lesgoblu02

Personal history witnessed last night.

I just wanted to let everyone know about what I saw last night. 27 years of attending baseball games at one level or another and last night, I saw the longest HR I have ever seen in person.

Travis Denker of the San Antonio Missions hit an absolute bomb. 402 to the CF wall with a 50 feet screen acting as the hitters eye. Travis hit the ball, to dead center, which cleared the screen by at least 15 feet. No wind whatsoever. I'm pretty sure the ball hasn't landed yet.

I just wanted to let everyone know about what I saw last night. 27 years of attending baseball games at one level or another and last night, I saw the longest HR I have ever seen in person.

Travis Denker of the San Antonio Missions hit an absolute bomb. 402 to the CF wall with a 50 feet screen acting as the hitters eye. Travis hit the ball, to dead center, which cleared the screen by at least 15 feet. No wind whatsoever. I'm pretty sure the ball hasn't landed yet.

Reminds me of when I saw some dude put one through the open window of a parked car up here at Fifth Third Ballpark. Official estimates for that homer were in the high 400's for distance.

A couple (3) decades back I saw Gorman Thomas hit one over the center field scoreboard here in Spokane that was a line drive which appeared to still be rising as it left the park. The wall was 420 feet away from the plate and the scoreboard is about 35 feet high (they used to have a guy up there on a balcony to change the numbers by hand). Must have approached 500 feet.

There are legends around here of how far Frank Howard hit the ball when he played in Spokane.

^^^^^^^^

Missions fan. Going to the Tulsa game on Sunday.

I'll be there most fridays and saturdays this summer. And a couple sundays.

Sorry Yoop. I could have sworn I clicked on the minor league forum.

So, can you Texas League guys give me a sketch on the Frisco Roughriders. I have a suite for a wedding rehearsal dinner May 1. Looks like our good friend (?) Louis Pujols is the manager of visiting team from Corpus Cristi.