i dont see the fascination with Tyson Chandler. Look, the guy failed a physical earlier this year. he has problems with his feet and will probably never be healthy. Great defensive talent, but too injury prone.

Chandler at Center.

Boozer at PF.

Villanueva swing between PF & Center based on matchups.

That's how I would like to see it. I know it's not going to happen as it seems that the other teams are finding deals more to their liking... But Chandler's minutes could be limited if done right. He may not be a 100% solution to the Pistons developing a solution to their frontcourt issues... but I don't see why he can't be PART of the solution.

Let's say luck went ALL the Pistons' way over the next year or so... and after Boozer leaves as a FA, Bosh says: "Yeah, I wanna sign with the Pistons".

Now your frontcourt is Chandler-Bosh-Villanueva.

I know I'm living in a dream world with that, but anyways... It's MY dream... so that's the one I am havin'...

:wink:

RealGM: Basketball Wiretap Archives: Bass Opts To Sign With Orlando

Bass Opts To Sign With Orlando

Brandon Bass has signed with the Orlando Magic, sources told RealGM's Alex Kennedy.

Late Thursday night, Bass' agent Tony Dutt indicated that Orlando was the front runner for his client over the Portland Trailblazers and Detroit Pistons.

While terms of the deal haven't been disclosed, it is expected to be worth four years, $18 million.

Last season, Bass averaged a career high 8.5 points and 4.5 rebounds per game.

Chandler had one season where he played in less then 70 games, and that was 5 years ago. he's not really that injury prone, people confuse him with Eddy Curry. The trade was rescinded because of a big toe (and unfortunately for NO's owner, the physical happened to be done by the surgeon who did the surgery) which he had surgery on a couple years back, and played in 79/77 games in each season since, yes it's part of the foot, but it's not really that big of a deal.

Lots of reasons not to like him or not make the trade, but I wouldn't rate him being "injury prone" as part of those reasons.

I'm not confusing him with anybody. When he was with Chicago, he had back issues, it's one of the reasons they traded him. Last year he had foot issues and a trade was rescinded because of those issues.

Big men with bad backs and bad feet don't last very long. I wouldn't trade for Chandler unless they were really, really desperate for a big man....

oh wait.

not sounding like the Pistons are in the Boozer market anymore

The Detroit Pistons, meanwhile, continue to be widely mentioned as a trade suitor for Boozer, but sources with knowledge of Detroit's thinking insisted again Friday that the Pistons will not join the trade bidding for the Team USA power forward because they think Tayshaun Prince and newly signed Charlie Villanueva will complement each other better than Boozer and Villanueva would.

It actually makes sense though. If the Pistons didn't have Prince or CV, then Boozer would make 100% sense. But CV with Prince...that's gonna be some unstoppable offense. And then add in BG...forget about it! Now about that defense...

sheesh..as I have said..what a freaking mess..and what frightens me..is I keep saying Dumars has lost all talent evaluation skills..I keep praying he will prove me wrong..and he just keeps proving I am right..

not sounding like the Pistons are in the Boozer market anymore

The point of trading for Boozer would be to gain cap flexibility next year, not to find a complement CV. I really hope this isn't what Dumars is not pursuing a Boozer trade.

I'd take a Rip or Tayshaun for Kaman deal instead, please.

Clippers are no longer log jammed at PF/C. Plus, they are set at the SG/SF spot.

RealGM: Basketball Wiretap Archives: Source: Blazers Offer Millsap Four-Year Deal

Source: Blazers Offer Millsap Four-Year Deal

The Trail Blazers extended an offer to restricted free-agent forward Paul Millsap on Friday, according to sources. The actual offer sheet was reportedly sent to Millsap for his signature Friday night.

The offer is worth between $32-$36 million over four years, and signifies that Portland isn't willing to wait for possible trades.

With that said, the Blazers are expected to continue pushing for a trade involving power forward Carlos Boozer.

Utah will have a week to match the offer, which is believed to include a substantial signing bonus in hopes that the Jazz won't do just that.

sounds like Rip isn't even the piece that would be traded for Boozer but Prince instead. That makes no sense at all to me. I have to say, I don't think Joe has a clue what the heck he's doing.

sounds like Rip isn't even the piece that would be traded for Boozer but Prince instead. That makes no sense at all to me. I have to say, I don't think Joe has a clue what the heck he's doing.

All this business about giving Afflalo away has got me thinking the same thing. Especially if it's just to make cap room for Glen 'Big Baby' Davis. What a turd.

Davis is a borderline starter and excellent 6th man. Picking him up would be a excellent move. Especially if all we have to do is move Afflalo to do it.

All this business about giving Afflalo away has got me thinking the same thing. Especially if it's just to make cap room for Glen 'Big Baby' Davis. What a turd.

We are thin in the front court and stacked in the back court, it seems more logical than "turd" like to make the move. Affalo is alright, but nothing more than a depth player while Davis can start. Just think of it as trading Davis for Affalo, which is essentially what it would be.

We are thin in the front court and stacked in the back court, it seems more logical than "turd" like to make the move. Affalo is alright, but nothing more than a depth player while Davis can start. Just think of it as trading Davis for Affalo, which is essentially what it would be.

Theoretically, but I hate giving away assets unecessarily. Davis is a RFA..we shouldn't have to give way players to make him fit.

Wow, life is so easy when you just disagree with everything but never offer an alternative.

I just fail to see how Davis plays any different of a role on this team than what Maxiell does.

RealGM: Basketball Wiretap Archives: Jazz Soften Stance On Matching Millsap

Jazz Soften Stance On Matching Millsap

The Jazz initially vowed to match any offer that restricted free agent forward Paul Millsap received this offseason.

However, in the wake of Portland's four-year, $32 million offer, Utah appears to be softening their stance.

"I think we'd analyze everything," general manager Kevin O'Connor told the Deseret News.

The Jazz are looking to shed salary. If they match Millsap's offer and can't trade Carlos Boozer, who is owed more than $12 million next season, they'll have a payroll of roughly $81 million.

People are saying Portland put in a $6 million signing bonus. If so, that is really smart on their part. A signing bonus is obvioulsy paid when the contract is signed, so Utah would be paying at least $18 million this year for Millsap.

Year 1 salary - $6 million

Luxury Tax penalty - $6 million

Signing bonus - $6 million

That is a lot of money for an organization to pay out.

Yeah that "poison pill" signing bonus leads me to believe they didn't just make the move so that the Jazz would hurry up and get the three-team trade finalized. If this created bad blood between the teams I would imagine that takes the Blazers out of the equation where Boozer is concerned. As far as Afflalo, I like him as much as anybody, but unless he figures out how to fix his shot release and hit the open 3-pointer his role in the NBA is going to be reduced. He was such a harder worker I was hoping he'd have it figured out by last season but that wasn't the case. He is definitely expendible if it helps the Pistons aquire someone in the front court.