Motor City Sonics

Its Wings Vs. Ducks......

Ok Mac. Hahaha. Obviously your very sure of yourself aren't you?

no, not at all. in fact Anaheim could very well beat us. But it worked in round 1, so lets keep going with what worked :wink:

no, not at all. in fact Anaheim could very well beat us. But it worked in round 1, so lets keep going with what worked :wink:

Glad you finally came to your senses.

Glad you finally came to your senses.

still think we win :ninja:

should be a good series, my favorite non-wing is on Anaheim (James Wisniewski)

still think we win :ninja:

should be a good series, my favorite non-wing is on Anaheim (James Wisniewski)

Former Blackhawk woot :happy:

I seem to remember a story behind that

Former Blackhawk woot :happy:

I seem to remember a story behind that

from my hometown and went to my highschool. my sister had some classes with him. Too bad he has been on the blackhawks and ducks (2 teams I dont particularly care for) or Id have a Wisniewski jersey by now.

Good that you hold to your beliefs. However, I'm simply expressing concerns. And you making the effort in drumming up comments I made at the end of the regular season, when the WINGS efforts (for whatever reason) was disappointing and somewhat troubling, may have gone a bit over the top.

I agree that what worked in the Columbus series is fine and dandy. I'm just saying Columbus was a gravy train, and I'm not yet convinced the Wings solved their D issues. I guess we'll have to see. May the best team win. And I am solidly behind the Red Wings advancing in this next round. It will be an interesting series.

Has anyone confirmed whether or not Osgood has in fact suffered an injury of any kind in game 4 against Columbus. There was some scuttle-butt of that in the GDT, gut I didn't read or see anything printed or otherwise after-wards to support that contention.

If he was hurt, I hope he's healed enough and back up to his usual self for the start of the war with Anaheim. Otherwise we have Conklin? Hmmmm. Not good.

Has anyone confirmed whether or not Osgood has in fact suffered an injury of any kind in game 4 against Columbus. There was some scuttle-butt of that in the GDT, gut I didn't read or see anything printed or otherwise after-wards to support that contention.

If he was hurt, I hope he's healed enough and back up to his usual self for the start of the war with Anaheim. Otherwise we have Conklin? Hmmmm. Not good.

from the man himself

While he was playing coy, Osgood looks like the Wing who could benefit most from the rest. He appeared to injure his left leg in a goalmouth collision in Thursday’s first-round clincher against Columbus. His movement after the incident was laboured.

“No,” said Osgood when asked if he was injured. “I feel pretty good, I feel fine.”

http://www.ottawacitizen.com/Wings+welcome+extended+layoff+after+sweep+Jackets/1532137/story.html

Easier as in Anaheim. As I think I've expressed over the past few days, Anaheim is no Columbus. And again, I have no crystal ball, I only wish to present or more realistic view. Of course, my allegiance is and will always be with the home town team, I have a few concerns. And yes, this is only after having watched the Ducks in action against the Sharks. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to view, but only one, of Red Wings V Jackets series. I was just a little disheartened about the goal melee by the Jackets in the 4th game, which ended 6-5. Thank goodness Franzen became the hero that game. Just Causes me some concerns, as I've said.

Easier as in Anaheim. As I think I've expressed over the past few days, Anaheim is no Columbus. And again, I have no crystal ball, I only wish to present or more realistic view. Of course, my allegiance is and will always be with the home town team, I have a few concerns. And yes, this is only after having watched the Ducks in action against the Sharks. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to view, but only one, of Red Wings V Jackets series. I was just a little disheartened about the goal melee by the Jackets in the 4th goal. Causes me some concerns, as I've said.

The second round of the playoffs is supposed to be harder than the first. We never trailed in round one. I think its going to be a tougher series, it would be hard not to be. Still think they win, Id rather face Anaheim than Vancouver and for a second round playoff matchup Im not anymore more scared of Anaheim than a usual 2nd round opponent.

Why Anaheim over Vancouver? Having the benefit of history here, i.e. Vancover over StL and Det over CBS (sweeps), I have to question why many on here considers ANA a better matchup (vis-a-vi Vancouver) in the second Is it Luongo? If that's the case, and you adhere to the WINGS superior offensive talent (which they have), then Luongo, in my estimation does not seem to me as much a factor or difference. What you say?

Why Anaheim over Vancouver? Having the benefit of history here, i.e. Vancover over StL and Det over CBS (sweeps), I have to question why many on here considers ANA a better matchup (vis-a-vi Vancouver) in the second Is it Luongo? If that's the case, and you adhere to the WINGS superior offensive talent (which they have), then Luongo, in my estimation does not seem to me to be the difference. What you say?

