marginally better in the no step vert (Blair jumper only 26” which explains some of the issues he’s had at the rim against good shot blockers) and ¾ court sprint, Blair did three more reps on the bench, finishing with 18 reps, and was .17 seconds better than Millsap in the lane agility drill, finishing in 11.5 seconds. Considering where Blair likely started his trek towards fitness, it wouldn’t be surprising for him to undergo a Craig Smith-like transformation and come into the Summer League looking significantly more fit and moving better because of that.

-Jonny Flynn had the best vertical leap of the day at 40" even, but posted only decent times in the lane agility drill (10.86) and the 3/4 court sprint (3.23) for a player his size. For comparison's sake, Nate Robinson ran a 10.75 and a 2.96 in those drills. Just to give you a feeling of how the speed based drills look historically, Flynn's time is matched by historic speedsters Shaun Livingston and Ronny Turiaf.

-Tyler Hansbrough’s no step vertical leap of 28” is a pretty good indication of why he tends to have his shot blocked at the rim quite often. The same can be said about the likes of DeJuan Blair, Luke Harangody, and Taj Gibson. His lane agility time of 11.12 seconds and his ¾ court sprint time of 3.27 were consistent with the rest of the players at his position, though, if not slightly above average.

-Eric Maynor was in the same boat as Hansbrough, testing as well as you would expect him to, finishing slightly below average at his position across the board, tallying a bottom-10 max vertical leap of 31.5”, but posting a respectable 10.78 lane agility time

-Rodrigue Beaubois Demar Derozan, and Chase Budinger all jumped well as expected, posting max verticals over 38”. Joining them was Wayne Ellington, who on top of his surprising vertical leap, was above average in every category.

-Every year there are always a couple of players whose lack of upper body strength get exposed when they have to hit the bench. This season those players were Grievis Vasquez, who tested very poorly on top of his single rep, and Austin Daye, who unsurprisingly could muster only one. Three international players tied for third to last, with Joe Ingles, Rodrigue Beaubois and Omri Casspi all managing just three.

-Daye’s poor upper body strength didn’t shock scouts, but his other numbers certainly had to. Daye tied Vasquez for the lowest max vertical leap at a poor 28”, edging out Jordan Hill for second to last in the lane agility drill at 12.11 seconds, and running ¾ of the court .02 seconds slower than Eddy Curry at 3.55 seconds. Obvious Daye is more smooth than he is explosive, but his body couldn’t have been less equipped to excel in this setting by all accounts.

-Harden was the strongest guard, putting up 17 bench reps, while Luke Harangody took the top spot with 23 followed by Blake Griffin (22), and Xavier’s Derrick Brown (20). It isn’t surprising to see Brown near the top of this list, as Xavier players always seem to outperform their peers when it comes to the bench –a testament to their strength and conditioning program. Brown posed some other very impressive totals, tying Jordan Hill with a max vertical reach of 11’11” and running an excellent time (3.13) in the ¾ court sprint for a forward.

-Jermaine Taylor reminded everyone why he was offered a football scholarship without stepping on the gridiron by posting a 34” no step vertical, and putting up 16 reps on the bench, but joined both Evans and Demar DeRozan as guys who probably were a little too aggressive in their two attempts at the lane agility drill. DeRozan finish in 11.88 seconds and Taylor in 11.54, both in the bottom 10 in the entire class. Obviously, even the top athletes in attendance had a hard time transitioning their merit to this setting.

-Toney Douglas ran the top ¾ court time at 3.03, with Damion James, Patrick Mills, Jodie Meeks and Dominic James finishing just behind him at 3.10 or faster. For reference, Douglas’s time was one of the ten best we’ve seen in our database, which dates back to 1989. His 10.63 mark in the lane agility drill, 36.5” max vertical, and 15 reps on the bench landed him as one of the top overall athletes at the event. Damion James also posted a 37” max vert, tied for second in max vert reach at 11’11”, and tossed up 14 reps on the bench, being one of the better forwards across the boards in attendance.

