Motor City Sonics

Its Wings Vs. Ducks......

Man, I can't see Vancouver or Chicago playing at the level Anaheim played against San Jose. Hope the Ducks will feel a letdown and then Homer & Mule & Cleary can crash the net and introduce Hiller to real playoff hockey.

Man, I can't see Vancouver or Chicago playing at the level Anaheim played against San Jose. Hope the Ducks will feel a letdown and then Homer & Mule & Cleary can crash the net and introduce Hiller to real playoff hockey.

You know L.S. I feel the same way. I've been surprised, to say the least, how well ANA played against the Sharks. Shut them down almost completely.

I must admit, I have some concerns for the 2nd round with Detroit. I hope the Wings are looking at game videos.

2nd Round -- Animalheim. :beard:

I'm just hoping for a Wings Vs. Blackhawks Western Conference Finals.

I'd love to see a new revamped rivalry with the Blackhawks, like we had with Colorado back in the day. Plus, with Chicago being in our division, I think it would make it that much better.

If the Wings can beat the Ducks, the 3rd round will be dream matchup for me either way. Either Wings-Canucks right in my backyard, or an Original Six matchup in Wings-Hawks.

Anaheim has been on fire ever since the end of the regular season. I'm glad the Sharks are gone, but I'm kinda nervous about this team.

Anaheim has been on fire ever since the end of the regular season. I'm glad the Sharks are gone, but I'm kinda nervous about this team.

Isn't that what great playoff hockey is all about?

They really did handle SJ easily, which is surprising. Perry/Getzlaf/Ryan is a scary threat right now.

They really did handle SJ easily, which is surprising. Perry/Getzlaf/Ryan is a scary threat right now.

But I'd rather be in Mike Babcock's position to try to figure out how to stop Perry/Getzlaf/Ryan rather than in Randy Carlyle's position to try to figure out how to stop Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Hossa, Franzen, Holmstrom, Lidstrom, and Hudler.

Game 1: @ Detroit Friday May 1, 7PM ET

Game 2: @ Detroit Sunday May 3, 2PM ET

Games 3-7: TBA

Ha, I'm running a marathon at 7:30AM PT (10:30AM ET) Sunday morning. Will need to hustle through 26+ miles, the post-race stuff, and find my way home in time to catch a decent portion of Game 2.

Game 1: @ Detroit Friday May 1, 7PM ET

Game 2: @ Detroit Sunday May 3, 2PM ET

Games 3-7: TBA

Ha, I'm running a marathon at 7:30AM PT (10:30AM ET) Sunday morning. Will need to hustle through 26+ miles, the post-race stuff, and find my way home in time to catch a decent portion of Game 2.

Hey man, just wondering where you saw this and if it said who would be broadcasting it in Canada? I'm guessing TSN.

Hey man, just wondering where you saw this and if it said who would be broadcasting it in Canada? I'm guessing TSN.

http://redwings.nhl.com/team/app/?service=page&page=NHLPage&id=31609

Not sure if it will be CBC or TSN covering it. CBC will take the Canucks-Hawks, but not sure if that means their other series needs to be from the Eastern Conference.

Their goalie is the scariest duck of all.

Don't worry Wings fans, sure Ahaheim has been playing really good hockey as of late, but I still think Detroit can win this series in 6.

I dont think Anaheim played so great as much as San Jose played so badly...Do you think the Ducks can take penalties like they did and still beat the Wings...?? Last year the Wings played four goalies that for all sorts of reasons they werent ggoing to be able to beat...they all became road kill.....Sharks just plan missed a lot of shots last night...

