Motor City Sonics

It's Columbus.......

Not a great draw. Steve Mason, Rick Nash, and Hitchcock's trapping style scare the hell out of me. Though, none of the three possible opponents would have been very good draws IMO. The good news about this is that the travel will be minimal. That could be huge later.

Plus, Anaheim and San Jose will likely beat each other up.

Columbus was best draw of the 3 IMO. Their arena is going to have a lot of Wings fans in it IMO and short travel. St Louis is best team in 2nd half this year and Anaheim got real hot late. Columbus has been slumping lately, only winning 3 of last 10. So at least we arent playing a hot team.

Columbus is about as good as we can hope for. If we can't get to a 20 year old goalie, not matter how good he is, we don't deserve to win the cup

Looking at the Western match-ups, I think every one of those series could really go either way.

Columbus was best draw of the 3 IMO. Their arena is going to have a lot of Wings fans in it IMO and short travel. St Louis is best team in 2nd half this year and Anaheim got real hot late. Columbus has been slumping lately, only winning 3 of last 10. So at least we arent playing a hot team.

Agreed.

Looking at the Western match-ups, I think every one of those series could really go either way.

Chicago - Calgary looks like it could be a very good series. I'm excited for that one.

tell us how you really feel Shelton!

I really can't stand Nash..

I ****ing hate Columbus.

I agree. Hopefully the Wings will make the BJs playoff debut a short one, only 4 games. No matter who they were going to play it was going to be a tough series. I like this because of the travel. It sure beats flying back and forth to California 2 or 3 times.

Absolutely agree with Columbus being a good (maybe great) draw. Really, no travel involved whatsoever, which is a big plus at this time of year. Also, while Columbus has some physical players (Torres, Peca) they aren't as physical as Anaheim would have been.

I live in Columbus now and I don't think the Wings will have any advantage whatsoever at Nationwide arena. Yes, a lot of Wings fans always show up, but Columbus crowd is extremely loud and this city is really pumped for the playoffs.

Absolutely agree with Columbus being a good (maybe great) draw. Really, no travel involved whatsoever, which is a big plus at this time of year. Also, while Columbus has some physical players (Torres, Peca) they aren't as physical as Anaheim would have been.

I live in Columbus now and I don't think the Wings will have any advantage whatsoever at Nationwide arena. Yes, a lot of Wings fans always show up, but Columbus crowd is extremely loud and this city is really pumped for the playoffs.

It'll be more Wings-friendly than Anaheim though

It'll be more Wings-friendly than Anaheim though

Yup, but just about everything is better than the Anaheim match up. We really lucked out, and even better, now they're San Jose's problem.

I was hoping that we'd play the Ducks so I could get tickets, but I'd rather them play the BJs for a better chance of winning.

I'm a Tigers fan as many or all of you know which is why I post on this site. However, I am also a diehard Columbus Blue Jackets fan since the beginning. I think this series has the potential to be great. Nash owns the Wings and Mason is a young phenom in net. I think the Wings will probably win the series, but don't sleep on the Jackets, they could easily put a scare into this Wings team and possibly win the series. Don't forget we beat you 8-2 in the Joe this year and split the season series 3-3.

Columbus was best draw of the 3 IMO. Their arena is going to have a lot of Wings fans in it IMO and short travel.

While this may be the case, I'm willing to bet the Joe will have a lot of Columbus fans in it too. The Wings have had trouble selling out games in the playoffs in recent years, add in the way the economy is, and the fact that there are tons and tons of tickets available still, don't be surprised if Jacket fans make the trip to Detroit for the games. Before it was even known who the Jackets opponent would be there were less than 800 tickets left for Game 3 and 4 in Nationwide.

This is correct.

IMO, this will be great for the coming years building a rivalry between the two teams. I don't think there is one yet, because you can't have a rivalry when one team (the Wings) dominates the other year in and year out. This is the first year the Jackets have been able to stand up to Detroit and play well against them. And if I were a Wings fan Rick Nash and Ken Hitchcock would scare the hell out of me. Just sayin'.

Couldn't help myself.

oh, so we have a Jackets fan? Didnt know they existed. No wonder you think its going to be comparable.

oh, so we have a Jackets fan? Didnt know they existed. No wonder you think its going to be comparable.

LOL. I told you I was a Jacket fan previously. Look man I don't want to start any trouble or anything afterall I am a TIGERS fan. I respect the hell out of the Wings. I just think you are underestimating the fan base in Columbus. I know a lot of Wings fans usually show up to Nationwide. Partly because some people that are Jackets fans used to be Wings fans before Columbus had a team and obviously the proximity makes travel easy. Airborn, who lives in Columbus, already said that despite the Wings fans being there he doesn't think it will give Detroit any advantage because the Jackets fans are really coming out and supporting the team and are pumped for the playoffs. Also going by the amount of tickets available at each place, unless a bunch of Jacket fans scalp their tickets or just decide to root for the Wings I don't think there will be nearly as many Wings fans at Nationwide as you think. If I end up being wrong I'll gladly admit I was wrong. I do know for a fact that there are tons of tickets available for the games at the Joe and a bunch of Jacket backers and other Columbus fans have already started buying up some of the tickets. The way the economy has hit Detroit I think its safe to say that will help some people outside of Detroit who have the money to buy the tickets.

Ya, I got a cousin who's an assjackets fan, they finally make the play-offs (as the 7th seed) and they way he makes it sound there going to win the President's cup for the next 16 years.

HAHA. He is delusional, but don't base an entire fanbase off of one of your family members. Are you a blackhawks fan? Cuz I know a bunch of them who think the Hawks are going to be a dynasty for a long time. Not to say they can't be, but c'mon every fanbase has people that are way too much of homers and are delusional.