I've already made my thoughts on the Max vs Davis debate. But, now when you factor in salary, then Davis' potential value would be higher. Davis won't be an overpayment at $3 million. Max is an overpayment at $5 million a year for the amount of years he is locked up.

I totally missed the boat on my initial analysis of the Maxiell extention.

I thought it was an OK move then, but now I see it was unnecessary, and Max is being overpaid for a relatively long time.

Not that it matters much, but its slow around here.

Report: Trent Plaisted to play in Croatia | Detroit Free Press | Freep.com

Report: Trent Plaisted to play in Croatia

The San Antonio Express-News reported last week that Trent Plaisted -- the Pistons' second-round draft pick in 2008 -- signed to play with BC Zadar in Croatia.

Previous reports said the 6-foot-11 center from Brigham Young had signed with an Italian team (Reggio Emilia), but he was actually negotiating with both teams.

The Pistons planned to evaluate Plaisted overseas last season, and he signed with another Italian team. After two games, he suffered a season-ending back injury.

He played with the Pistons' summer-league team last month in Las Vegas -- his first organized basketball since the injury.

He was in shape, but he didn't get much playing time as the Pistons wanted to get good looks at 2009 draftees Austin Daye, DaJuan Summers and Jonas Jerebko in the frontcourt. Plaisted, 22, started three games and played in all five. He averaged 3.0 points and 2.8 rebounds in 11.4 minutes.

Since he missed most of last season, the Pistons would like to evaluate him over a full year as they still hold his draft rights.

At BYU, Plaisted averaged 15.6 points and 7.7 rebounds in his junior year before entering the NBA draft.

I hope Plaisted's problems this summer still had to do with his injury. He was a big stiff in the summer league, I expected to see more from him.

RealGM: Basketball Wiretap Archives: Milano Announces Signing Of Alex Acker

Milano Announces Signing Of Alex Acker

Armani Jeans Milano has announced the signing of forward Alex Acker.

Acker finished last season with the Clippers, averaging 3.5 points and 1.2 rebounds per game in 12 appearances.

He already has experience playing in Europe.

RealGM: Basketball Wiretap Archives: Rubio Signs With Regal Barcelona, Affordable Buyout In 2011

Rubio Signs With Regal Barcelona, Affordable Buyout In 2011

Ricky Rubio, the 5th pick of the Minnesota Timberwolves in this year's draft, has agreed to terms on a contract with Regal Barcelona.

The Spanish team will pay a buyout of 3.7 million Euros, approximately $5.3 million, to Rubio's previous team, Joventut.

Rubio will sign a six-year agreement that contains an affordable buyout in 2011.

Does this mean that he's not coming to America this year?

Yep.

NBA teams are a bit handcuffed because they can only pay $500,000 of a players buyout. I guess European teams have no limit since this new team just paid $5.3 million for him.

It looks like he wont be coming over here until 2011 at the earliest.

Yep.

NBA teams are a bit handcuffed because they can only pay $500,000 of a players buyout. I guess European teams have no limit since this new team just paid $5.3 million for him.

It looks like he wont be coming over here until 2011 at the earliest.

I guess it's a good thing that Minny drafted 7 PG's then huh? :lick:

Grizzlies make offer to Iverson

By Chris Sheridan

ESPN.com

Updated: August 26, 2009, 8:49 PM ET

Allen Iverson twittered again Wednesday, saying the Grizzlies have made him an offer -- and Memphis says it's true.

Grizzlies general manager Chris Wallace told ESPN.com Wednesday night that negotiations between the sides have heated up to the point where the Grizzlies have made their first formal offer.

"We're heading into the home stretch before the season, and we have had interest in Allen all summer," Wallace said. "We've been in touch on a fairly consistent basis and had dialogue with his agent, Leon Rose, since the beginning of free agency."

Iverson is one of the most high profile, unrestricted free agents remaining on the market, and there were reports in recent days that he was leaning hardest toward reuniting with his old coach, Larry Brown, with the Charlotte Bobcats.