Friday, May 1  	        at Detroit, 7:00 p.m.  	VERSUS, TSN2
Sunday, May 3 at Detroit, 2:00 p.m. NBC, TSN
Tuesday, May 5 at Anaheim, 10:30 p.m. VERSUS, TSN
Thursday, May 7 at Anaheim, 10:30 p.m. VERSUS, TSN
*Sunday, May 10 at Detroit, 5:00 p.m. TSN
*Tuesday, May 12 at Anaheim, TBD VERSUS, TSN
*Thursday, May 14 at Detroit, TBD VERSUS, TSN

Friday, May 1  	        at Detroit, 7:00 p.m.  	VERSUS, TSN2
Sunday, May 3 at Detroit, 2:00 p.m. NBC, TSN
Tuesday, May 5 at Anaheim, 10:30 p.m. VERSUS, TSN
Thursday, May 7 at Anaheim, 10:30 p.m. VERSUS, TSN
*Sunday, May 10 at Detroit, 5:00 p.m. TSN
*Tuesday, May 12 at Anaheim, TBD VERSUS, TSN
*Thursday, May 14 at Detroit, TBD VERSUS, TSN

So Game 5 starts at 5am local time in Taipei, which is where I'll be, starting then through Game 7. That will be memorable.

But I'd rather be in Mike Babcock's position to try to figure out how to stop Perry/Getzlaf/Ryan rather than in Randy Carlyle's position to try to figure out how to stop Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Hossa, Franzen, Holmstrom, Lidstrom, and Hudler.

yes, but you have to factor in Osgood vs. hiller ..... I know, I know, i'm going to hear the wrath of many a Osgood supporter ..... But I'll stand by my comment. I'm not convinced yet .... guess we'll have to wait and see.:speech:

Columbus was a gravy train. I'm not so sure yet of Anaheim. And I understand this is a Red Wing board. But as someone else said previously, I'm also a nervous nellie. Not saying the Wings are out classed yet, just a little nervous. But I love playoff hockey, and that's the bottom line. May the best man Win.

I dont think Anaheim played so great as much as San Jose played so badly...Do you think the Ducks can take penalties like they did and still beat the Wings...?? Last year the Wings played four goalies that for all sorts of reasons they werent ggoing to be able to beat...they all became road kill.....Sharks just plan missed a lot of shots last night...

To your first question: No, obviously they can't with the first rate PP demonstrated by the Red Wings..

My question to you is this: Do you think the Ducks will adhere to the same game plan they had against the #1 seeded (so-called) Sharks?

My major concern is this: The WINGS are decidedly an offensive team, but having said this, the Defense (at least at times during this regular season) has absolutely SUCKED big time. This includes their net minding. Does anyone out there really think Osgood is now (even considering his good performance against a marginal Columbus squad) is OK with the world?

Well, I for one am not convinced. This is just food for thought, comments and reactions.

I must admit, I have some concerns for the 2nd round with Detroit. I hope the Wings are looking at game videos.

yes, but you have to factor in Osgood vs. hiller ..... I know, I know, i'm going to hear the wrath of many a Osgood supporter ..... But I'll stand by my comment. I'm not convinced yet .... guess we'll have to wait and see.

Columbus was a gravy train. I'm not so sure yet of Anaheim. And I understand this is a Red Wing board. But as someone else said previously, I'm also a nervous nellie. Not saying the Wings are out classed yet, just a little nervous. But I love playoff hockey, and that's the bottom line. May the best man Win.

it wouldnt be a playoff series without skyguy being nervous and thinking we lose :cool:

from end of season

At this point sports fan, I will be surprised if the WINGS make it out of the first round, regardless who they play.

Given their play of late, especially their defensive effort and goal tending, I have no problem holding to my comments. I just don't buy into the argument that the WINGS are losing to "hungrier" teams, and no need to worry -- The WINGS effort will improve in the playoffs. I seen no "lack of effort" on the Wings last nite. What I did see were costly mistakes, turnovers, missed opportunities. Again, I hope I'm wrong, but if the Wings continue to play like they have lately, I believe they are beatable in the first round. Doesn't matter who they play either, Animal-heim, St.Louis or Nashville.

No way are the Wings ready .... to take on a first round opponent.

No Sireeee... Animalheim, ST Louis or Nashville ... doesn't matter.

it wouldnt be a playoff series without skyguy being nervous and thinking we lose :cool:

from end of season

Ok Mac. Hahaha. Obviously your very sure of yourself aren't you?