-Jack McClinton, Rodrigue Beaubois and Darren Collison all ran under 10.5 in the lane agility drill, with McClinton’s time of 10.44 landing him in the top-10 in our database. Both Collison and McClinton posted strong marks across the board.

-AJ Price earned the dubious distinction of having the highest body far percentage of the players tested at 12.4%, while James Johnson, Luke Harangody, DeJuan Blair and Josh Heytvelt were all above 10.8%. On the other side of the spectrum, Gerald Henderson, Jeff Teague, Dante Cunningham, Marcus Thornton, Sam Young and Demar Derozan all posted percentages under 5.

-Gerald Henderson didn’t live up to expectations despite his chiseled frame, posting a max vert of 35” managing 8 bench reps and running a solid 3.13 ¾ court sprint. For a player touted for his athleticism, Henderson didn’t test out well.

DraftExpress: Score Up/Down

Q Score Up: Players who are being mentioned more and more in a positive light by NBA teams we speak to: B.J. Mullens, Tyler Hansbrough, Rodrigue Beaubois, Josh Heytvelt, Jack McClinton, Jeff Pendergraph, Omri Casspi

Q Score Down: Players who are being mentioned more and more in a negative light by NBA teams we speak to: Earl Clark, Terrence Williams, Ty Lawson, Eric Maynor, Damion James, Tyler Smith, Wayne Ellington

I wouldn't mind seeing Ellington fall to us with one of our 2nd round picks.

http://www.hoopsworld.com/HeadlineStories.asp?hd=20090604&lc=NBA#STORY_19277

Another USC Trojan Enters NBA Draft

Forward Marcus Johnson became the fourth USC basketball player to forego college eligibility and enter the NBA Draft -- news that didn't sit well with head coach Tim Floyd.

"Kansas has two players who would have been NBA lottery picks, Cole Aldrich and Sherron Collins, and they are returning to school," Floyd told the Los Angeles Times. "Good for them. Our guys get an offer from Islamabad and they're gone."

Johnson's decision comes just days after he learned his petition for a sixth year of eligibility had been accepted by the NCAA. Johnson applied for the waiver because he competed in just one exhibition game during the 2007-08 season at Connecticut before transferring to USC, according to the Times.

Instead of taking advantage of the extra eligibility, Johnson joins fellow Trojans DeMar DeRozan, Daniel Hackett and Taj Gibson in the draft. Unlike the latter three, all of whom were starters for the Trojans, Johnson wasn't a regular contributor.

That quote is hilarious.

UNC's Ty Lawson attends predraft workouts with Pistons | Freep.com | Detroit Free Press

UNC's Ty Lawson attends predraft workouts with Pistons

Point guard Ty Lawson from national champion North Carolina was probably the biggest name to workout for the Pistons this week.

Advertisement

Director of player personnel George David said this morning that 10 prospects visited the team’s practice facility for predraft workouts and interviews on Tuesday and Thursday. The NBA Draft will be held June 25 in New York.

Among the 10 was Lawson, who was the catalyst of the Tar Heels surprisingly easy march to the NCAA title at Ford Field in April.

Lawson, a lightning quick penetrator that excels in transition, would be a candidate for the Pistons’ first-round pick (15th overall). Lawson’s knock is his 6-foot frame and questions about his ability to play defense at the NBA level.

David described the workouts as a combination of first-round and second-round possibilities. The Pistons having three picks in the second (Nos. 36, 39 and 44).

Gonzaga teammates Austin Daye (forward) and Josh Heytvelt (center/power forward) were also among the visitors. Daye is a first-round prospect; Heytvelt a second.

Other prospects were LSU’s 6-5 combo guard Garrett Temple, USC’s 6-9 power forward Taj Gibson and Texas’ 6-7 forward Damion James.

