vannzee

Claimed-OT Kirk Barton

Or John Cameron Swayze..."He takes a licking and keeps on ticking"

Unless you're over...say 45...that reference probably went straight over your head...

Unless you're over...say 45...that reference probably went straight over your head...

I'm 40 - I got it.

I have watched Kirk Barton's career at Ohio State.... non prospect.... would rather have our 7th round pick and see if we can develop him.

They have both.

What's the point of releasing Lents just to sign another camp body. The Lions do crap like this all the time. They have released and signed Cason over 20 times the last 4-5 years. Is there really going to be that big of a difference between Lents and Barton? Neither one will make this team or will be a project.

What's the point of releasing Lents just to sign another camp body. The Lions do crap like this all the time. They have released and signed Cason over 20 times the last 4-5 years. Is there really going to be that big of a difference between Lents and Barton? Neither one will make this team or will be a project.

So, what exactly is the big deal again?

Did Lentz play at Brandon? I see he was born in Ortonville, but didn't know if he played high school ball somewhere else.

If you played with him its odd that you cant spell his last name. You say that Barton is just a camp body but considering how many teams have taken shots at him there must be something they like there.

:surprise: Yep!

I'm 21

Googles...

For all you youngsters...from Wikipedia

Swayze---despite a brief turn anchoring an evening newscast for ABC---was more familiar for a series of commercials he did for Timex. Again, his flair for writing or handling catchphrases banked him: "It takes a licking and keeps on ticking" ended up living even longer than "hopscotching around the world for headlines" did, as Swayze appeared in Timex spots that amounted to mock newscasts before delivering the catch-phrase at the end of the spots. Swayze did the Timex spots for over two decades.

Swayze also appeared in commercials for Studebaker, promoting the automobile company's 1963 model line.

It probably would have been better if I said "He takes a licking and keeps on kicking"...but....whatever...:square: