And your goalie is.....  

24 members have voted

1. 1. And your goalie is.....

• Dom
    • Cujo
    • Manny, and spend 17 mil elsewhere

Guest E.J. Smith

Whoa. I can't believe you guys all hate goalies. :classic:

I'd go with Dom for all the reasons stated above.

"And honestly, who cares about opinions. Everybody has them about crap they don't have a realistic picture of. Ok, this topic has become the proverbial dead horse."

How can a person learn if they don't listen to other people's opinions. Seems to me you have a very narrow minded view.

Now to the topic at hand, between Dom and Cujo. Ask yourself these two questions. 1) Who will be in the Hall of Fame? 2)Who has won more Veniza trophies?

Q1 I believe Dom will be in with no problem, but Cujo might have a little more difficulty

Q2 Without double checking and going by what I remember. I believe Hasek has 5 and Cujo 0.

One little side note. Who remembers the 2000 Olympics in Japan? The Czechs won the gold medal and Hasek was brillant in the shootout. Even though I would have had Yzerman instead of Shanny taking that pentaly shot.

I think alot of people are forgetting about age, Patrick Roy, in my opinion, the best goalie ever, retired because he knew he was not going to be nearly as good as he normally was. Hasket much like Roy is 38 turning 39, i don't care how good you are, age still plays a large part.

Originally posted by MotorCityOrangeman

Sorry HG, didn't see your post above. I'm not questioning Kenny Holland at all. He went out and got the best available goaltender with playoff experience. It just turned out that the change of scenery didn't change the fact that he's not a playoff goaltender and was not capable of outplaying the goaltender at the other end. Legace was not going to be an option this year because of the money given to Joseph, but when it comes down to it, with the possibility of Hasek coming back for only one year, Holland will be very comfortable with the idea of having to turn to Legace in the future.

-- snip responses to vas and oblong--

Oh yeah, and HG, your post loses its credibility when all you do is resort to an immature personal attack.

Well that's quite a long and detailed response to me in the first paragraph considering that all I did was resort to an "immature personal attack." You refering to my comments as an "immature personal attack" basically equate to "I'm rubber, you're glue, whatever you say bounces off me and sticks to you!" I just call 'em like I see 'em MCO, and whether my opinion is "credible" to you or not is of zero importance to me.

Originally posted by spanka

I think alot of people are forgetting about age, Patrick Roy, in my opinion, the best goalie ever, retired because he knew he was not going to be nearly as good as he normally was. Hasket much like Roy is 38 turning 39, i don't care how good you are, age still plays a large part.

Hasek is much more healthy than Roy, who's arthritic hips caused him to retire more than his age.

Originally posted by cruzer1

Hasek is much more healthy than Roy, who's arthritic hips caused him to retire more than his age.

Good Point cruzer1! Dom looked very agile in net for us at 38 yrs old and he has not had many injuries his entire career. Dom returns to form.

Don't forget, Cujo is 36. He's my age...no spring chicken in the sports world.

It's not like he's Brodeur or anything.

I'm all aboard the Manny-wagon. Why dont we make sure to trade with one of the Canadian teams since they need some help? Give them a good goalie.