All are considered second-round choices.

http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=12872

Teague's Decision Becomes Even Tougher

HOOPSWORLD has learned that Wake Forest sophomore guard Jeff Teague strained his MCL and will be shutting down workouts for at least the next ten days. The injury, which occurred during a group workout in Minnesota with several other NBA teams in attendance, is not serious but will linger through the June 15th deadline for underclassmen to withdraw from the NBA Draft.

Returning to Wake Forest for his junior season remains a possibility for Teague as he has yet to hire an agent. However, Teague has quietly made it known that he's heavily leaning towards staying in the draft and according to his father this minor setback does not change that.

"I don't think this injury will alter that," said Shawn Teague to Jeff Goodman of FoxSports.com.

What could possibly alter that is if in the next ten days Teague doesn't receive the kind of feedback he's hoping for. Being a top 20 pick is said to be the deciding factor for Teague and as of right now he's far from a lock to go that early. Luckily for Teague every team in the 13-19 range is a possible suitor whose interest he can gauge before making his final decision. In our latest installment of the consensus mock draft Joel Brigham has Teague going the highest at 15th overall while Alex Raskin, Steve Kyler, and I have Teague going in the 21-22 range.

The point guard position is by far the strongest in this year's draft and while Teague could go as high as 13, he could just as easily fall to late in the first round. Although Teague's interest in staying in the draft is strong, he has to be giving some strong consideration to returning to school for just one more season.

Just two years ago current Indiana Pacer and former Kansas Jayhawk Brandon Rush went through nearly the exact same predicament Teague is currently going through, only to a more severe extent. Rush tore his ACL while testing the waters, which practically made his decision for him. The torn ACL ended up being a blessing in disguise for Rush as not only did he improve his stock during his junior season, he also ended up winning a National Championship.

Waiting for Teague at Wake Forest is really an ideal situation that could produce similar results to what Rush saw. Teague has the luxury of being able to play both guard positions for Dino Gaudio and a very talented team that with him has Final Four potential. The Demon Deacons were extremely young last season and return future lottery pick Al-Farouq Aminu along with seven others from their top ten.

Teague tested out fairly well at the Chicago predraft camp last week, but didn't blow anyone away by any means. He came in a bit shorter than expected at 6'1.5" in shoes and was mediocre in terms of speed. Areas that he stood out in for his position were with his wingspan and leaping ability. Teague has a 6'7.5" wingspan and a maximum vertical leap of 36".

This year's point guard crop is highlighted by Ricky Rubio, Brandon Jennings, Stephen Curry, Jonny Flynn, Tyreke Evans, Ty Lawson, Jrue Holiday, Eric Maynor, Darren Collison, Patrick Mills, and Nick Calathes along with Teague. Each and every one of them feels they are first round worthy, but we're talking about 12 point guards with only 30 picks in the first round. Only so many are going to be taken and inevitably some players are going to slip, with Teague being a prime candidate to do so.

The depth at point guard won't factor into Teague's decision at all though if he can get the highly-coveted promise from a team picking in the range where he wants to be selected. That would remove the uncertainty from Teague's status, but unless that promise comes Wake Forest is definitely his best option.

Terrance Williams dream.

So here's my NBA dream I was drafted #7 by golden state an traded to the pistons on draft night my first points was game winner to beat cavs

The Pistons organization still has juice.

http://www.hoopsworld.com/HeadlineStories.asp?lc=NBA&c=1&TEAM_ID=&PLAYER_ID=&hd=20090608#STORY_19382

Thabeet's Skill Set Could Be Limited

We're still 2 1/2 weeks away from the June 25 NBA Draft, but the league's rumor mill already claims to know which player the Thunder will select with the third overall pick.

It's no question that Thabeet fits the Thunder's most pressing need of interior defense. What's up for debate is whether OKC can afford to take a chance on Thabeet's limited skill set with such a high pick. Thabeet isn't likely to come in and supplant Nenad Krstic as the starter. The Thunder would be banking on the 22-year-old Thabeet to develop into a more complete player down the road. But assuming Robert Swift doesn't return, Thabeet would give the Thunder some much-needed frontcourt depth behind Krstic and its only player who would make opponents think twice about coming into the lane.

http://www.hoopsworld.com/HeadlineStories.asp?lc=NBA&c=1&TEAM_ID=&PLAYER_ID=&hd=20090608#STORY_19376

Medical Concerns on DeJuan Blair, Others?