Luongo is the kind of goalie that can take over a series IMO. The offense of Vancouver is as good as Anaheim's IMO. In the regular season Vancouver was average PK team and Anaheim was below average. Anaheim is also a more undisciplined team and takes more penalties, giving our PP more opportunities(although its closer than I originally thought). Hiller is in his first playoff run so I dont think he is as likely to keep it up. Like I said no matter who you play, the 2nd round is going to be tough.

Luongo is the kind of goalie that can take over a series IMO. The offense of Vancouver is as good as Anaheim's IMO. In the regular season Vancouver was average PK team and Anaheim was below average. Anaheim is also a more undisciplined team and takes more penalties, giving our PP more opportunities(although its closer than I originally thought). Hiller is in his first playoff run so I dont think he is as likely to keep it up. Like I said no matter who you play, the 2nd round is going to be tough.

Agreed. The only variable here is that its The PLAY-OFFS (emphasis being on regular season stats). I've said it already, and I'll say it again ------- The Wings may WALTZ thru this series with the ANIMALHEIM D*i*C K s...anything is possible. I'm behind the RED WINGS solidly. I have some concerns about the WINGS D & their guy between the pipes holdingup against a very capable and very determined opponent in the second and third rounds. If I'm wrong, then good. I am going to eat crow for awhile. I will still relish the Wings advancing to the 3rd and final round.:beard:

and oh yes. While Luongo, and even Hiller may do so. Osgood, IMO (nor does Conklin) DOES NOT appear to be a goalie that can TAKE OVER a SERIES, at least not based on the past couple of months.

Sorry Osgood fans heehehe

and oh yes. While Luongo, and even Hiller may do so. Osgood, IMO (nor does Conklin) DOES NOT appear to be a goalie that can TAKE OVER a SERIES, at least not based on the past couple of months.

Sorry Osgood fans heehehe

Mack ... you must have fallen asleep .. hahah.. Fair weather Red Wings fan ..:bandit:

Are we really getting worked up over the Ducks?

Look - its the play-offs. Any team can win a series. In general, the deeper a team goes in the play-offs, the tougher the task gets. Every team in the play-offs have players that can beat you / have a great series.

Anahiem presents the Red Wings a challenge. That stated, EVERY team left presents the Red Wings a challenge. If Detroit ended up getting Vancouver, one could just as easy pull out one's hair fretting about the prospect of facing Luongo et al.

If the Wings want to win the cup, they have to beat all comers. It is as simple as that. They have enough talent to beat the Ducks, so it comes down to execution. I don't see how Anahiem makes it significantly more difficult for the Wings to execute than other teams left in the play-offs.

Quick Rant: Games 3 & 4 are 10:30 starts. Thanks a lot NHL!

I'm sure they considered for about 2 seconds how inconvienient this is for Red Wings fans, the majority of whom will be up past 1:00 in the morning if they want to follow their team.

I don't know why the Wings and their fans are constantly **** on by the league. Maybe it's because they take us for granted that we'll always be here.

So hang on, Skyguy, you think Hiller vs. Osgood is edge Anaheim?!?! A 27-year old Swiss at the end of his 1st full NHL season. After years toiling in the Swiss league until 2007-2008. Put up decent but not spectacular numbers this regular season and didn't win his team's starting job until later in the year. One series makes him Ken Dryden?

So hang on, Skyguy, you think Hiller vs. Osgood is edge Anaheim?!?! A 27-year old Swiss at the end of his 1st full NHL season. After years toiling in the Swiss league until 2007-2008. Put up decent but not spectacular numbers this regular season and didn't win his team's starting job until later in the year. One series makes him Ken Dryden?

Hiller played great in the first round, but San Jose doesn't have a Holmstrom or Franzen and they weren't willing to sacrifice their bodies going to the net like Cleary, Hudler and just about any other Wing is willing to do.......

Quick Rant: Games 3 & 4 are 10:30 starts. Thanks a lot NHL!

I'm sure they considered for about 2 seconds how inconvienient this is for Red Wings fans, the majority of whom will be up past 1:00 in the morning if they want to follow their team.

I don't know why the Wings and their fans are constantly **** on by the league. Maybe it's because they take us for granted that we'll always be here.

Would 30 minutes really make a difference?

The Game 3 and Game 4 starting times allow for TV doubleheaders following Chicago-Vancouver. Even if it wasn't for that, I'm sure Ducks ticket-holders would have been as upset by an early start time as Canuck fans are about Thursday night's 6pm local time start to the Chicago series in Vancouver.