But the Bobcats are for sale and are under severe financial constraints, and Iverson's other strongest suitor -- the Miami Heat -- is already more than $3 million into luxury tax territory and has not been willing thus far to make Iverson a substantial financial offer.

Memphis is approximately $3.5 million under the salary cap for the 2009-10 season and thus could easily outbid Charlotte and Miami for the services of the 10-time All-Star, whom Grizzlies owner Michael Heisley sees as a strong gate attraction.

Wallace would not disclose the size of the offer or what kind of a time table he is on.

"We'll probably add another guard at some point, but we don't need to rush to do it," Wallace said.

Iverson played in only 57 games between Denver and Detroit last season due to injury and averaged a career-low 17.5 points per game.

Chris Sheridan covers the NBA for ESPN Insider.

RealGM: Basketball Wiretap Archives: Rubio To Stay In Spain Two More Years

Rubio To Stay In Spain Two More Years

A high-level source told Yahoo! Sports that Ricky Rubio will sign a six-year contract to remain in Spain. The contract will give Rubio the ability to join the NBA after the 2010-11 season.

Timberwolves' GM David Kahn had been pushing to facilitate a deal that would allow Rubio to join the Wolves for the upcoming season.

But on Monday, Regal of Barcelona agreed to terms with Rubio after working out a buyout of Rubio's contract with DKV Jovenut.

Seems like thats about the 5th time he has signed a new deal.

He hasn't even played a game in the NBA yet, but I'm already almost as sick of him & his staying/going contract talks as I have been with Favre the past couple years....

PISTONS: Replacing Rasheed

Last week we told you that the extra point guard the Pistons intended to bring to camp was Baylor’s undrafted Curtis Jerrells. The extra big man to be brought in will be Maceo Baston, a 1998 second-rounder out of Michigan who’s spent four seasons, including the last three, in the NBA sandwiched around a successful career in Europe. Baston was with the Indiana Pacers last season.

RealGM: Basketball Wiretap Archives: Sessions And Wolves Agree To Terms

Sessions And Wolves Agree To Terms

Restricted free-agent Ramon Sessions and the Minnesota Timberwolves have agreed to an offer sheet at around $4 million per year over four years. The fourth season will be a player option.

Chris Sheridan reports that weeks ago, Sessions decided to hold off on committing to the Knicks in the hopes of a new team emerging.

The Bucks will have seven days to decide whether or not to match the terms of the Wolves' offer sheet to Sessions.

RealGM: Basketball Wiretap Archives: Iverson: Deal Done With Grizzlies

Iverson: Deal Done With Grizzlies

Allen Iverson says he's now a member of the Grizzlies.

Iverson made comments on his Twitter page Wednesday morning hinting that a deal is done.

"God Chose Memphis as the place that I will continue my career. I met with Mr. Heinsley, Chris Wallace and my next head coach Lionel Hollins," Iverson tweeted.

A few moments later, he wrote: "I feel that they are committed to developing a winner and I know that I can help them to accomplish that. I feel that I can trust them."

Shortly after Iverson's tweets, a league source confirmed to Yahoo! Sports that he has agreed to a one-year deal with Memphis.

I dont think god choose that spot for you, AI. Its just that any team with any serious thought of contending or any team with lots of young impressionable players dont want anything to do with you.

I dont think god choose that spot for you, AI. Its just that any team with any serious thought of contending or any team with lots of young impressionable players dont want anything to do with you.

No need to turn this into that kind of debate.....

If that's what the guy believes, that's fine.

I'm going to be interested in how Memphis uses him, considering they've already got OJ Mayo & Mike Conley.

...Except for Memphis...

Well I was waiting till I could provide a link, but I haven't seen anything official yet.

Today on 97.1 they said Chucky Atkins was getting a non-guaranteed contract for training camp. But like I said, I can't seem to find anything on it yet.

Well I was waiting till I could provide a link, but I haven't seen anything official yet.

Today on 97.1 they said Chucky Atkins was getting a non-guaranteed contract for training camp. But like I said, I can't seem to find anything on it yet.

Stuckey could use the mentoring

Joe D looking out for his friends again. This is dumb but the non-guaranteed part excites me.