CoachBelch

Fire Tram, hire Gibby

Originally posted by LansingLugnut

If Trammell goes 39-123 he has to be fired.

Let's hope that doesn't happen, but even if The Tigers lost more than 120--THERE IS NO WAY TRAMMELL SHOULD BE FIRED!

If anything, I say let's FIRE mike ilitch! (if only we could).

I agree with most everyone in here. I support Alan Trammell

100%! He is seriously doing the best he can with what he has to work with.

Yes, it is painful to watch these guys play ball--but our reward will be when Alan & Kirk win us a world series! IT WILL HAPPEN! (just not this year).

:cool:

More often than not the Tigers seem to lose because they A) have only one player who can hit extra base hits and B) one inning where they give the other team 4 outs. TRam tried to compensate by playing small ball for awhile...but now he has put Witt and Monroe in the lineup more often and it seems to be paying dividends.

I keep waiting for the Tigers to get breaks and they finally got one last night with Tucker dropping the fly ball in right field.

I would have to guess Dmitri has cost the Tigers 3 or 4 games playing bad defense in left field and 3b.

Trammell is not immune from criticism, every manager gets it. Yes the team sucks but if there is no criticism when you're playing .244 ball it's hard to see when you would criticize.

I remembered this post from last year and thought I would bring it up since the "fire Trammell" posts are coming out.

Aside from the fact that this thread is rediculous, aren't people a little fire happy these days? Let's build some continuity around a good baseball guy (if you don't know who I'm talking about, take a look at my moniker). Sure Tram looked like a rookie manager at times last year, but to call the team he had a bunch of rookies would've been more of a complement than I would offer. When we finally get a dependable starting rotation and a strong bullpen with defined roles, we'll see what Tram can do. The biggest thing Gibby could offer in place of Tram would be 'fire' and he can offer plenty of that as our bench coach. BTW, I tried to ignore this thread, but it obviously didn't work.

I remember when this website had intelligent topics.

Fire Tram, no way, but I agree with the coach. The

players are still making the same mistakes. They don't seem to be getting any better as hitters or as fielders. Infante, Pena, Munson or even Sanchez for that matter, they are no better after a year+ under the 84 boys.

Once you get by the topic, this thread is actually pretty interesting. As far as improvement goes, I think our staff may put too many things in our guys heads. They may overcoach them. Especially a guy like Pena. His head is spinning. Munson improved last year but he's off to a slow start (as usual). Inge has improved because he stopped listening to the coaches. I think our staff is very knowledgeable and enthusiastic and what they need to do is tone it down and learn when to say something and when to leave guys alone. That will come with experience.

i would have to disagree, that our young guys haven't showed much improvement. I believe that we have showed great strides, especially the afore mentioned, sanchez munson and pena. munson has been more solidly defensively this year, he struggled badly last year on balls hit to his left, but this year has made several nice plays. i agree that he could improve his throws, but thats just something that comes from playing the position. but i am impressed by the strides he has made lately, he made a great play the other night against mark maclemore, he charged in on a slow tap and grabbed it on the barehand, sure he made a bad throw, but this is a play he doesnt make last year. this takes me to the point of pena, he is the one who scooped that throw out of the dirt on what looked like an impossible play. he may be struggling at the plate, but he is a young guy, who thinks too much and may be thinking too much at the plate, when he relaxes and just swings the bat, he is excellent, just as he was in the first week of the season. i think sanchez has played outstanding in the month of may. anyone who says the coaching staff hasn't taught our guys anything clearly hasn't watched sanchez lately. last year every time the kid bunted for a base hit he would pop it up, this year and especially the last week or so, he has been money on those type of plays, i believe he had 5 infield hits in the oakland series, not counting today(couldn't catch the 1 oclock start) and problay should have had 6 if you look at the one he was called out on last night. overall i think our younger players have made some nice strides. sure theres still things to work on, but the coaches cant go swing the bat for the players.

I'm sure this has been discussed before, so feel free to ignore it, but do you think we would be were we are today if Leyland had come just a couple of seasons earlier? Did Trammel play a big part in their development, no part, or did he keep them down and Leyland deserves most the credit for their development and success this year?

Coachbelch is friend of mine and we have had many arguements over the years in regards to the Tigers. I'm just thinking he was dead on in his opinion far before it was popular to be on his side. Outside of that, he's an idiot!! :happy:

I'm sure this has been discussed before, so feel free to ignore it, but do you think we would be were we are today if Leyland had come just a couple of seasons earlier? Did Trammel play a big part in their development, no part, or did he keep them down and Leyland deserves most the credit for their development and success this year?

Coachbelch is friend of mine and we have had many arguements over the years in regards to the Tigers. I'm just thinking he was dead on in his opinion far before it was popular to be on his side. Outside of that, he's an idiot!! :happy:

I think its a question that is hard to answer, because I can't see Leyland coming here for the 2003 or 2004 team.

Leyland might have added a few wins, but this year is all about the pitching talent that was added, plus a healthy Guillen/Ordonez. But the big story in 2006 has to be the pitching:

Verlander, Zumaya, Rogers, some good starts from Miner, heck even Jones and Grilli have panned out !!

Don't forget to check out my who's your mudhen post for another accurate prediciton.

CoachBelch's post has to be one of the most ridiculous posts that I have ever read. You are a complete idiot.

Love it. Just love reading my old threads and getting hammered only to be proven right

In honor of the Tigers crossing 100 losses, and having the worst record in baseball...I starting thinking about when these type of seasons were pretty commonplace in Detroit. As much as I hate seeing the Tigers lose so much this season, we have had an AMAZING run since this thread was started a long time ago. We couldn't get a WS title, but we've seen some amazing players, watched a lot of playoff moments, and got to experience two world series over the past 15 years.

Hopefully we can get another 10-15 year period of winning baseball started again soon. 

1 hour ago, belcherboy said:

In honor of the Tigers crossing 100 losses, and having the worst record in baseball...I starting thinking about when these type of seasons were pretty commonplace in Detroit. As much as I hate seeing the Tigers lose so much this season, we have had an AMAZING run since this thread was started a long time ago. We couldn't get a WS title, but we've seen some amazing players, watched a lot of playoff moments, and got to experience two world series over the past 15 years.

Hopefully we can get another 10-15 year period of winning baseball started again soon. 

Will we have to wait 19 years like we did from 1987-2006?  

13 minutes ago, bobrob2004 said:

Will we have to wait 19 years like we did from 1987-2006?  

Ouch! I guess I didn't think of it that way. ?