http://www.hoopsworld.com/HeadlineStories.asp?lc=NBA&c=1&TEAM_ID=&PLAYER_ID=&hd=20090608#STORY_19369

Ben Gordon Being Courted by Olympiakos?

Ben Gordon(1.91-PG/SG) is rumored to have been offered to Olympiakos by his agent and this is something that is being confirmed by a plenty of greek sports portals, redplanet.gr and gazzetta.gr to name a few. This sets a new spin on the transfer targets of Olympiakos because Ben Gordon has a british passport.

Knicks' David Lee will draw interest | Freep.com | Detroit Free Press

Knicks' David Lee will draw interest

A short note in Sunday's Boston Globe said the New York Knicks are "trying to work out a sign-and-trade for power forward David Lee in a cost-cutting move."

Advertisement

And since Lee, picked 30th by the Knicks in the 2005 draft, is an athletic frontcourt player coming off a career-best season, it figures the Pistons would be interested.

The Knicks are considered to be one of the teams angling to have a lot of salary-cap space for the summer of 2010 when the highly touted free-agent class of LeBron James, Dwyane Wade, Chris Bosh and Amare Stoudemire are among the players expected to hit the market.

So it makes sense that the Knicks would pass on giving Lee, who made just over $1.7 million last season, a big raise for averaging 16 points and 11.7 rebounds.

Lee, 6-feet-9 and 240 pounds, is an active frontcourt presence who is in constant motion, grabbing offensive rebounds and being an outright pest.

In a game against the Golden State Warriors in November, Lee, who played at Florida, set career highs with 37 points and 21 boards.

It was the first 30-20 game in regulation for the Knicks since Hall of Famer Patrick Ewing had 36 points and 21 rebounds against Philadelphia on Jan. 23, 1994.

Hard for us to do a sign and trade with them. I think our only expiring deal is Amir and thats under $4 million. Lee will get at least $8 million I imagine, so we would have to add players to make it work. I doubt NY wants to take on salary.

Hard for us to do a sign and trade with them. I think our only expiring deal is Amir and thats under $4 million. Lee will get at least $8 million I imagine, so we would have to add players to make it work. I doubt NY wants to take on salary.

After thinking about it, I think a sign and trade would work with Amir. Lee will get a huge raise, so that would make him a BYC player. Meaning only half of his contract would count against the cap. So even if he signed for $10 million, his cap space in a trade would only be $5 million. Easily doable with Amirs contract.

Wouldn't mind Lee. He's a great rebounder, hustle player, and he actually understands what the "Roll" part of "Pick and Roll" means.

I would love to see us go after Gortat. He smells of bargain to me. He's a true Center, that plays hard, rebounds, has good hands, and a nice touch around the basket. He's adds a big body in the paint that can block shots. Plus, at age 25, his game is still growing (12 foot jumpshot needed). I think he can be had at a good price (5 mil or so), making him a steal even as a 25 minute a night 6th man from that position.

RealGM: Basketball Wiretap Archives: Pistons Could Turn To Turkoglu With Cap Space

Pistons Could Turn To Turkoglu With Cap Space

Reports have suggested the Pistons will be interested in Ben Gordon, Carlos Boozer and Paul Millsap this summer, but they could also make a play for Hedu Turkoglu.

Turkoglu is most likely to remain in Orlando, but could be lured away if a team with cap space offers a better deal.

Terry Pluto's Talkin' ... about Rasheed | Terry's Talkin' Sports - cleveland.com

Cavs Will Be In Market For Rasheed

Guess what? The Cavs may have an interest in Wallace on a short deal. They need more size, and they'd like a big man who can shoot. At 6-11, Wallace can defend when the mood strikes him. He remains a good shooter. He will be 35 in September, and seemed distracted in his final season with the Pistons, yet still averaged 12 points and 7.4 rebounds. He has some nagging injuries, but one theory is coming to a contending team in the same division as Detroit could inspire him. Cavs assistant John Kuester was with the Pistons and Wallace for a few years and likes the power forward/center.

I guess if the writers make an article about single free agent available in connection with Detroit, they'll have to right on one of their guesses, right? I can't wait until July 1st when writers can stop speculating on things with no evidence and start writing the news.

It will be an especially bad year for the Pistons and rumors. With all that cap space, every agent on earth will want to link his player to the Pistons in order to drive up his price.

