vannzee

DAY ONE *** Draft Day Discussion *** DAY ONE

A lot of reaches in this draft, it looks like... I didn't think Veikune would go this high.

Grady Jackson

Landon Cohen

Chuck Darby

Andre Fluellen

Are our DT's if you or anyone was wondering.

I think the Lions like the DT's they have.

That doesn't say much for their talent evaluation skills. The Lions d-line was horrible last year.

Grady Jackson

Landon Cohen

Chuck Darby

Andre Fluellen

Are our DT's if you or anyone was wondering.

Fluellen might be moving to DE. I think they need another DT pretty badly but it's not quite as glaring as MLB.

If there was a franchise Tackle in this draft I woulda taken him in a heartbeat. But there wasnt a Jake Long or Orlando Pace in this draft. The most talented tackle has character issues and the one that ended up going first has never played in a three point stance. These tackles just werent #1 overall guys ya pay 30 to 40 million to.

Curry would have been an awesome pick at 1.1 if we hadnt gotten J. Peterson and we played a 3-4. But to ask a kid whose strength is coming off the edge to learn the Mike and cover the deep middle is asking too much at 30 million.

So that leaves the QB's. I think Stafford will be fine. Hes smart, has seemed poised through this process and has a rocket arm. Is he the best of the two? We will see.

At 20 I love Pettigrew. Most people had him top 10 BPA. Hes the best tight end in the draft. Blocks and catches. He was the BPA on the Lions board at a position of need. He could play 10 years and make pro bowls. A value pick at 20. Who woulda thunk it.

At 33 we get the best Safety in the draft. Notice how NE took a safety right after we did? Ill bet they had this guy targetted. Converted corner who hits too big to not be moved to safety. He looks like another BPA pick at a position of need.

How can you argue with these picks? We got the BPA with all three of our picks. Arguably each is the best player at his position overall coming into the draft.

You got to look at this as part of a body of work. One draft wasnt going to remake this team. Next year we get our franchise LT and the draft is deeper with higher quality on defense from all Ive heard.

I love the fact we have our QB, WR, TE and RB of the future all at the same time. Thats never happened in the 40 years Ive been following this team. Keep going the BPA route and we will have a team to be proud of in a couple years.

William Beatty still possibly there in the third round?

... well so much for that idea.

I love the fact we have our QB, WR, TE and RB of the future all at the same time. Thats never happened in the 40 years Ive been following this team. Keep going the BPA route and we will have a team to be proud of in a couple years.

Gosh, I'm trying to remember if Chuck Long was on the same team as Garry James?

The Lions ruined Chuck Long.

I just hope the Lions don't ruin Stafford... that's my entire fear with him.

I just hope the Lions don't ruin Stafford... that's my entire fear with him.

They're already on a better foot with Stafford by getting him under contract right away and, therefore, into training camp.

They're already on a better foot with Stafford by getting him under contract right away and, therefore, into training camp.

That's true... they don't have the chance to screw up the contract.

The last time the Vikings took a receiver who fell due to character issues, they ended up with Randy Moss.

I am very happy with this pick.

If you look at the Vikings draft position, they needed to draft the best player available, and they got it with Percy. I could see Percy doing what Larry Fitzgerald Jr did with the Cards this past season. I love the duo of Harvin and Berrian. I think Harvin will make Tarvaris Jackson's job easy, and Berrian will even have better numbers this year. The Vikings passing game is much better than it was last year. I could see Percy making an impact the way Adrian Peterson did in his rookie year with the Vikings.

Two things:

Who is lining up at the top of the draft board tomorrow? (LOTS of MLB's?!?!)

And... Do we trade pick #65 to an overexcited team hunting tomorrow's first pick 'cause we get an extra 4th & 6th out of it?

Why did Lauranitis fell that low in the draft?

I figure he was a first-round pick. I figure the Pats would like him since Belichick can't get enough linebackers.

And... Do we trade pick #65 to an overexcited team hunting tomorrow's first pick 'cause we get an extra 4th & 6th out of it?

I was thinking maybe that would happen - although I don't think they will get 2 extra picks out of it - just 1.