jake

A night at the game

We got 3 baseballs during BP. One from Inge, one from Rodney, and one that rolled down the line and I leaned over and grabbed it. We got signatures from Jackson, Bonine, Granderson, Rodney and Lyons. All the players were awesome. They are suckers for a cute wife and 2 adorable little boys. My oldest (all of 6) wore his huge Inge T-shirt and my littlest (4)wore his Cabrera jersey. Those guys didn't do too bad tonight. I was hanging out during BP a behind the Tiger dugout and DD walked towards the dugout after Inge hit and I said to him "It's a miracle what's happened with Inge". He got this huge smile and giggled like a school girl. I'm not kidding,either. I'm describing it as accurately as I can. The Toronto fans were riding Inge and Anderson. It stopped with Inge after his bomb. I couldn't understand the heckling of Anderson after he gunned the guy at the plate,either. Tonight there was beer and there was a huge difference. The small crowd was pretty vocal. The Toronto transit system is interesting. To get back to our hotel, we walked on the skyway, took the subway and then the streetcar and walked a block to our hotel. Fascinating. I'm not a big city guy. Hugely multi-cultural city. Awesome in that way. Some of the absolute worst heckling I've ever heard tonight, I must say. What a great win. The whole game was the defense we played to get Miner out of the jam in the first inning. THen he cruised and we cruised. My son loves Brandon as much as I do and to see him hitting bombs like he has has been pretty awesome. I got a news flash for you Inge doubters. This isn't going to be a sub .250 and 10 home run guy. He's going to hit a bunch and hit .280.

I got a news flash for you Inge doubters. This isn't going to be a sub .250 and 10 home run guy. He's going to hit a bunch and hit .280.

.280?

I wouldn't put 25 HR past Inge. He's done that before. But I very much doubt that he'll hit .280 this year with 25 HR. One or the other, I could see. Not both.

Glad to see you had a good time, though. Keep going to games, let's keep the win streak going.

Inge is 4/11 with 3 homers and a double, the power has never been his issue, he's always had streak where he killed the ball, he's also always had streak when he couldn't make contact. The key for Brandon after a hot start is how he reacts to the first stretch of bad games, in the past he's just spiraled down after he struggles

.280?

I wouldn't put 25 HR past Inge. He's done that before. But I very much doubt that he'll hit .280 this year with 25 HR. One or the other, I could see. Not both.

Glad to see you had a good time, though. Keep going to games, let's keep the win streak going.

I don't think they're quite mutually exclusive... if he hits .280, he's definitely netting 25 bombs. Not necessarily the other way around.

But that's a different argument for a different thread. Glad to hear you had such a great time at the game.

Inge is 4/11 with 3 homers and a double, the power has never been his issue, he's always had streak where he killed the ball, he's also always had streak when he couldn't make contact. The key for Brandon after a hot start is how he reacts to the first stretch of bad games, in the past he's just spiraled down after he struggles

It's just his approach at the plate that hurts him year in and year out. He's got incredible tools (same can be said for a lot of hitters) but more times than not it's the guys with the right approach at the plate that can challenge to hit .300 each year.

. I got a news flash for you Inge doubters. This isn't going to be a sub .250 and 10 home run guy. He's going to hit a bunch and hit .280.

Jake,

How totally fun! Looking forward to doing the same with my guys as they get a little older.

Personally, I don't predict against Inge, even when his recent numbers and age indicate bad tidings. Why? Because his minor league career indicated he would never be a major league hitter. While he hasn't been a good hitter, he's certainly a major leaguer.

Rob