A2 Buffalonian

Cutler to the Bears

Congrats to ballmich.

I like this trade because of the timberwolf factor.

I think it's great because he ain't going to make it over there. The minute he throws an Interception, he will get crucified by Bears fans and the Chicago media. Think of him as Rex Grossman. I like Orton much better than Grossman. I don't even think the quarterback was the problem. Their problems was wide receivers, offensive line, and a defense.

Also what exactly has Cutler won?

I am not even outraged and worried about it because I think Chicago is the wrong environment for him.

Mark my words: This is not going to end well for him.

I hope he enjoys it over there.

I think it's great because he ain't going to make it over there. The minute he throws an Interception, he will get crucified by Bears fans and the Chicago media. Think of him as Rex Grossman. I like Orton much better than Grossman. I don't even think the quarterback was the problem. Their problems was wide receivers, offensive line, and a defense.

I am not even outraged and worried about it because I think Chicago is the wrong environment for him.

Mark my words: This is not going to end well for him.

I hope he enjoys it over there.

All I can do is laugh at this

So if we had kept Kitna, do you think we could have swung the deal? Hmmm...

Orton is much better than Kitna. In fact, he is better than Cutler.

Orton is going to shine under Josh McDaniels.

Bears fans are delusional if they thought Cutler was the problem.

There was a stat going around -- I think it was that Cutler was 18-1 with Denver when the defense allowed 21 or fewer points.

At first I thought Chicago gave up too much but on further thought it was a fair deal for both sides.

All I can do is laugh

You keep showing ignorance and stupidity like ChicagoGirl.

I already pointed out Cutler's weaknesses. First of all, he is sensitive to criticiam. If he is sensitive about being traded, what exactly is going to happen when he has a bad game for Da Bears. Second of all, what exactly has he won? Finally, why would Josh McDaniels have issues with Cutler.

Tell me why Cutler is a great deal, and how it's going to work over there, and don't give me one sentence answers or copy someone from WSI. I want from your own words.

The Jets need a quarterback, and what does it say that they wanted no part of him.

There was a stat going around -- I think it was that Cutler was 18-1 with Denver when the defense allowed 21 or fewer points.

Right. So did I saw the Broncos being a playoff team in his tenure? Have I ever saw Cutler ever won a playoff game? He ain't Ben Rothelisberger or Tom Brady. For Pete's sake, Rex Grossman won playoff games than what Cutler accomplished.

If he was overwhelmed in replacing Elway's shoes, how is he going to do in Chicago?

This was a lot to give up. The last time we did this, it was Rick Mirer and years of pain that followed. Hopefully this one works out better.

That is a ton to give up. But when it's a bidding war these kind of things happen. What position can the Bears blame now?

You keep showing ignorance and stupidity like ChicagoGirl.

I already pointed out Cutler's weaknesses. First of all, he is sensitive to criticiam. If he is sensitive about being traded, what exactly is going to happen when he has a bad game for Da Bears. Second of all, what exactly has he won? Finally, why would Josh McDaniels have issues with Cutler.

Tell me why Cutler is a great deal, and how it's going to work over there.

The Jets need a quarterback, and what does it say that they wanted no part of him.

I doubt the first game he has an interception or two the media will be all over him, second how can you say this is a bad trade? He's a great QB, a pro-bowler and a possibility to be a franchise QB. Also, who says he's sensitive about being traded? I can't make a remark on behalf of the Jets because I don't know how the front office works

Bears trade for quarterback Jay Cutler

By: Larry Mayer | Last Updated: 4/2/2009 4:27 PM

LAKE FOREST, Ill. – Not only were the Bears involved in the Jay Cutler derby, but they won it.

The Bears pulled off a blockbuster trade Thursday, boldly acquiring Pro Bowl quarterback Jay Cutler and a draft pick in exchange for a player and a package of draft picks. Details will be available shortly.

Cutler, 25, played his first three NFL seasons with the Broncos after arriving as the 11th overall pick in the 2006 draft. In his first full season as a starter in 2007, he completed 63.6 percent of his passes for 3,497 yards with 20 touchdowns, 14 interceptions and an 88.1 passer rating.

Cutler was voted to the Pro Bowl this in 2008 after connecting on 62.3 percent of his passes for 4,526 yards with 25 TDs, 18 interceptions and an 86.0 rating. By comparison, the Bears’ single-season record for passing yards is 3,838, set by Erik Kramer in 1995.

Cutler grew up as a Bears fan in Santa Claus, Ind., and will be reunited in Chicago with two former Vanderbilt teammates, wide receiver Earl Bennett and offensive tackle Chris Williams. Cutler thinks so much of Bennett that he returned to Vanderbilt to throw to the receiver during Bennett’s Pro Day workout a year ago.

Cutler apparently was upset when the Broncos fired head coach Mike Shanahan and even more angry when he found out that Shanahan’s replacement, Josh McDaniels, was attempting to trade for Patriots quarterback Matt Cassel.

The Redskins, Jets, Buccaneers and 49ers were believed to be the frontrunners in the Cutler derby, but it was the Bears who landed the promising young quarterback in what is undoubtedly the boldest move that Jerry Angelo has made since becoming general manager in 2001.

http://www.chicagobears.com/news/NewsStory.asp?story_id=5699

This trade is essentially two 1st rounders for Cutler then Orton straight up for a 3rd rounder. Hardly the Orton + late rounder for Cutler that was ballmich's suggestion.

Cutler and a 5th for Orton, two 1st round picks (09/10), and a 3rd round pick this year --- WOW, too much!

I might be alone here, but the more I think about the trade, I don't think the Bears gave up THAT much.

Sure, 2 1sts and Orton seems like a ton, but the Bears have 18 this year, and will probably be picking between 20-30 next year. If they are getting a 3rd back, it looks more like:

18, 25, and Orton for Cutler and a 3rd.

It's a lot, but the Bears GM has had a lot of trouble drafting any kind of talent in the first round.

I hate that he got traded to a team in the NFC North. They did give up a lot for him, but Cutler is going to be a huge addition for them. Orton was getting better, but he's not even half of Jay Cutler.

Seeing him on the Bears though....yuck. At least it's not the Vikings though, that would be scary.

I might be alone here, but the more I think about the trade, I don't think the Bears gave up THAT much.

Sure, 2 1sts and Orton seems like a ton, but the Bears have 18 this year, and will probably be picking between 20-30 next year. If they are getting a 3rd back, it looks more like:

18, 25, and Orton for Cutler and a 3rd.

It's a lot, but the Bears GM has had a lot of trouble drafting any kind of talent in the first round.

I hate that he got traded to a team in the NFC North. They did give up a lot for him, but Cutler is going to be a huge addition for them. Orton was getting better, but he's not even half of Jay Cutler.

Seeing him on the Bears though....yuck. At least it's not the Vikings though, that would be scary.

Feel dumb quoting my own post, but there's conflicting reports about 3rd/5th rounders. If it's a 3rd going to Denver and a 5th coming back, then I'd say they overpaid.