Yeah, your numbers are real off. Steal% both are 1.7, Max isn't better as you claimed.

Defensive rating, Max wins by 1. But you also say Max wins offensive rating. Truth is, Davis beats him by a pretty hefty 5 points. 106 to 101.

You also say Max wins on WS and Davis blows him away. Davis is 3.6 while Max is just 1.7.

Jason Maxiell Statistics - Basketball-Reference.com

Glen Davis Statistics - Basketball-Reference.com

Maybe you were looking at the wrong ones or something? Am I looking at the wrong ones? I don't really know what happened.

You can also go here to compare both players first two years.

Player Comparison Finder - Basketball-Reference.com

Here is my post, again.

"His numbers were not necessarily better. Davis would win in win shares. But, Max would have a superior PER, TS%, TRB%, B% and defensive rating. Also, his playoff numbers in the 2008 playoffs are arguably superior to what Davis had this year. PER is basically identical (15.1 to 15.2), but TS%, TRB%, B%, Stl%, offensive and defensive rating all favor Max and win shares is nearly identical (1.1 to 1.3). If those numbers suggest that Davis could be a starter, then does Max have the potential to be a starter?"

-In the regular season, I stated that Max trailed him in win shares but was superior in PER, TS%, TRB%, B% and defensive rating. As far as I can tell, that was accurate. I then broke down the differences in playoff numbers when you compare Max's second year playing in the playoffs (which was last postseason) and the numbers Davis put up this year.

Edited by Scottwood

Here is my post, again.

"His numbers were not necessarily better. Davis would win in win shares. But, Max would have a superior PER, TS%, TRB%, B% and defensive rating. Also, his playoff numbers in the 2008 playoffs are arguably superior to what Davis had this year. PER is basically identical (15.1 to 15.2), but TS%, TRB%, B%, Stl%, offensive and defensive rating all favor Max and win shares is nearly identical (1.1 to 1.3). If those numbers suggest that Davis could be a starter, then does Max have the potential to be a starter?"

-In the regular season, I stated that Max trailed him in win shares but was superior in PER, TS%, TRB%, B% and defensive rating. As far as I can tell, that was accurate. I then broke down the differences in playoff numbers when you compare Max's second year playing in the playoffs (which was last postseason) and the numbers Davis put up this year.

You are missing the best stat to show Max is the better player.

Times caught crying during a game: Davis 1 - Max 0.

RealGM: Basketball Wiretap Archives: Jamaal Tinsley Waived by Indiana Pacers

Jamaal Tinsley Waived by Indiana Pacers

The Indiana Pacers avoided arbitration with disgruntled point guard Jamaal Tinsley. The team officially waived him. After a seven-day waiver period, Tinsley will become an unrestricted free agent.

"This ends a very difficult period for all parties involved," said Larry Bird, President of Basketball, in the statement released by the Pacers. "We are pleased to have this resolved."

No. I had to answer before anyone asked.

You are missing the best stat to show Max is the better player.

Times caught crying during a game: Davis 1 - Max 0.

Big Baby has to be one of the worst nicknames in sports history. Seriously, who would want to have that nickname stick?

Big Baby has to be one of the worst nicknames in sports history. Seriously, who would want to have that nickname stick?

shaun rogers

This made me laugh after the recent discussion regarding Spurs big FA/trade moves.

Theo Ratliff signs with Spurs; add another veteran big man

SAN ANTONIO -- The roster moves continue for the San Antonio Spurs. NBA sources have confirmed to News 4 WOAI's Don Harris that the Spurs have come to an agreement with veteran shot blocker Theo Ratliff.

The 36-year-old center only played in 46 games with Philadelphia last year, averaging about 13 minutes per game. He will be a nice addition as a third center for the Spurs. He can still defend in the low post, and is still a very effective shot blocker who can defend the longer, bigger centers in the west.

Ratliff likely won't play big minutes for the Spurs, but can be an effective back-up if his health holds up. Ratliff is a 14-year NBA veteran who has played with six teams including the Pistons, Hawks, Sixers and Blazers.

Theo Ratliff signs with Spurs; add another veteran big man | WOAI.COM: San Antonio News

This made me laugh after the recent discussion regarding Spurs big FA/trade moves.

Theo Ratliff signs with Spurs; add another veteran big man | WOAI.COM: San Antonio News

What part of third center do you not understand? Thats not even a regular rotation guy. That is someone who will play every third game for 5 minutes. Oh and when he does, he will block a shot or two and play defense. Exactly what you want from someone on the end of the bench.

What part of third center do you not understand? Thats not even a regular rotation guy. That is someone who will play every third game for 5 minutes. Oh and when he does, he will block a shot or two and play defense. Exactly what you want from someone on the end of the bench.

In exactly which part of my post did I say there was anything wrong with it? I was just amused that a few days after a page long argument judging the quality of their FA signings over the years, their next pickup was the Rattler. As for the move itself, I think its fine. I'm sure it'll get Duncan rest and save him from some abuse in the post in the weeks leading up to the playoffs.

But thanks for assuming I didn't know why they signed him. Its always good to have somebody around with such a vast basketball knowledge to point all us peons in the right direction. :disappnt:

In exactly which part of my post did I say there was anything wrong with it? I was just amused that a few days after a page long argument judging the quality of their FA signings over the years, their next pickup was the Rattler. As for the move itself, I think its fine. I'm sure it'll get Duncan rest and save him from some abuse in the post in the weeks leading up to the playoffs.

But thanks for assuming I didn't know why they signed him. Its always good to have somebody around with such a vast basketball knowledge to point all us peons in the right direction. :disappnt:

Sorry about that. With your position in the other thread and in your above post saying it made you laugh, I assumed you thought it was a bad move. I apologize.

