Motowncool

BRONCOS WILL TRADE CUTLER

Not sure what I think of this..... but, what would you guys think of our 1st and 20th for Cutler and their 12th?

Denver wants more than that and if Detroit is talking I think talks will center around Cutler AND Scheffler (we're the only team interested who needs both positions).

Those guys are young enough and essentially draft picks (I think they hold more value because they are both established players)

JUST Cutler (in your scenario) would probably be #1/#20/2010 1st rounder for Cutler/#12--we may have to give up more just to get Denver to pay the #1 "premium"

Cutler and Scheffler would probably reach "Jared Allen" value...#1/#20/2010 1st rounder/2010 2nd rounder for those two/#12

Getting #12 at all would be a boon one of the OTs would fall to there for sure and you're solidifying your offense with young stars like Cutler/Johnson/Smith/Scheffler/Oher/Gosder.

It goes without saying that every pick after that (and in the near future) would need to be on defense. BUT I also think we would be a much more attractive place to play with all that young talent.

#20 and next years first. Draft a tackle or Curry. 8-8 this season, playoffs next. You have to pay for what you want and in this case need. I feel its a small price in the big picture...assuming he doesn't break his leg getting of the plane.

The business side of things makes having Cutler (with impending extension) AND #1 a tough thing. The darkhorse probability is signing a player like Curry/Raji who would come cheaper than a #1 overall QB/LT.

#20 and next years first. Draft a tackle or Curry. 8-8 this season, playoffs next. You have to pay for what you want and in this case need. I feel its a small price in the big picture...assuming he doesn't break his leg getting of the plane.

That won't be enough.

That won't be enough.

You might be right, but doesn't that really limit the field here, assuming the real asking price is two first round picks?

That won't be enough.

I agree. The only way they'll do a trade I think is if they either get a QB or a pick in the top 6 or 7 picks. They want a legit shot a Sanchez (I think) if they don't get a QB. With the #20 pick, he won't be there.

They were reporting on the radio here in Chicago that the bidding for Cutler starts at two first round picks.

No thanks.

I'm not surprised that is the starting point their ask. Always start high in your initial request. But the more I think about it, I would be surprised if they get two 1st round picks. Unless the 2009 pick is a late 1st round pick. However, I don't think that works for Denver, if they think they need to get Stafford or Sanchez, because they'll need a top 10 pick for a good shot at one of those guys.

Denver already sits at #12. They could package #20 and #12 or any combination of a 1st and a 2nd to get into the top 10 to get the QB they want...if they want one of those guys.

I think this is a no brainer. Give whatever it takes. We have not had anything resembling a decent QB since Erik Kramer(and that's not a good thing). The defense with what has been done will be decent. You throw in a franchise 25 year old QB with a top tier receiver, a very competent running back and with a #1 overall tackle. All of a sudden this offense looks borderline scary!!!

Denver already sits at #12. They could package #20 and #12 or any combination of a 1st and a 2nd to get into the top 10 to get the QB they want...if they want one of those guys.

I think this is a no brainer. Give whatever it takes. We have not had anything resembling a decent QB since Erik Kramer(and that's not a good thing). The defense with what has been done will be decent. You throw in a franchise 25 year old QB with a top tier receiver, a very competent running back and with a #1 overall tackle. All of a sudden this offense looks borderline scary!!!

I am only scared if you believe this....

Keep the picks. I want Cutler as much as anyone. But not at the expense of multiple high picks. This team needs talent all over the place. That won't get accomplished by trading away multiple picks for one player. I'd rather they either draft Stafford and keep the other picks, draft Stafford and trade down out of #20 to acquire more picks, or draft OT #1 and take defense the rest of the way.

Denver doesn't think they need to get Stafford or Sanchez.

They either think they need one of these guys, or a QB like Quinn or Campbell. They aren't going into the season with Chris Simms as their starter.

So in a comparison, I guess you'd also take a pay cut, constantly work unpaid overtime, and work for someone that hates you and wouldn't give you a good reference?

bad comparison, this is detroit and i know a few people going through this and feel lucky to keep their job

what's to be scared of...another 0-16 season! I'm saying if we can make this happen, this team will have what only MAYBE 10 teams in the league have...a great QB(Indy,NE,Pitt,Philly,SD,Dal,Atl, and I'll throw in Ari)And who is consistantly in the playoffs, those teams.

