I don't think so. This team would've had issues with another coach probably, but the coaching situation didn't help matters. Did anyone really know what this team was and what it wanted to accomplish on a nightly basis? What was it's identity?

Did it want to develop its young players or compete for an NBA championship? Did it want to work its team around AI once he came here or have AI work around the team?

You can do this all day, asking basic questions that should've been easy to answer as the season went on. But you can't do it. Maybe the entire organization lacked direction this year, but its coach did so as well. He brought no direction to this squad whatsoever.

18-32 in the last 50..chew on that..

Wow. I had no idea things were that bad. Who is out there that could replace Curry? Avery Johnson? He was a candidate last year, maybe he should have been the guy.

I didn't know the numbers, but I knew it was pretty bad. This team was double-digit games above .500 at one time this year, so I knew if I went back and tracked it, you were going to get a really lousy record from X point and on.

Iversons fault.

Somebody's fault..

possible culprits..

Dumars

Dumars

Dumars

Curry

Dumars

Hamilton, Sheed, Iverson, Prince, Stuckey, Maxiel, Johnson

Dumars

Curry

Curry

Larry Brown..I'm still mad Larry got selfish and left..

There is so much blame for this season we could go on forever. Just as everyone has some credit for the NBA title year, you can give a ton of "credit" for this year to just about everyone as well.

I find it hard to see how Dumars can keep Curry after he finished with a sub .500 record and failed to develop the young players who are essential to keeping this team competitive in the future. In fact one could argue that the likes of Johnson, Maxiel, and Stuckey actually regressed.

Curry will be the coach next year. Dumars needs a fall guy in case he cant land anyone via free agency or trades.

This will be a very interesting decision for the new owner(s). The Pistons have had such a quick trigger on the coaches the last couple of years, I wonder if that changes.

Serioulsy ..Curry likely stays..for these reasons..

1. It deflects some heat from Dumars

2. Whats the point in firing him..until they remake the roster, with much better, younger players and team chemistry, the coach doesn't matter.

3. Money..the Pistons frankly are frugal, not cheap, but frugal..unless they have a better team, wasting money on a new coach and paying yet another guy to not coach isn't a priority.

My concern is that good coaches can generally overcome stuff. They make bad teams better. Curry is the rare guy to take a decent roster in a weak conference and go 4 games under .500.

I think Curry is still around in the beginning of next season, if anything because this was his first year. I think his leash will be quite short though, and if we start badly, he will be gone. If Joe can swing some players that can/will play Curry's system, he might have a chance.

That's not something I want to see, but I'm just trying to see another point of view. I'd rather let him go now and get completely new blood in.

In my opinion, there is only one scenario where Curry is not the coach next year.

If Dumars can use the cap space and land two studs and a bench player, plus a good coach is still available, he might fire Curry and go with someone else.

A few problems with that scenario. They don't have the cap space to land those players. So it would also take some amazing trades to get it done. Plus, none of it would happen till after July 1. So any coach worth anything will most likely be gone by then.

But keep an eye out if Joe can restock the roster fast. If that happens and a coach is sitting out there who can lead a team to a championship, I would predict a move is made. But if we are still in transition mode (Which I think we will be), Curry will stay.

He should be gone, but probably won't be fired. With Davidson gone, I wonder how smoothly the decision-making processes will be in a potential power grab between Tom Wilson and Joe Dumars. Not sure how involved Davidson's wife was in team matters before his death, and it appears the son wants little to do with it.

Man it's too bad they couldn't have eked out at least 7th place. With Garnett being out, Boston can be beat. I think the Pistons could take any of the top 7, but Cleveland is on a mission and the Pistons have a hard time with them anyway.

Right, what is the point in replacing Curry, there are only a handful of coaches who win NBA championships, maybe it's just a coincidence, but the same guys keep winning year after year. Well, except I'm not sure he did a great job developing talent, but that could just be the talent was over valued to start with.

I blame Joe on the season, but he said after last season, complacent would not be tolerated any more..AI just did not fit into the Pistons team that have been together for 6 years straight..

Curry will be the coach next year. Dumars needs a fall guy in case he cant land anyone via free agency or trades.

Yeah, basically, that's about it in a nutshell. He'll replace Curry when he sees that we have a team capable of competing and needs a coach to take them to the next level. Until then, why fire the guy that absorbing all the heat?

Yeah, basically, that's about it in a nutshell. He'll replace Curry when he sees that we have a team capable of competing and needs a coach to take them to the next level. Until then, why fire the guy that absorbing all the heat?

Absorbing the heat from who? Dumars is now in the unenviable position of being in the worse economy in the country, trying to sell a product that has absolutely no sizzle. He traded away the team's most popular player and replaced him with a guy who failed to capture the fan's imaginations. He brought in a coach who promised a new accountability, sense of urgency and toughness who managed to miss on all three targets while wreaking havoc on the remaining working parts.

I don't see that Dumars has much room to get the target off his back. He either has to swing some trades to re-energize or lure some FA difference makers with the Billups money to save face.

in the end you can "blame" this season on Joe because this was a conscious decision by him to clean house and start from scratch basically. The Iverson trade was made to do just that with the hope that maybe it would work. If it didn't or didn't, the plan was still the same.

The real disappointment of this season was how poorly Curry did. There is absolutely nothing you can point at and say, "Curry excelled in *X*". He was poor in all facets. This was a huuuuge mistake by Dumars. Quite honesly, we would have been much better keeping Saunders on for this year, particularly after the trade. It would have sent the signal that management was in charge not the players and I have no doubt that Flip could have fit Iverson into the offense much better than Curry did. It actually probably would have been a lot of fun to watch AI in Flip's offense to be honest.

I think it's time to bring in a guy like Izzo. I would like to see Laimbeer but I don't think we can afford another mistake. As it is I'm not real sold on the idea of a college coach as I can't remember that last time that worked but he's really the most intriguing name out there.

I'd can him like a tuna...he crossed the line between "inexperienced" and "clueless" and I don't see him making the trip to "enlightened" any time soon.

Amir and Max didn't progress...Stuckey seemed to back track a bit and Dice was just about the only veteran worth anything who didn't slip into some sort of funk.

Can't develop the youth...can't inspire the vets....See Ya!!!