Wouldn't mind Lee. He's a great rebounder, hustle player, and he actually understands what the "Roll" part of "Pick and Roll" means.

I would love to see us go after Gortat. He smells of bargain to me. He's a true Center, that plays hard, rebounds, has good hands, and a nice touch around the basket. He's adds a big body in the paint that can block shots. Plus, at age 25, his game is still growing (12 foot jumpshot needed). I think he can be had at a good price (5 mil or so), making him a steal even as a 25 minute a night 6th man from that position.

Is it true that Lee doesn't play defense? The scouting report on him seems to be he rebounds and plays hard but he doesn't have much skill level on offense and doesn't play much defense. I can live with his shortcomings on offense but I would hate to sign a guy who doesn't play defense. Maybe getting him out of New York would help.

I agree about Gortat but I do worry about signing him to a multi-year deal and then finding out he is the next Nazr Mohammad. That is the risk you have to take with centers though because there are so few of them out there. He does seem to be an upgrade over Kwame.

Is it true that Lee doesn't play defense? The scouting report on him seems to be he rebounds and plays hard but he doesn't have much skill level on offense and doesn't play much defense. I can live with his shortcomings on offense but I would hate to sign a guy who doesn't play defense. Maybe getting him out of New York would help.

I agree about Gortat but I do worry about signing him to a multi-year deal and then finding out he is the next Nazr Mohammad. That is the risk you have to take with centers though because there are so few of them out there. He does seem to be an upgrade over Kwame.

I found this from some guy at Bleacher Report. This is just a one game evaluation. I'm just posting about his defense. Click the link to read about his offense and rebounding.

David Lee's Lack Of D Is All-Star Voters' Defense | Bleacher Report

Defense

It’s this end of the floor where Lee struggles.

Because D’Antoni has the Knicks switch every screen, Lee was often stuck on the perimeter guarding Andre Miller and Andre Iguodala. Lee too much respect to Iguodala’s drives, allowing AI to shoot over Lee, while Lee bit hard on a Miller pump fake and fouled him 19 feet from the basket.

Even when Lee was defending his own man, he made no effort to contest a Samuel Dalembert 18-footer (understandable considering Dalembert’s inconsistent jumper), and was left dizzy by a Thaddeus Young cross over.

Lee sometimes made effective hard shows and recoveries on screen/rolls, but when he wasn’t showing, he was in no-man’s land, giving up too much room to rhythm jump shooters.

Lee’s most egregious off-ball defensive mistake was sagging too hard off Young who was at the top of the key, and paying too much attention to Miller with the ball at the left wing. An up-screen from Young for Speights allowed for an uncontested alley-oop with Lee nowhere in the area.

Also, because Lee is New York’s de facto center, yet isn’t a shot blocker, the Sixers had no troubles attacking Lee’s help defense and registering scores of layups.

Lee does work hard, but more consistency is needed by Lee on this end of the court to truly be an all-star.

Sounds like the defensive system put him at a disadvantage. Asking him to guard players on the wing is probably not that hot of an idea. Regardless, his blocked shots stat is crazy low (.3 per game). They did say he worked hard though. To me, that is mostly what defense is about. If he is willing to work hard, a good coach should be able to put him in the right system and get a good performance out of him

I found this from some guy at Bleacher Report. This is just a one game evaluation. I'm just posting about his defense. Click the link to read about his offense and rebounding.

David Lee's Lack Of D Is All-Star Voters' Defense | Bleacher Report

Sounds like the defensive system put him at a disadvantage. Asking him to guard players on the wing is probably not that hot of an idea. Regardless, his blocked shots stat is crazy low (.3 per game). They did say he worked hard though. To me, that is mostly what defense is about. If he is willing to work hard, a good coach should be able to put him in the right system and get a good performance out of him

Lee certainly did not get a lot of help in New York. Playing next to Curry, Wilcox, and Harrington is not going to give you a lot of help defensively. I think if you put him next to a good defensive center like Chandler or Gortat, he might do a lot better.

After thinking about it, I think a sign and trade would work with Amir. Lee will get a huge raise, so that would make him a BYC player. Meaning only half of his contract would count against the cap. So even if he signed for $10 million, his cap space in a trade would only be $5 million. Easily doable with Amirs contract.