Sorry about that. With your position in the other thread and in your above post saying it made you laugh, I assumed you thought it was a bad move. I apologize.

Accepted, thank you.

RealGM: Basketball Wiretap Archives: Report: Knicks Near 5-Year Offer To Sessions

Report: Knicks Near 5-Year Offer To Sessions

Sources tell WAOW in Wisconsin that the Knicks are ready to offer Ramon Sessions a five-year contract.

With a first-season salary around $5.8 million, the Knicks would be using all or nearly all of their mid-level exception.

The Bucks would have seven days to match the offer sheet or let Sessions join the Knicks.

RealGM: Basketball Wiretap Archives: Rumors Of Big Ben's Return To Detroit Grow

Rumors Of Big Ben's Return To Detroit Grow

There is growing speculation that Ben Wallace will return to the Pistons this summer.

Detroit is looking to add a big man and Wallace could likely be had for the veteran's minimum of $1.3 million.

A number of sources and media outlets believe that Wallace's return to the Pistons is a foregone conclusion.

RealGM: Basketball Wiretap Archives: Heat Decline To Match Moon's Offer Sheet With Cleveland

Heat Decline To Match Moon's Offer Sheet With Cleveland

The Miami Heat announced Friday that they have declined to match the offer sheet restricted free agent forward Jamario Moon signed with Cleveland, making him a member of the Cavaliers.

“After contemplating Cleveland’s offer to Jamario Moon for the past week, we have decided not to match,” said Heat President Pat Riley. “We declined to match because we want to stay true to our plan of not adding salary to our 2010 cap and matching it would have reduced our flexibility. Michael Beasley will be getting significant minutes at both forward positions and this opens up more opportunities for him to become the player we all expect him to be. We would like to thank Jamario for his contributions to our organization and helping us get back to the playoffs last season. We wish him the best in the future.” Moon was acquired by the Heat from the Toronto Raptors along with Jermaine O’Neal.

RealGM: Basketball Wiretap Archives: Portland Signs Miller To Multi-Year Deal

Portland Signs Miller To Multi-Year Deal

The Portland Trail Blazers have signed free agent guard Andre Miller to a multi-year contract, it was announced today by General Manager Kevin Pritchard. Per team policy, terms of the deal were not disclosed.

“We are excited to add a player of the caliber and character of Andre Miller,” said Pritchard. “He is one of the league’s ironmen who brings a wealth of veteran leadership to our team and is a great fit for our young and improving roster.”

Miller (6-2, 205, Utah) holds career averages of 14.6 points, 4.2 rebounds, 7.4 assists and 1.38 steals in 815 games (768 starts) during his 10 NBA seasons with Cleveland, L.A. Clippers, Denver and Philadelphia.

“I'm really excited for this opportunity with the Trail Blazers and look forward to working with my new team,” said Miller. “I hope to provide veteran leadership to a young talented nucleus and help Portland take the next step in the pursuit of a championship.”

Originally selected by the Cleveland Cavaliers with the eighth overall pick in the 1999 NBA Draft, Miller is tied for the 16th highest assists average (7.4) in NBA history and is currently fourth among active players. He has also played in 530 consecutive games, the longest active streak in the NBA. Miller has missed just three games in his career.

Miller, 33, has 174 career double-doubles and averaged one for Cleveland in 2001-02 (16.5 ppg, 10.9 apg) while leading the NBA in assists that season. During the 2008-09 season, Miller averaged 16.3 points, 4.5 rebounds, 6.5 assists, 1.33 steals and shot 47.3 percent from the floor in 82 games (all starts). He ranked 14th in the NBA in assists, 15th in assist-to-turnover ratio (2.68) and tied for 15th in steals. Miller recorded 12 double-doubles last season, including two triple-doubles.

Miller averaged 21.2 points, 6.3 rebounds, 5.3 assists and 1.17 steals in the 2009 NBA Playoffs. He has career postseason averages of 17.0 points, 4.7 rebounds, 4.8 assists and 1.30 steals in 27 games (all starts).

RealGM: Basketball Wiretap Archives: Okafor For Chandler Swap Being Completed

Okafor For Chandler Swap Being Completed

The Charlotte Bobcats are finalizing a trade that would send Emeka Okafor to the New Orleans Hornets for Tyson Chandler, two people familiar with the deal told The Associated Press on Monday.

Both centers are 26-years-old and were number two overall picks.

While Okafor has a longer contract, the players make about the same each year, making it an easier deal to fit under the salary cap. Chandler is owed $11.8 million in the 2009-10 season, and he could exercise his option for the 2010-11 season to increase that to $12.7 million.

Big move. Not a huge Okafor fan. But the fact that NO can count on him to mostly be healthy will be big for them.

Ugg, come on Dumars get in on this trade. The Pistons don't have enough UConn players on their roster yet.

I don't think Charlotte would take Hamilton because Jordan doesn't like him, maybe Prince, too bad LB isn't the GM.

Edited by DrWho17

I thought NO was trying to move Chandler because of $, guess not.

The only thing I can figure is that NO thinks it'll be easier to move Okafor for cap relief. This should pretty much solidify MJ as the worst front office guy since Isiah, no?

what a shitty trade for Charlotte. Okafor will thrive next to Chris Paul AND he'll actually be healthy.

The only thing I can figure is that NO thinks it'll be easier to move Okafor for cap relief. This should pretty much solidify MJ as the worst front office guy since Isiah, no?

He's worse and always has been worse. Isaih as at least often drafted well. MJ has done very little to ever inidicate he had an eye for talent or team building.

Kinda ticks me off that Okafor was on the block and we didn't do what was necessary to try to get him.