I know JC hasn't been to the playoffs but he's more refined than Peyton was in his 3rd year and probably has a better record than Peyton had. Denver is offering a great QB that has another 7-10 years left in the league on a silver platter and you're telling me all we have to give up is 2 first round maybe's!!! Again...NO BRAINER

what's to be scared of...another 0-16 season! I'm saying if we can make this happen, this team will have what only MAYBE 10 teams in the league have...a great QB(Indy,NE,Pitt,Philly,SD,Dal,Atl, and I'll throw in Ari)And who is consistantly in the playoffs, those teams.

I know JC hasn't been to the playoffs but he's more refined than Peyton was in his 3rd year and probably has a better record than Peyton had. Denver is offering a great QB that has another 7-10 years left in the league on a silver platter and you're telling me all we have to give up is 2 first round maybe's!!! Again...NO BRAINER

In Manning's third year the Colts went 10-6, made the playoffs and lost to the Dolphins. He threw for 4413 yards and 33 TDs, both of which led the league.

In Cutler's third year the Broncos went 8-8, he threw for more yards than Manning, but had less TDs and more interceptions.

I don't think Cutler is more refined than Peyton Manning. They're different types of QBs.

Yes, it's amusing, how over much some folks over value draft picks. Someone said they wouldn't even do 20/33, let's look at some draft history from the Lions, lets say 10 years. Let's see if either of the two players, or both of the top two Lions picks are worthy of a 25 yr. old QB, who went to the pro bowl.

1999 - Claiborne (#9), Gibson (#27)

2000 - McDougle (#20), Green (#50)

2001 - Backus (#18), Raiola (#50)

2002 - Harrington (#3), Edwards (#35)

2003 - Rogers (#2), Bailey (#34)

2004 - Williams (#7), Jones (#30)

2005 - Williams (#10), Cody (#37)

2006 - Sims (#9), Bullocks (#40)

2007 - Johnson (#2), Stanton (#37)

2008 - Cherilous (#17), Dizon (#45)

I think 1 of Cutler would be better then any two of them. 2007 is the only one I would have to think about, because Johnson is probably more elite then Cutler at his position, however Cutler's position is more important to a team.

Keep the picks. I want Cutler as much as anyone. But not at the expense of multiple high picks. This team needs talent all over the place. That won't get accomplished by trading away multiple picks for one player. I'd rather they either draft Stafford and keep the other picks, draft Stafford and trade down out of #20 to acquire more picks, or draft OT #1 and take defense the rest of the way.

The Redskins will offer them Cambell, their #1 pick this year and next year and a bunch of other picks. The Skins are stupid, they'll do what it takes to get the star player.

They either think they need one of these guys, or a QB like Quinn or Campbell. They aren't going into the season with Chris Simms as their starter.

Chris Simms is a better talent than Matt Cassell, IMO.

I think that's a good argument about quantity of players versus quality, however I don't think drafting a qb project #1 is consistent with that notion. I'd be fine if they held on to their picks and took Curry for example at #1, LB/OL at #20/#33, but if they are going to take Stafford, I'd rather try to get Cutler.

I think that's a good argument about quantity of players versus quality, however I don't think drafting a qb project #1 is consistent with that notion. I'd be fine if they held on to their picks and took Curry for example at #1, LB/OL at #20/#33, but if they are going to take Stafford, I'd rather try to get Cutler.

The problem with that, though, is that it will probably take multiple picks. If it were just Cutler for the #1, I would agree. Go with the known. But it's probably going to take more as long as Snyder is involved.

Chris Simms is a better talent than Matt Cassell' date=' IMO.[/quote']

Maybe he is. That is if this Chris Simms character you are talking about isn't the one that plays QB in the NFL. Because that Chris Simms isn't even close.

Yes, it's amusing, how over much some folks over value draft picks. Someone said they wouldn't even do 20/33, let's look at some draft history from the Lions, lets say 10 years. Let's see if either of the two players, or both of the top two Lions picks are worthy of a 25 yr. old QB, who went to the pro bowl.

1999 - Claiborne (#9), Gibson (#27)

2000 - McDougle (#20), Green (#50)

2001 - Backus (#18), Raiola (#50)

2002 - Harrington (#3), Edwards (#35)

2003 - Rogers (#2), Bailey (#34)

2004 - Williams (#7), Jones (#30)

2005 - Williams (#10), Cody (#37)

2006 - Sims (#9), Bullocks (#40)

2007 - Johnson (#2), Stanton (#37)

2008 - Cherilous (#17), Dizon (#45)

I think 1 of Cutler would be better then any two of them. 2007 is the only one I would have to think about, because Johnson is probably more elite then Cutler at his position, however Cutler's position is more important to a team.

My point exactly. Take the sure thing and still end up with the #1 pick.

I would love to get Cutler but does anyone know if we can even afford to get Cutler and the top pick?