With our cap space, couldn't we just do even a draft pick trade for Lee (if NY would accept of course). We have the cap space to make any trade without giving back equal contracts, so if all NY wants is draft picks and Amir, we could do it. (Don't know if they would take that though.)

With our cap space, couldn't we just do even a draft pick trade for Lee (if NY would accept of course). We have the cap space to make any trade without giving back equal contracts, so if all NY wants is draft picks and Amir, we could do it. (Don't know if they would take that though.)

Good point.

correct, because of their cap space matching contracts is not necessary..To essentially acquire Lee for 5.5-6MM in gross cap expenditure would be solid

I think I would play poker with the Knicks. They don't want him back. Sign him to an offer sheet and I bet they don't match. Saves a draft pick.

RealGM: Basketball Wiretap Archives: Boozer: Contract Status Is Up To Jazz

Boozer: Contract Status Is Up To Jazz

Carlos Boozer suggested on Monday that he still hasn't decided if he'll opt out of the final year of his contract with the Jazz.

The statement, which was made on ESPN's "Jim Rome is Burning," is contrary to what he told ESPN.com back in December.

"I want to make the best decision we can, obviously," Boozer said. "Do my homework, do my due diligence and on June 30th I'll decide either to opt in or opt out."

Boozer said back in December that he was definitely going to opt out, but now appears to be putting the ball in Utah's court.

"Yeah," he said if wanting to remain in Utah. "I mean, obviously, I put the ball in their court. You know, I told them I wanted to be there – and we'll see how they respond, and how they approach me."

I think I would play poker with the Knicks. They don't want him back. Sign him to an offer sheet and I bet they don't match. Saves a draft pick.

Del..they dont want the pick..they are trying to manage cap space..the idea is to add a player and the 1.35MM the pick represents. Then the cap cost is reduced. They would rather use 2nd rounders who are not guaranteed money.

Del..they dont want the pick..they are trying to manage cap space..the idea is to add a player and the 1.35MM the pick represents. Then the cap cost is reduced. They would rather use 2nd rounders who are not guaranteed money.

I understand that. But NY is not going to be asking for a 1st rounder. They want the extra cap space more then Detroit does. So they will be asking for a second rounder. Sign him to the offer sheet and save the pick.

I understand that. But NY is not going to be asking for a 1st rounder. They want the extra cap space more then Detroit does. So they will be asking for a second rounder. Sign him to the offer sheet and save the pick.

We shall see..they may want the #15 to package with #8 so they can move up..Time will tell..I'm not a huge Lee fan, but for 5MM I am interested.

Edited by sportz4life

..I'm not a hug Lee fan, but for 5MM I am interested.
My thoughts as well. I'd even be interestested for closer to $8 mil.

RealGM: Basketball Wiretap Archives: Reports Of Cavs Chasing Wallace Untrue?

Reports Of Cavs Chasing Wallace Untrue?

There were reports on Monday that the Cavaliers were chasing free-agent Rasheed Wallace.

However, Brian Windhorst of the Cleveland Plain Dealer points out that rumors of a two-year, $20 million contract are false.

The Cavaliers do not have the salary cap space to make such a deal, and the free agent negotiating period doesn't begin until July 1.

Another report linked Cleveland to Zach Randolph in a "sign-and-trade," but the Clippers big man isn't a free agent.

Well, that all sounds familiar.

RealGM: Basketball Wiretap Archives: Childress Not Expected Back To NBA For 2009-10 Season

Childress Not Expected Back To NBA For 2009-10 Season

Three separate sources have informed the Atlanta Journal-Constitution that Josh Childress is not expected to return to the NBA for the 2009-10 season.

The dynamics of his situation in the NBA haven’t changed from last summer. He’s still a restricted free agent and would be subject to dealing with a Hawks organization that couldn’t get a deal done with him last summer.

“I don’t know why he would come back,” a Western Conference scout told me. “There’s so much uncertainty in the league this summer. Teams are holding back because of the economy and plotting for the summer of 2010. Plus, he’s still bound by restricted free agency, which means he can’t really come back and shop around for the best situation. If the Hawks didn’t get a deal done with him last summer I don’t see any way they get one done now. No way.”

Bummer, I would have liked the Pistons to go after him. Doubtful Atlanta could/would match an offer.

Can anyone here with ESPN Insider confirm they are reporting Dallas is trading Josh Howard to the Wizards for the #5 pick?

Obviously Washington would have to send back some salary if true.