boss78

Do you think Larry Foote will sign with the lions?

According to 97.1.... Foote's Agent is in Allen Park talking to the Lions today. No update on how the talks are going...

Again, this sounds like tampering to me, assuming he has not in fact been released yet or does not have permission to seek a trade. I don't know the specifics of what is considered tampering or not, but I know that two years ago the Bears received compensation from SF for tampering with Briggs on less than what is happened with Foote thus far.

Isn't it tampering if his agent has been talking to other teams, such as Detroit, if he hasn't been officially released? From Foote's quotes, it seems as though he's already in discussions with the Lions...

Or maybe they gave him permission to seek a trade, but that's not what it sounds like from Foote's comments.

Sounds like the Steelers gave Foote's agent permission to seek a deal while still holding on to his rights.

Sounds like the Steelers gave Foote's agent permission to seek a deal while still holding on to his rights.

It's hard to say from the article, I didn't jump to that conclusion from what was written, but certainly that could be the case.

Considering the first reports of Foote being released, and now all of a sudden the Steelers saying they are going to hold on to him for the week, I wouldn't figure it to be tampering.

Add in the reports that they've been trying to move him, and the only reason they are going to continue to hold him is due to potential injuries resulting in trades, and I'd figure it'd be hard to make a case for tampering.

If anything, it sounds like the Steelers are dangling him around, were on the verge of releasing him, and then last second, well.....maybe not. All those factors in my eyes, point to the fact that the Steelers aren't against anyone talking to him or his agent in any way.

I was waiting for this to happen! The other option imo was that stoner LB from Seattle who just go cut, but he had a recent arrest for pot possesion so I'm sure Goodell was gonna suspend him for a few games.

.:EDIT:.

Woahhh, I just looked him up on Wikipedia. He is only 28. If! and if he comes here he could be here for 3-4 more years at least. Is his overal health okay? Will he fot our scheme? (I've seen some of you questioning that)

Considering the first reports of Foote being released, and now all of a sudden the Steelers saying they are going to hold on to him for the week, I wouldn't figure it to be tampering.

Add in the reports that they've been trying to move him, and the only reason they are going to continue to hold him is due to potential injuries resulting in trades, and I'd figure it'd be hard to make a case for tampering.

If anything, it sounds like the Steelers are dangling him around, were on the verge of releasing him, and then last second, well.....maybe not. All those factors in my eyes, point to the fact that the Steelers aren't against anyone talking to him or his agent in any way.

It may or may not be tampering. Really, I think it just hinges on whether he received permission to talk to other clubs or not. None of us know if that is the case. It shouldn't really matter if they are or aren't planning to release him... until they do, he is under contract with the Steelers.

It may or may not be tampering. Really, I think it just hinges on whether he received permission to talk to other clubs or not. None of us know if that is the case. It shouldn't really matter if they are or aren't planning to release him... until they do, he is under contract with the Steelers.

True, but considering the reports that the Lions were in talks about trading for him just a few days ago, you've gotta figure that talks should still be open.

Looks like Len Pasquerelli reported that Foote was released. Then, the lions offered a 7th round pick, which the Steelers declined. Then, the Steelers reported that Foote had not been released.

Looks like Len Pasquerelli reported that Foote was released. Then, the lions offered a 7th round pick, which the Steelers declined. Then, the Steelers reported that Foote had not been released.

Why would the Lions offer a 7th rounder after he was released?

So happy with this news. Foote might not be the man he once was, but he's a vast improvement and makes our draft strategy really worth it since he'll fill the hole in MLB.

Happy with what news? The guy was released but surely it makes TOO much sense for the Lions to do such a thing.

Happy with what news? The guy was released but surely it makes TOO much sense for the Lions to do such a thing.

When has Mayhew and Lewand screw up a contract signing or a trade?

Foote publicly states he wants to play in Detroit and his agent is in town talking to the Lions.

Any news on Shaun Rogers? I'm hearing hes none to happy with Cleveland or Mangini and would like to come back to Detroit. I for one would be all for it. Could you imagine Rogers and Jackson clogging the middle? That's like 800 lbs

I'll be happy if and when he signs... I've heard that he is techically still under contract and the Phins and Colts are very interested as well.

Any news on Shaun Rogers? I'm hearing hes none to happy with Cleveland or Mangini and would like to come back to Detroit. I for one would be all for it. Could you imagine Rogers and Jackson clogging the middle? That's like 800 lbs

I wouldn't mind seeing Rogers back in a Lions uni. However if they are going to go that route, I would much rather see them go after a guy like Glenn Dorsey. I've been hearing rumors that KC would like to move him because he doesn't fit their new 3-4 scheme. I'm not sure what it would take but it would be one heck of a move.

Sounds like the Steelers and Lions were talking about him before the draft. Wonder how much those talks influenced the Lion choices.

I'm sure Foote's got a bonus coming that the Steelers don't want to pay.

Hard to imagine any team trying to trade for him once he has come out publically and said he wants to play for Detroit. I would not work a trade for a guy to come to my team who doesnt want to be here. Now if the Lions, for some dumb reason, dont want him or dont sign him then Im sure he would go elsewhere. He has made it VERY obvious that he wants to come here.

Hard to imagine any team trying to trade for him once he has come out publically and said he wants to play for Detroit. I would not work a trade for a guy to come to my team who doesnt want to be here. Now if the Lions, for some dumb reason, dont want him or dont sign him then Im sure he would go elsewhere. He has made it VERY obvious that he wants to come here.

True, but he's now said Detroit is his first choice, not his only choice. I don't think that means he absolutely wouldn't go anywhere else.

It makes it more likely for a trade. If a team wants him they know they have to trade for him to get him, if they hold out for him to be cut they are going to miss out to Detroit.

Is it possible for Floria to write one "article" mentioning Detroit without being a total douchebag? Doesn't seem like it.

Look..they were 0-16 and to a football journalist, the Lions are the equivilant of the clown car in the circus..sadly they have earned the scarlett letter..deal with it..

When they stop being operated like someone's toy and demostrate one iota of professionalism..maybe they will EARN some respect.

It makes it more likely for a trade. If a team wants him they know they have to trade for him to get him, if they hold out for him to be cut they are going to miss out to Detroit.

Exactly, and that kind of makes what the Steelers are doing seem pretty smart. Reports leaked that he was released & Detroit was all over him. Now the Steelers have put the brakes on his release & are holding him "hostage" hoping they can get something from other teams for him before just releasing him & getting nothing.

Spot on sir! I think the Steelers are loving that the Foote to Detroit rumors are flying round. It gives them one last chance to get something for him... possibly a late round draft pick or another player at a position of need (ala the Kitna to Dallas trade). If no one bites they'll simply cut him as they planned... lets keep our fingers crossed.

Why would the Lions offer a 7th rounder after he was released?

He wasn't released. Since I'm fairly certain the Lions don't count on Len Pasta-belly to inform then of personnel moves, I think they offered a 7th rounder to guarantee they'd get him at his current salary with no future bonus money owed.