The medicals of various NBA draft prospects, including Missouri’s DeMarre Carroll, who may need a liver transplant in the near or long-term future, DeJuan Blair, whose knees and arthritic condition are a major concern to certain teams, and A.J. Price, who reportedly still has an aneurysm in an artery of his brain that could become a serious issue later in his career.

http://www.hoopsworld.com/HeadlineStories.asp?lc=NBA&c=1&TEAM_ID=&PLAYER_ID=&hd=20090608#STORY_19377

Is Jordan Hill's Stock Falling?

Jordan Hill potentially slipping into the bottom of the top-10 or even possibly slightly beyond. The talk is that the Washington Wizards’ 5th pick could very well end up being claimed by Stephen Curry (whether for them or another team trading up), and that since Minnesota, Golden State, New York and maybe even Toronto appear to be looking at other positional needs, Hill could be on the short end of the stick come draft night.

Medical Concerns on DeJuan Blair, Others

What's a tiny little liver transplant or a mere aneurysm when your GM drafts Narcoletpics?

RealGM: Basketball Wiretap Archives: Report: Blazers Will Trade Rodriguez To Knicks On Draft Night

Report: Blazers Will Trade Rodriguez To Knicks On Draft Night

According to a report from Yahoo-Eurosport, the Knicks will acquire Sergio Rodriguez in a draft night trade.

Sources from the Knicks say the two sides have had a deal agreed upon for almost three weeks.

Mike D'Antoni is reportedly driving the interest in the Portland point guard.

If Earl Clark slips, might be too good for Detroit to pass on - Detroit Pistons Basketball: News, Blogs, Photos, Audio, Schedule & Stats - MLive.com

If Earl Clark slips, might be too good for Detroit to pass on

by A. Sherrod Blakely

Monday June 08, 2009, 4:39 PM

AUBURN HILLS -- Standing 6-foot-10 and some change with shoes on, Louisville's Earl Clark doesn't exploit the mismatch he seems to have just about every time he steps on the floor as often as a player with his talent should.

Clark is considered one of the best small forwards in this draft class because at his size and versatility, there's no other player in the draft quite like him.

But the biggest knock against him - consistency - is why there are varying opinions as to where he might be selected.

Once considered a top-10 lock, there are some mock drafts that see the 21-year-old slipping into the late teens.

A fall of that magnitude is highly unlikely, especially with the Pistons sitting on the No. 15 overall pick.

Drafting Clark by no means would solve the many problems that contributed to Detroit's first losing season in nearly a decade.

But when you're coming off a season like that, adding a player of Clark's skillset in the middle of the first round might be too good an opportunity to pass on.

Here's the skinny on Earl Clark:

Height: 6-10

Weight: 228

College: Louisville

Last season's stats: 14.2 points, 8.7 rebounds and 3.2 assists while shooting 45.7 percent from the field, and 32.6 percent on 3-pointers.

Strengths: Superb athleticism; one of the quickest first steps to the basket you'll see among players in this year's draft class; his favorite post move is a fade-away jumper that, because of his length, is nearly impossible to defend.

Weaknesses: Inconsistent shooter; doesn't look comfortable when forced to put the ball on the floor and make a play for himself; relies too much on his perimeter shooting.

Projected draft position: A probable lottery-pick who will fall no further than the middle of the first round.

RealGM: Basketball Wiretap Archives: Boston, Houston And New York Want 2nd Overall Pick

Boston, Houston And New York Want 2nd Overall Pick

The Grizzlies have been approached by several teams about acquiring the second overall pick. Boston, Houston and New York are said to be among the most recent suitors.

Boston and Houston would likely have to offer an established NBA player or two, given that neither team owns a first-round pick. New York owns the eighth pick and likely would want to move up for the opportunity to take Ricky Rubio.

http://www.hoopsworld.com/HeadlineStories.asp?lc=NBA&c=1&TEAM_ID=&PLAYER_ID=&hd=20090609#STORY_19412

Ricky Rubio Seeks to Have Buyout Reduced

"Now it looks like we put a gun to his head to sign the contract," (DKV Joventut President Jordy Villacampa) said, according to the Spanish news agency EFE. "He was young, but he didn't come [to the table] all by himself and defenseless to see what we were going to do with him. We gave him the opportunity to develop as a player in the ACB, to grow as a player, to become an Olympian with the National Team -- he has accomplished these feats via the Joventut. That's what it is, that's what is signed and we will defend it."

The source told ESPN.com that Spanish law allows an athlete to terminate his contract with a team and then pay an indemnity (or buyout) to his team. Both Spanish law and FIBA regulations allow for Rubio to get his letter of clearance to play in the NBA before the amount of the indemnity amount is determined.

If an arbitrator agrees with Rubio and lowers the buyout, Rubio would likely be headed to the NBA next season. If the arbitrator rules that Rubio's indemnity payment to the Joventut is reasonable, it may convince Rubio to stay in Spain another year.

Villacampa said he was willing to lower Rubio's buyout by 50 percent for 2010 if he stayed, but legal action may complicate things.

"I don't know if ethically it will look good that a player who has sued us can keep playing with Joventut; it's really strange," he said.

In the meantime, Rubio plans to arrive with his family in the United States on June 13. Rubio has yet to schedule visits with any team, according to the source.

The source said it's likely that Rubio and his camp will skip visits to Memphis. The Grizzlies hold the No. 2 pick, but the source said Rubio is leery about playing in Memphis after two other Spanish players -- Pau Gasol and Juan Carlos Navarro -- had bad experiences there

Let me preface this as I always do in this thread: I know nothing about college players and get my little info from youtube videos and draft sites.

That said, isn't Earl Clark yet another player who'll try to finish with finesse from a power position. He'll fade away or lay the ball up instead of going strong, creating contact, and finishing at the line. I guess if he can play SF, I'd be intersted, but other than that I'd like to see us go after power and defense. I'm so tired of soft players that fade away, especially at the PF or C position.

http://www.hoopsworld.com/HeadlineStories.asp?lc=NBA&c=1&TEAM_ID=&PLAYER_ID=&hd=20090610#STORY_19430

Rockets Trading Up for Thabeet or Rubio?

The Memphis Commercial-Appeal is running an interesting story today, saying that the Houston Rockets and Boston Celtics have each contacted the Memphis Grizzlies to discuss what it would take to land the #2 overall pick. Supposedly, Ricky Rubio is the subject of the Rockets' and Celtics' affections, which certainly raises some eyebrows. After all, the Celtics just witnessed a break-out season from Rajon Rondo and the Rockets had their best postseason success in over a decade after turning the reins over to Aaron Brooks.

It's hard to imagine the Rockets taking Rubio, but it's easy to see why they would be interested in the pick. The Rockets are in search of a center and a shooting guard this summer, and they could have eyes for either James Harden or Hasheem Thabeet. Thabeet's skill set is very much like Dikembe Mutombo's, and Mutombo was an invaluable part of Houston's success until a knee injury forced him to retire.

As for the Celtics, Harden would be a nice fit there, as well, especially if they're serious about entertaining offers for Ray Allen. If not Harden, they could see Jordan Hill as a replacement for Glen Davis in the event they are unable to re-sign him.

The New York Knicks have also reached out to discuss acquiring the #2, which they would most certainly use to draft Rubio. They've made it more than clear that they'll take a point guard, whether that's with their own #8 pick, or with a pick they acquire higher up.

Stay tuned to HOOPSWORLD as we continue to follow the drama surrounding the possible trade of the #2 overall pick in the 2009 NBA Draft.