Auburndale Ray

All-Star Voting

I voted 2 or 3 times for all Tigers players in the AL but I cant find where they rank since it only shows the top 5 players at each position.

The all star voting is becoming a joke again.

Matsui of the Yankees just vaulted from 7th in OF votes to 2nd place in the AL with 1 million votes.

Overseas votes account for probably 50% of his votes just like Ichiro. Matsui has more votes than Manny Ramirez...

Now I dont have his stats in front of me but seems like he was hitting around .260 with 5 or 6 homeruns last I saw.

Ramirez was hitting what .315 with 18 homers or so?

I looked it up

Matsui is up to .300 with 9 HR and 62 RBI

Ramirez .320 with 17 HR and 61 RBI

Dmitri Young .295 with 15 HR and 45 RBI....why isnt Dmitri in the top 15 ? His stats are better than Matsui considering the Yankees score twice as many runs as the Tigers.

Ichiro has 1.6 million votes....Vernon Wells has 335,000 votes for OF though his stats are far better than Ichiro. Thank you Japan voters.

I can't bring myself to vote for any of the Tigers. None of them are deserving, one will have to go and I am guessing that will be Dimitri Young....

I just voted for Dmitri 8 more times and no one else.

He was 11th in the AL in total bases with 157 before todays game...Ichiro was 10th with 160.

and Dmirti added a triple tonight so he is up to 160. How do you know how many votes Dmitri had I didnt see it?

All-Star voting is just plain stupid. It was okay for it to be a popularity contest (which is what you get when you let the fans vote) when it was just an exhibition game.

But now that Selig has artificially attached meaning to the game, fans should not be allow to vote. I can imagine a time when a group of people gets together to "rig" the voting. Take 100 people, each of which creates 100 false email address and then signs up to vote... They then pick mediocre players from the league opposite of their favorite team... Say their Giants fans, they then vote for the same AL average players. 400 people x 30 email address x 25 votes per address = 300,000 votes. When you combine these numbers by all the "homers" who are AL fans and vote for all the players on their favorite team even if they are a far cry from all star players and you could easily see a bunch of nobodies playing for one of the teams.